What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has everyone at the warriors gone MAD????!!!???

JoeD

First Grade
The following from : http://www.radiosport.co.nz/newother.htm

All Black help for Jones?

The Warriors might bring in Blues and All Black first five Carlos Spencer to help lift Stacey Jones out of his form slump.

Jones has pulled himself out of the Kiwis squad for Friday night's ANZAC test, with his Warriors form still sliding away.

One of those set to help Jones could be Carlos Spencer, which is strange given the Blues precarious position in the Super 12.

Warriors CEO Mick Watson says they are working this week to help return Stacey Jones to good form.

Watson says he has spoken to Jones and Daniel Anderson about working this week with the club's own strength and conditioning coach.

He says they might also bring in Blues trainer Graham Lowe and also Carlos Spencer.

Watson says if Jones cannot get his confidence back then Daniel Anderson may be forced to make changes, which is the nature of sport.

It might be a bit hard for Carlos Spencer to work with Stacey Jones this week - Spencer is in Fiji until Tuesday night, working with his personal sponsor, then his partner is expecting their first child on Wednesday and he flies out to South Africa at the weekend.

Meanwhile, despite rumours, there are no issues between Daniel Anderson and Stacey Jones or any of the other Warriors players.

Mick Watson says he has heard all the conspiracy theories, but has seen no hard facts to back it up.

Jones' withdrawal from the Kiwis squad has the rumour mill working overtime.

Watson says the players are not performing on the field and it has got nothing to do with what the coaching staff are doing off the field.

He says he has spoken to the senior players and is adamant they do not have any problems with Anderson.

Stacey Jones has two and a half years left on his Warriors contract - although some rumours suggest he could be off.

WTF??? Since when would Carlos Spencer be the right person to talk to Stacy?

bayrep

Juniors
:lol: Maybe someone at the Warriors have forgotten to update the calender and its is still stuck on April 1st.

ozbash

Referee
who heard mick watson on radiosport ?
shocking and very bad signs for the innermost workings of the club.

reminded me of a john mitchell interview :roll:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Something is very very wrong behind the scenes at the club. I can't guess what, and if I could I probably wouldn't want to state it on a public forum. I'm hoping but dreading what the next few weeks could reveal.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't see it as a bad step at all, infact an innovative one and I'm all for it. Spencer is creative, but is playing behind a weak pack - when his pack gets near parity Spencer is incredible. We all know the moves he can pull, the same confident moves Stacey has pulled in the past. A bit of 1 on 1 tip sharing can't do either any harm. Do you think Scott Dixon would tell Michael Schumacher he doesn't want to cross train?!!!!!!!!

playdaball

Bench
ozbash said:
who heard mick watson on radiosport ?
shocking and very bad signs for the innermost workings of the club.

reminded me of a john mitchell interview :roll:

That was a shocker he came across as a goose.

JoeD

First Grade
I didn't hear it. Do you remember about what time it was on? I'll look it up on the net.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Calos owes Stace a few tips anyway, remember when he admitted that he pinched the banana kick from Stace and Joey?

playdaball

Bench
JoeD said:
I didn't hear it. Do you remember about what time it was on? I'll look it up on the net.

Monday morning interview with Martin Devlin. It must have been around 7.20am as the news was fast approaching and I was running late for work.

ripper

SpaceMonkey said:
Calos owes Stace a few tips anyway, remember when he admitted that he pinched the banana kick from Stace and Joey?

Who pinched it from David Beckham and Garry Ablett...

JoeD

First Grade
Thanks mate, I found it. When he kept referring to Stacy as 'the athelete' I knew it wasn't good.

JoeD

First Grade
For those who don't know, the radio sport website has everything broadcast in the last week available to download. Each 15 minute clip is a little over 1 Meg.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well I think it's definite that there is something seriously amiss at the club now with the news that Ali is leaving. The thing is though the rift seems to be between the players and coaching/management, so I don't see DA getting axed any time soon if he has Mick & Eric Watson on his side, and they can hardly sack all the players (unless we want another 5 years of being crap). I'd love to know exactly what's going on.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
If the players don't want to play for the team, f**k THEM!!!

Sack them all, get a team that wants to play, that wants to put the effort in. I'm not putting up with the bullshit the Warriors have been serving up lately and no one else should either.

If some serious shit is going on at the club, then it needs to be sorted swiftly.

Latest posts