What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannay Press Conference

DJDL

Bench
The boards decision to let bomber go when they did is not looking so silly now.

There is now no negative media around our coaching position. If bomber was still here, even after 4 wins…or especially after 4 wins, the narrative continues. We’d still be in the news cycle after every damn presser.

Also, makes it a lot neater to tap players not required for next year and put in place plans for next year…That would have been very difficult to manage when bomber has relationships with these guys and may disagree. Recipe for disharmony right there.

It was tough on bomber but the right call.

I had a listen to the Bloke In A Bar podcast with Toby during the week and he raised a valid point on this issue.

Something along the lines of the board were between a rock and hard place with what to do with Bomber.
If they kept him on and the team went on a winning streak there'd be cries of "why are you letting him go?".
Conversely, if they went on a losing streak it would be "why didn't you let him go straight away?".

It's a no-win situation really, and one I hadn't thought of previously.

Eion

First Grade
I had a listen to the Bloke In A Bar podcast with Toby during the week and he raised a valid point on this issue.

Something along the lines of the board were between a rock and hard place with what to do with Bomber.
If they kept him on and the team went on a winning streak there'd be cries of "why are you letting him go?".
Conversely, if they went on a losing streak it would be "why didn't you let him go straight away?".

It's a no-win situation really, and one I hadn't thought of previously.
Exactly. As soon as we heard about Fitz coming in I remember Gus was saying we had to get rid of bomber straight away. No if’s or buts. He went through these various scenarios.
Gus can be a punish but is clever about a lot of things.

So over these Facebook standard bullshit arguments about coaches.

Morris is gone. Get over it
Hannay is rank average. Get use to it
Fitz is going to be refreshing. Get behind him
Don’t want to do any of this. Get farked
Yes Bring in the "face book" putdown, dont worry about arguing the substance ... Im all for getting on the Fitz train , But the "get in line " goons "everything Morriss fault.. ???? FFS (.Hes gone.).....New management all decisions good"Everything JM fault ....... make it hard.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Whats different to any other year? There is always a year long topic of polarisation. That's why its a forum!

Morris vs Hannay might be boring but so is always posting what Chad would have done (snout) when he's now history. No different to me bagging Felix who has been long gone. No different to the usual suspects tossing out poorly presented baits on a regular basis. No difference to TTG rhetoric that used to purvey this joint.

Without polarisation in here we ARE the Facebook page. BBBBAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Scroll function is great.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
BFs post made me rethink the topic and I’d just like to clarify... I’m very pro Fitz and the board direction right now but I’m not in the JM is shit and should be blamed for everything that has happened. Not wanting his tenure to continue isn’t a sign of hate, more that there is a better option imo.

snout

First Grade
Whats different to any other year? There is always a year long topic of polarisation. That's why its a forum!

Morris vs Hannay might be boring but so is always posting what Chad would have done (snout) when he's now history. No different to me bagging Felix who has been long gone. No different to the usual suspects tossing out poorly presented baits on a regular basis. No difference to TTG rhetoric that used to purvey this joint.

Without polarisation in here we ARE the Facebook page. BBBBAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Scroll function is great.
Hey!...l resemble that comment.

Frenzy.

Immortal
BFs post made me rethink the topic and I’d just like to clarify... I’m very pro Fitz and the board direction right now but I’m not in the JM is shit and should be blamed for everything that has happened. Not wanting his tenure to continue isn’t a sign of hate, more that there is a better option imo.

Hate is the argument used in here by those who can not debate subjectively.

If you say one of the sacred cows ™ has underperformed, pointed out the errors of one of the fan sweethearts or even say you don't like one of the common heroes - you are a hater.

That's just life as a wolf in a pack of sheep

Quigs

Immortal
Oh you can't scare me I'm stickin' to the Union
Stickin' to the Union,
Stickin' to the Union
Oh you can't scare me I'm stickin' to the Union
Till the day I die.

Latest posts