What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannay Press Conference

maybe frenzy.
I like frenzy.
we can disagree respectfully :)
When you come in and try and change the narrative of someones post, to twist and suit your agendas, for whatever reasons, you will not get respect back with.
Hence why throwing the word belligerence out there is quite bizarre considering how you have behaved in this stance.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not a bad presser last night. Fun fact was brought up, it's the first time the Sharks have won 4 on the trot since 2018 when Flanno was still in charge.
Well done Josh.

Another fun thing he said "looking forward to working under Craig Fitzgibbon next year" - Josh Hannay

This will cause some aching in the anuses of some.

When you come in and try and change the narrative of someones post, to twist and suit your agendas, for whatever reasons, you will not get respect back with.
Hence why throwing the word belligerence out there is quite bizarre considering how you have behaved in this stance.
I didn't twist anything.
and no agendas to be had.
you're trying to give JH the kudos.
just like pointing out the stat about beating a top 8 side when we rolled penrith.
you know what you are doing.

Eion

First Grade
The boards decision to let bomber go when they did is not looking so silly now.

There is now no negative media around our coaching position. If bomber was still here, even after 4 wins…or especially after 4 wins, the narrative continues. We’d still be in the news cycle after every damn presser.

Also, makes it a lot neater to tap players not required for next year and put in place plans for next year…That would have been very difficult to manage when bomber has relationships with these guys and may disagree. Recipe for disharmony right there.

It was tough on bomber but the right call.

Frenzy.

Immortal
this is John's team.
not JH.
let's be serious.

So with the same team. Who has done better? Clearly going in invoke subjective answers however, just for fun I'll just present some quantifiable facts and some observations.

JMs longest winning streak was 3. Longest losing streak 5. No wins vs teams above Sharks on ladder.
JH longest winning streak 4. Longest losing streak 6. 3 wins against teams higher than Sharks on ladder.

JM had a full preason as head coach.
JH came in as head coach from Round 5 onwards.

JH did what 90% of the people reading this wanted. Dropped Townsend.
JM did not.

JH dropped Dugan.
JM did not.

Both inherited a salary cap debacle. JM more disadvantaged due to the reduction

Non quantifiable observations

JM seemed to work against incoming coach.
JH is working with incoming coach.

JH seems to have worked out a group of players that fitz the style he wants
JM persisted with FlannoBall and didn't seemingly introduce anythng new.

Players were comfortable with their encumbency under Morris.
Players are now nervous and fighting for positions and careers under Hannay.

Both have dealt with significant injury problems

I can't see a struck match between them to be honest but along the honesty vein I prefer Hannay as he has the backing of the new coach, a new direction guiding him with the cleanout and hopefully a successful recruitment going forward.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The boards decision to let bomber go when they did is not looking so silly now.

There is now no negative media around our coaching position. If bomber was still here, even after 4 wins…or especially after 4 wins, the narrative continues. We’d still be in the news cycle after every damn presser.

Also, makes it a lot neater to tap players not required for next year and put in place plans for next year…That would have been very difficult to manage when bomber has relationships with these guys and may disagree. Recipe for disharmony right there.

It was tough on bomber but the right call.

I concur

I agree, in part.

JH longest winning streak 4. Longest losing streak 6. 3 wins against teams higher than Sharks on ladder.

Which 3 games?
4 wins are against 2 sides we've already beaten this year under JM - one with clutch player the Chad still in the side
an undermanned panthers outfit
an imploding titans.

JH did what 90% of the people reading this wanted. Dropped Townsend.
JM did not.

JH dropped Dugan.
JM did not.

impact of our halves largely the same.
moylan having more of an impact sure, but no where near inline with his price point.

chambers no upgrade.
watch feldts try last night (laughable)
and all his shitty rushing in defence, dick finger handling and tell me he's not.

should have left the phone on silent.

purely financial decisions. no more.

Non quantifiable observations

JM seemed to work against incoming coach.

Why would JM work against the incoming coach?
He was the coach himself... until he wasn't?

JH seems to have worked out a group of players that fitz the style he wants

You make it sound like there has been substantial change.
there hasn't been.

JM persisted with FlannoBall and didn't seemingly introduce anythng new.

Unless I'm watching a different game I think the advent of a well executed scrum play from the middle of the field found its way into our arsenal under JM.
we do it better than most IMO.

I can't see a struck match between them to be honest but along the honesty vein I prefer Hannay as he has the backing of the new coach, a new direction guiding him with the cleanout and hopefully a successful recruitment going forward.

Can't compare the two IMO.
JM has had a much deeper impact on the team over and extended timeframe than JH who is nursing the baby till Fitz arrives.

we have every reason to be competing with brisbane for a race to the bottom and we're not.
we can thank JM for that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree, in part.

Which 3 games?
4 wins are against 2 sides we've already beaten this year under JM - one with clutch player the Chad still in the side
an undermanned panthers outfit
an imploding titans.

