What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HARRIS NAMED TO RETURN IN PREMIER LEAGUE

Dogaholic

First Grade
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs centre Ben Harris has been named to play with the Dogs Premier League Team this Saturday against the Sharks at the Sydney Showground. Having undergone off-season surgery he has recovered extremely well over recent weeks and will be using the opportunity in Premier League to gain much needed match fitness and also hope to impress to put pressure on the new first grade centre pairing of Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Tonga.

The Bulldogs Premier League team were defeated 18-22 by the Parramatta Eels in round one action last Friday evening.

The full Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs Premier League team to play the Sharks this Saturday 20 March, 2004 at the Sydney Showground:

1 Trent Cutler
2 Nathan Barry
3 Dayne Neirinckx
4 Ben Harris
5 Lipina Kaufusi
6 Brett Oliver
7 Ben Green
8 Brad Morrin
9 Adam Perry
10 Adrian Rainey
11 Steven Hughes (C)
12 Adam Brideson
13 Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14 Cameron Phelps
15 Josh Cale
16 Jarrad Anderson
17 Jarrad Hickey

Coach: Kevin Moore

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/dogbites.asp?ID=1305&SN=8

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hopefully he goes great guns, I have him on the bench for heaps of VNRL teams and would like to see him get some game time, plus he's a great player. Sonny-Bill can move to the second row and run out wide, imagine the power game with harris and williams on the same side of the field.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Yeah i agree. Opposition team's won't be sure quite how to contain them. Not forgetting the other side of the field Jamaal and Utai!

Dogaholic

First Grade
Im currently undecided with those 2. They will probably push each other to excel, work harder and both will becaome better for it

:mrgreen:

ngunity

Juniors
I'm well keen to get Harris back into the 1st grade squad. I think he's our #1 centre and if he plays as he did with his intercept-king form like last season I am stoked to have him.

I'd like to see how Tonga plays with Utai on his wing... if Tonga's greediness means Utai doesn't get the ball then I propose we send Willie to the country of his Surname ;-) and put a centre that WILL feed UTai in his place. Maybe Lolesi is the man for the job.

It's funny right now we lost two international centre's last season and still have:

Sonny Bill
Benn Harris
Wille Tonga
J Lolesi

still to contest for the position. At least we know SBW can be used as a utility, and Lolesi is interechangeable with Centre and wing.....

Latest posts