What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halatau starting

Fordy20

Juniors
What did everything think of Halatau starting rather than coming off the bench? Personally I wasn't very impressed and I wasn't impressed with Nofoaluma's performance in the centres. He belongs on the wing.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The fact Halatau is still picked every week in the 17 is a concern for our depth. At this stage of his career, He should be playing most of the time in NSW Cup.

On another note, Lodge is not coming on as well as I hoped in the off season..

magpie guy

Juniors
I actually thought Halatau was one of our better players. Made a load of effective tackles. He also did spend a lot of the second half at left centre as well.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He certainly wasn't in the worst 3-4.

But do you think he would be playing at 2nd row at too many other clubs though this year?

TYGA

Juniors
He ran for 28 metres according to the NRL website Galloway 53, Siro 55, Taupau 71.
Something is seriously wrong against that Knights pack houston, Scott and Smith are getting on in years.

We need to start being honest our defence has improved in tight but we are hopeless out wide and our attack and running game is hopeless. farah needs to dominate the ball around the ruck again otherwise we are going to run bottom 4

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yep for sure , certainly put in more effort than I Woods who I thought had a very lazy pisspoor game.

Halatau - 4 runs 27 yards 26 tackles
Woods- 17 runs 167 yards 40 tackles...

Perhaps people just take Woods efforts for granted now.

Cant ever criticise Halatau for effort. An overachiever who gets the most out of his game.

Prefer to give his minutes to Lovett who looks a similar player with youth and a much higher ceiling on his side while playing at a similar standard and position atm.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyway f**k stats... walking 10 metres a run isnt better then running 10 metres drawing defense and looking for an offload . Get my point . Yes I guess I am taking his efforts for granted , but as I said his effort tonight looked lazy and as our number one prop didnt set a very high standard.

macnaz

Staff member
Halatau - 4 runs 27 yards 26 tackles
Woods- 17 runs 167 yards 40 tackles...

Perhaps people just take Woods efforts for granted now.

And im comparing effort .he isnt a prop , Halatau I thought put 100% percent in to all he did .

TYGA

Juniors
Halatau was good hit hard. We lost the game in the hit up department and field position. Our kickers were on the back foot all day. Thats where Halatau, Sirro, Galloway even taupau today fell short.

The issue we have is Halatau deserves a starting position. Would be lucky to be on the bench at most clubs. lack of depth is disturbing.

BuffaloRules

Coach
So what did Halatau do instead?

He tries hard, sure. But you could look at his stats and say he had a Blair- esqe performance.

Not blaming him for the loss, and there were worse players out there but the bloke gets lots of love every week and I don't see it.

magpie guy

Juniors
So what did Halatau do instead?

He tries hard, sure. But you could look at his stats and say he had a Blair- esqe performance.

Not blaming him for the loss, and there were worse players out there but the bloke gets lots of love every week and I don't see it.

As I said, Halatau spent a good portion of the second half at left centre when Lawrence went off. That would have affected his stats. I think that he is useful in tightening up the defence and also tackling big guys and putting them down quick so they don't get a chance to offload.

Fordy20

Juniors
If that's his best position, then he should move to lock and then Taupau could come off the bench and provide the same impact that he does for New Zealand.