What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half a halfback for 30 years.

BennyV

Referee
I agree with the majority of what you've said. But please don't tell me you think Millward has done well with our recruitment.
He's been involved in the failed attempts to recruit centres Peta Hiku and James Roberts, instead signing Tim Lafai (Genius).
Then there is his attempts to sign a half, Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary, Lachlan Coote, that went well.
He's signed Nene MacDonald, a winger, for over $350k a season (paid overs) and Paul Vaughan, unwanted at Canberra, for $550k a season (paid overs).
In the mean time, we currently have the likes of Josh Dugan, Euan Aitken, Taane Milne, Kurt Mann, Drew Hutchison, Garreth Widdop, Jack De Belin, Russell Packer and Siliva Havili off contract at the end of 2017. The majority of these guys should have been tied up to long term deals by now. But he did sign Jake Marketo to another season, that was a master stroke.
I will give credit where credit is due; he signed Tyson Frizell long term.
Fortunately, we have some loyal juniors that he has re-signed. But please don't tell me he's done a good job. He is another part of the incompetence running the club, along with Doust and his cronies and McGregor.
The position I'm referring to, the one that was created for him, was Director of Pathways, and he's done will in that - he's signed our top juniors and he's put plans in place to bring them through to grade. Example, paving the way for Dufty and Field, pushing Host and Leilua up through the grades and now prepping the likes of Herbert for a crack. Plus the amount of u18 players who came up through NYC last year (Robson, Johns, Taurus and so on).

Admittedly, his job relies on Mary not being a complete moron. BUt all things considered, things are looking ok junior-wise over the next few years.

External recruitment is meant to be done by David Warwick.

RedVDragon

Juniors
A half, 5/8 combo which would be lethal is

6. Anthony the Man Mundine
7. Matt Head

to be the go between of flare and control

13. Graham O'Grady

Imagine Head on one side and O'Grady on the other side putting the man into gaps then backing up the middle for a try under the post.