A win is a win is a win. The 3 games vs teams above at the time are Cowboys, St George and Penrith. Don't know where you pull the Titans from. You only beat what's in front of you and not The Sharks or Hannay's fault the Panthers were undermanned. Cows game was a cripple fight but the Sharks hung on. New resilience.
impact of our halves largely the same.
moylan having more of an impact sure, but no where near inline with his price point.
Yes, because SJ is not a game manager's arsehole. He'd doing exactly what so many criticised CT for. Not finishing games off.
chambers no upgrade.
watch feldts try last night (laughable)
Such a Shark fan thing to identify. Pick out the glaring error and ignore the 100 good things a player does. Also, you're using your own words again. I didn't say he was an upgrade did I? I said he's in another post that he's going to be a great mentor and that he wouldn't get back to his best till 2022 if at all.

and all his shitty rushing in defence, dick finger handling and tell me he's not.
Do you like Rudolf? There's your real shitty rushing defence.

should have left the phone on silent.

purely financial decisions. no more.
How so? What was the advantage of spending any money on him. Is he making us a profit somehow? Do you know why he was brought in? It wasn't to cover injuries. Ramien and Kennedy have definitely lifted since Chambers came. Players are not always brought in to supply bells and whistles.
Why would JM work against the incoming coach?
He was the coach himself... until he wasn't?
Why indeed? Dummy spit. He got rissoled because he wasn't going to collaborate. Was not going to go in the direction his bosses wanted.
You make it sound like there has been substantial change.
there hasn't been.

I don't think so. I wrote a group of players had been identified as able to play Fitz style. Didn't say they were, didn't say there was substantial change. It's a clear future orientated observations. Your words are your words, not mine :)
Unless I'm watching a different game I think the advent of a well executed scrum play from the middle of the field found its way into our arsenal under JM.
we do it better than most IMO.
Unless of course the attack coach came up witht that. Or the players. Neither you nor I know that.
Can't compare the two IMO.
JM has had a much deeper impact on the team over and extended timeframe than JH who is nursing the baby till Fitz arrives.
This is a pisstake! JM had no impact. Team didn't change anything in 2 1/4 years.
we have every reason to be competing with brisbane for a race to the bottom and we're not.
we can thank JM for that.

I agree. We have reason to be competing with Brisbane for the spoon and we can thank JM for that

See, I'm a word twister as well. 🤣

Last edited:
A win is a win is a win. The 3 games vs teams above at the time are Cowboys, St George and Penrith. Don't know where you pull the Titans from. You only beat what's in front of you and not The Sharks or Hannay's fault the Panthers were undermanned. Cows game was a cripple fight but the Sharks hung on. New resilience.

1 question and 1 statement.
the titans were part of the statement on the winning streak not top 8 sides we've beaten.
I agree a win is a win.
you are selling it like we've progressed from where we were.
have we?
what happened to the sentiment of getting the spoon?
oh we have a streak against the same kind of sides we were already beating?

Yes, because SJ is not a game manager's arsehole. He'd doing exactly what so many criticised CT for. Not finishing games off.

So who's the better game manager?
Chad or SJ?
are you suggesting that JH has got it wrong?

Such a Shark fan thing to identify. Pick out the glaring error and ignore the 100 good things a player does. Also, you're using your own words again. I didn't say he was an upgrade did I? I said he's in another post that he's going to be a great mentor and that he wouldn't get back to his best till 2022 if at all.

Nah.
he's been garbage.
dugan has him covered in spades.

Do you like Rudolf? There's your real shitty rushing defence.

he's entitled to make a mistake.
he's in the engine room doing the hard work.
learning his trade.
watch the left edge on many occasions.
no communication shit house reads.

How so? What was the advantage of spending any money on him. Is he making us a profit somehow? Do you know why he was brought in? It wasn't to cover injuries. Ramien and Kennedy have definitely lifted since Chambers came. Players are not always brought in to supply bells and whistles.

for next year.
downgrading the lofty heights invested in a centre position.

Why indeed? Dummy spit. He got rissoled because he wasn't going to collaborate. Was not going to go in the direction his bosses wanted.

would you in his circumstances?

I don't think so. I wrote a group of players had been identified as able to play Fitz style. Didn't say they were, didn't say there was substantial change. It's a clear future orientated observations. Your words are your words, not mine :)

which players?
the team is largely the same excluding Chad and Dugan and any changes required due to suspension and/or injury.
along with the re-inclusion of SJ and talakai from their own respective injuries.
which players did he magically find that weren't already there?

Unless of course the attack coach came up witht that. Or the players. Neither you nor I know that.

you acknowledge the positive impact so why comment yourself that he hasn't added anything new?
if as you claim we both don't know.

This is a pisstake! JM had no impact. Team didn't change anything in 2 1/4 years.

even BBB acknowledges it.
you disagree?
that's unusual.

I agree. We have reason to be competing with Brisbane for the sppon and we can thank JM for that

See, I'm a word twister as well. 🤣

so why aren't we?
because JH dug us out of a hole beating the same sides we already were?
okay that makes sense.

Good day and night to go to a party in Thirroul.
I give kudos to the people who are not afraid to show that they have no idea. All power to you, you are who you are.

Latest posts