What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harrigan is an embarassment to the game

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bill's mental state has frustration written all over it. A classic frustrated footballer.
Sometimes he thinks he is one of the players and deserves the spot light. The 'union threat' is the perfect example. Talking to union and using it as leverage is something players do, not the game's officials or administrators.

Come to think of it though, I'd swap Blacklock for the NRL judiciary, Bill Harrigan, half the NRL board and few select CEOs without hesitation.

Dog

Juniors
bronco & justme, nice work in trying to bait me all throughout the thread, but I'm not stupid. I'll let you two runa t each other and clash heads and completely get rid of the rest of whats left of your brain because you guys really aren't worth it.

As for "Harrigan Fan Club", I could change my name to that...

Seriously, the Eels asked for that. If you lay all over the tackled player and keep doing it, it's your own fault once you're in the bin. Bill did the right thing - he's a ref just doing his job. You all need to learn restraint. I'd like to see you guys handle a big game atmosphere like that.

Maybe the ones with egos are you blokes, threatening Bill with your pitchforks and dissing him from the safety of your internet alias.

Dog

El Duque

Bench
"Seriously, the Eels asked for that. If you lay all over the tackled player and keep doing it, it's your own fault once you're in the bin. Bill did the right thing - he's a ref just doing his job. You all need to learn restraint"

HFC,they were no different than Newcastle.Bill did the wrong thing hence his dropping

"I'd like to see you guys handle a big game atmosphere like that."

Why?

"Maybe the ones with egos are you blokes, threatening Bill with your pitchforks and dissing him from the safety of your internet alias"

Much like you're doing to othersright now.

The hypocrite has returned.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"You all need to learn restraint."
lol... if only I could be like Bill... now there's a guy who knows when to show restraint... 1-2-3-4... anymore sin bins and they would have had to call out for backup.

"...threatening Bill with your pitchforks and dissing him from the safety of your internet alias."
Thats a bit rich isnt it? I wrote a damning article about Bill under my own name and email address. What else do you want?It sounds to me like you think people are not entitled to express their opinion via this forum.

Dog, its not just the people in this thread who are the devils now. The NRL's David Gallop has releaseda statement that says Bill made two too many sin binnings.

If we take that as gospel, then Parra would have never been below 12 men.

Considering that Newcastle only broke through against 10 men means that Parra were denied a fair result. This being caused by the actions of Bill Harrigan.

Thats the interpretation from the NRLs CEO statement and the opinion of 90% of theRL community.

imported_justme

Juniors
emsad.gif

Dog

Juniors
Okay, let's get back away from the personal attacks, they'll only waste the thread (and don't call me a hypocrite - I let you guys have the last word)
Back to the matter at hand.

If we take that as gospel

Willow, when was the last time you seriously took anything the NRL Administration has had to say as gospel. I think Bill was just doing his job. I may be right, I may be wrong, but the point is you can't crucify him for making a mistake. It's human error, we all make mistakes. It happens to the best of us. The guy's been punished, that's that.

Dog

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dog, which part of my post didnt go over your head?
I said that Gallop has even said that Bill was in the wrong... that and 90% the entire friggin universe.
If a conservative CEO can say that, doesnt it tell you something?

If you want to defend him thats fine. I think he destroyed a game of footy and its the not the first time he's done that.

As for Bill only making a mistake ... count them again mate... 1-2-3-4. and then some. And this was only the most recent mistake riddled match from this highly overated ref.

Bill has made far too many mistakes.
He was lucky only to cop one week.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Jeremy Plimmer from Upper Hutt, Wellington. Can be contacted on salivor@hotmail.com. Not cowering under my Internet alias anymore.

What Bill did was no mistake. At all times he knew what he was doing during that match and tried to justify it afterwards. He doesn't consider it a mistake and neither do I, the NRL or most of the people here. It was incompetence as a referee. We are free to criticise. Bill is the one who pushes himself out into the spotlight and by doing so he sets himself up for criticism.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Damn right Bronco... it was no mistake... how I found myself calling it mistake was a error of judgment on my part. Bill acted deliberately to wreck that game and manufacture a result. I forgot that for a moment.

imported_justme

Juniors
Absolutely, he even acknowedged it was premeditated,he was so focused on it that it clouded his judgement andwas incapable of fair assessment.

The point that should not be lost here is as Willow pointed out. It's not just about that one game, the fool has a long history of going on witch hunts and premeditated persecution. That's the real issue.

Dog

Juniors
Bill is the one who pushes himself out into the spotlight and by doing so he sets himself up for criticism.

Correction, the media pushes him into the spotlight and grills the shite out of him.

Bill acted deliberately to wreck that game and manufacture a result.

You're an idiot if you believe that.

he was so focused on it that it clouded his judgement andwas incapable of fair assessment.

Speaking of oxymorons... justme, if he was really focused, he would've done his job properly, which I believe he did. And for the record, I wanted Parramatta to win - would've got the Doggies further away from the pack. Parramatta egged him on and deliberately layed all over them.

I guess though it all comes down to opinion in the end - I think he did his job, you guys don't. There's no point in fighting about it but I guess I'll keep going until people start getting my mum involved.

Dog

imported_bronco

Juniors
"Correction, the media pushes him into the spotlight and grills the shite out of him." - dog

Nobody forced Bill to appear on the TV and Radio shows he did in the wake of his performance, hes a media junkie and if you can't see that you really do deserve the Harrigan Fan Club title. He only declined the 2 Radio interviews today as it seems the NRL isn't happy with his media profile.

imported_justme

Juniors
Speaking of oxymorons... justme, if he was really focused, he would've done his job properly, which I believe he did.

What part of "he was so focused on it that it clouded his judgement andwas incapable of fair assessment." don't you understand? How is it an oxymoron?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dog:
"Bill acted deliberately to wreck that game and manufacture a result.

You're an idiot if you believe that.

So who's resorting to personal insults? Bill has major problems and the best you can do is to call me an idiot.

I stand by my statement that Bill wrecked that game.
I also state again that it was Bill's influence that manufactured the result.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
On the media thing...it wasALL Bill's doing... only a stupid f**ckin IDIOT would think otherwise. No one forces Bill to do interviews on TV and radio. No one forces him to do adverts for Telstra and Lowes.
Bill has an agent, a manager and a hair stylist... wake up to the reality.

Dog

Juniors
OK, the insult was uncalled for. But seriously, you guys are that disenchanted by the refereeing system these days? I suggest a little faith be put into the referees by you. They can't function properly without the support of the fans.

The way I see it, you can get more out of the referees by getting behind them than criticising them 24/7. All I'm saying is fair go, give 'em a chance.

Sorry to cut the night short but I have to run, I'll reply further tomorrow or Thursday.

Night all,
Dog

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fans have been bagging refs since Adam was boy. Its the natural order of things.
But Bill has crossed that line too many times now.

Latest posts