What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Pre-Season Ever

be55

Juniors
I laughed when he said "I've never had to worry about too much speed", when he was asked about getting back to full fitness.

At least he's a realist.

It proved a handy signing when McInnes got injured, but even pre-injury at the Knights and at the Broncos, he was universally known to be one of the slower dummy-halves in the comp. He's even signed beyond next year as well. I think we are in trouble if he is running out as our hooker in 2023.

With the way the game is changing, this position is becoming vital to a teams success, and i really do hope the club has a succession plan in place. People like to mention Muhleisen, but the limited times i saw him play as part of the SG Ball team, he was a handy young player, but i didn't think he stood out like Bud, Junior and the twins did. Would be interesting to get @George Dragon opinion on him making it to first grade.

I think good teams have speed and creativity out of dummy half and i hope the club is planning for this sooner rather than later...

Crush

Coach
Is anyone else feeling completely starved of sports and counting the days until the off-season is finished?
Usually I put NRL aside for a few months and concentrate on the cricket but with the late start to the Ashes and now rain forecast for the foreseeable future I just keep thinking about the footy next year.
I think it’s my hardest pre season ever!!!
Let’s go already!

SnowDragon

Juniors
Is anyone else feeling completely starved of sports and counting the days until the off-season is finished?
Usually I put NRL aside for a few months and concentrate on the cricket but with the late start to the Ashes and now rain forecast for the foreseeable future I just keep thinking about the footy next year.
Let’s go already!
I feel your pain. Can’t get any cricket over here in Sweden, even watched a few games from last year just to fill the hole. Must say the teases of the interviews and training sessions has me overly excited. Anything can happen, but it feels we could have our best season for ages.

Dragon David

First Grade
Let’s go already!
It is a bit of a drag at the moment. There has been a lot of cricket going on in the world and the Ashes is to commence in a week but I can't wait to see our boys running around again and the anticipation of a great and exciting year for the Dragons is putting cricket well and truly in the background this year for some reason.

Maybe, I'm expecting too much from our squad but I don't know, it feels to me that next season will be a beauty and I'm liking what I see and read about fitness and strength in the players so yes, let's go already!

saints4ever

First Grade
Why would we release that , as it's obviously revolves around slowing the ruck down ? Good to see the coaches have pin pointed this as our woeful defense at times last year was because of initial fatigue, caused by lack of ruck control.
It's not rocket science what our problem is and the better teams will counter it anyway.

I sincerely hope the coaches recognise the 6 agains as a priority and take part in fixing that as well, with immediate effect

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Let’s go already!
No not really Crush; i hope the the offseason is a looooooong one. Longer the better for us i reckon ! Need the time to get get those combination right with these young guys we have coming through. Also, hope next season is of a better quality all round, not just for Saints. Thought last year comp was pretty bloody average actually. The magic round on, this six again rule and blow out high scoring results, changed the dimension and fabric of the game. Saved some face in the semis, but some of the defense in some games on show in the NRL was below par.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
It's not rocket science what our problem is and the better teams will counter it anyway.

I sincerely hope the coaches recognise the 6 agains as a priority and take part in fixing that as well, with immediate effect
Yes, fatigue again. Loved to know what the 6 again count was over all sides.

Gareth67

First Grade
Let’s go already!

Oh am I what - they have women’s cricket on the telley down here in the Snowy mountains region on a Thursday night , women’s soccer 2 nights last week and the women’s cricket again on a Saturday night .

No more re-runs of Kojak nor my favorite On the Buses - crikey the suffering a man must go through during the months of the long hot summer ! 😳