What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halatau out, Fein in

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/862780

Halatau out, Fein In

Warriors hooker Nathan Fien will make his Kiwis debut from the bench on Saturday against the Kangaroos in Melbourne.
Fien has been called up by coach Brian McClennan to take a place on the bench for the clash at the Telstra Dome after Dene Halatau was ruled out on Thursday with a shoulder injury.

Fien's Warriors team mate Jerome Ropati will take Halatau's spot at hooker in the starting line-up.

Fien, who was officially added to the Kiwis Tri-Nations squad earlier this week, has made an incredible recovery from a back injury under the guidance of Kiwis physiotherapist Michelle Booth and doctor Simon Mayhew.

Halatau injured his shoulder in the opening game of the Tri-Nations series against the Kangaroos at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland last week.
The Kiwis train again in Melbourne on Thursday afternoon.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Master Vippo said:
I think once you play origin you have made your choice, or was there a reset thingy?

I think there is a three year stand down period.

nadera78

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
I think there is a three year stand down period.

Surely that applies to international teams?

Playing for queensland doesn't prevent you playing for a country other than Australia in the future, playing for a country other than Australia does stop you from playing for Queensland.

Martli

Coach
Bobby DIGital said:
I hope he starts. I can't see Ropati doin much from hooker.

What I imagine will be something like this:

New Zealand and Australia slug it out for the first 20 minutes. Ropati is there purely for defence, Fein is kept on the bench to minimise the risk of reinjuring his back in an intense first 20 minutes. One the slug fest is over, we bring fein on and start our assault on the tryline.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what a joke

born and bred in Mt Isa

another Aussie who probably doesn't even know the works to the Haka

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
what a joke

born and bred in Mt Isa

another Aussie who probably doesn't even know the works to the Haka