What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfway rating.

rate the season

• 1. Abysmal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Awful.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 3. Very poor.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 4. Poor.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • 5. Ho Hum.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 6. Bearable.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 7. Quietly optomistic.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 8. Starting to see the light.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 9. Going great guns

• 10. Unstoppable.

• Total voters

Rich102

Staff member
Halfway through the regular season.
Rate the season so far out of 10. (10 being excellent - 1 being abysmal)

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I went with 8, rather than 7. I think the Warriors have the little things or crucial things going against them during games. Whether it be injury to one of the players, or individual errors.

Once they are overcome, I think the Warriors will be a dominant force in the back half of the comp.

_addict

Juniors
Given the bright expectations we had at the start of the year and the good reason for it player-wise we're currently very poor

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Very poor. They've gone backwards miles defensively, some bad roster and team selection and despite being ranked quite highly in points scored the attack is pretty kick and individual brilliance based with minimal offloads or willingness to stray from one out hitups as evidenced by v Tigers and Storm.

Micistm

Bench
4 IMO. Considering the talent we have, and the established team, we should be building on last year. I know a different coach has different ideas, and we have had various players out as well, but we need to get a lot of issues sorted, defence especially, before we are going to worry any of the top teams unless they are having a real off day.
Usually I'm optimistic, but this year I just don't know tbh.

vvvrulz

Coach
5. Ho Hum, when we should be 9. Going great guns. Selection blunders, strange bench rotation and woeful backline defence is keeping us out of the top four. Its very frustrating but we can take heart that we've at least got the potential to do great things.

_addict

Juniors
5. Ho Hum, when we should be 9. Going great guns. Selection blunders, strange bench rotation and woeful backline defence is keeping us out of the top four. Its very frustrating but we can take heart that we've at least got the potential to do great things.

Surely that's the crux of the matter. The results and performance are so far from the potential it isn't funny.

Juju

Juniors
41.6%

On track to miss the playoffs.

Way off target for a top 4 finish.

Juju

Juniors
With so many inconsistent teams this year I think we might squeak into the top eight, but not get very far after that.
Its a lottery been 11 and 7 really... I think it may depend on the Bunnies and Sharks and if their form can hold or they do the traditional fade away.

We need a winning streak pretty urgently...

playdaball

Bench
Poor - 8 or so months ago this club had 3 teams in their respective GF. Now the 1st grade team is 9th. Agree with previous comments re bad selections, recruitment, defensive efforts, bench rotation (yesterday why was the Fish back on?) etc. Most of these points actually relate to coaching - dont they?

Skram

Juniors
I've gone for 6. Bearable, as I'm finding these losses poor for most of the reasons already mentioned but I find it bearable because a lot of little things have gone wrong and the potential and personnel are still there.

spear tackle

Juniors
You know we should be used to this every season I have high hopes only to see them dashed. It wont be long now when we can start looking forward to next season without Maloney, Brown,Luck, Ta'i (and who knows who else) with Inu off the books and a couple of new faces for it all to be repeated again.
Actually looking at the list of departing players we're going to have a team thats half gutted with not a lot of people stepping up that I can see.

Juju

Juniors
You know we should be used to this every season I have high hopes only to see them dashed. It wont be long now when we can start looking forward to next season without Maloney, Brown,Luck, Ta'i (and who knows who else) with Inu off the books and a couple of new faces for it all to be repeated again.
Actually looking at the list of departing players we're going to have a team thats half gutted with not a lot of people stepping up that I can see.

Player retention / squad depth has been the most disappointing aspect to me.
It's like we are stripping away what was one of our major strengths in 2011.
Bluey's just trying to stamp his mark on the club I guess.

spear tackle

Juniors
True Juju its a bit like running a business if you come in as the boss, if certain aspects aint broken dont try to fix/change it look at the weak parts and work on that.