What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Sheen's lost the team ?

Couldn't help but notice after last weeks loss to the Bulldogs the difference between the two sides.The Bulldogs believed in themselves and their coach's game plan, coming from behind to win,the WT on the other hand were polar opposites.
Have the players have lost faith in our coach?if so, his preferential treatment of players, shit game plans and refusal to accept any blame for WT losing may be the reason for the teams ordinary efforts of late, there appears only one solution,f##k him off ! he only has himself to blame.The Bulldogs did it to Moore and they seemed to of recovered well with Hassler.So what other possible head coaches are out there for us,Royce,Kevin Walters any others ?

jmmyo81

Juniors
I reckon the Tigers should be throwing everything they've got at Steve Folkes to get him back to the club but this time as head coach. I don't think it was a coincidence that our two most successful years since 2005 have been 2010 and 2011 when he was at the club. He wouldn't be scared to offend Benji and make the big calls as in dropping players that aren't performing etc. It won't ever happen but i think it would do wonders for this team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Disagree

I think it's the other way

The players get on too well with sheens an have no fear of him, which really is just as bad as him losing the team.

Fire

First Grade
This question seems to pop up every year with you guys. It's strange. I think you guys will hit form again (though I hope you don't as I think it will be you, us, and the Warriors battling it out for 8th apot).

Jimmy, leave Folkes alone please, he is our back-up plan if Price f**ks up next year lol.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Whats the point? THat stubborn *"£$%6 will never walk and the WT board have not got the balls to take him on.

I'd like to see Steve Folkes / Nathan Brown in the mix for future coach but who knows who is available. Hope not Gentle / Simmons if they are just Sheens men- but then again, if they have moved on and have good enough credentials on their own rights, thats OK. Who knows.

Last edited:

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Folkes would be an excellent long term option (3-5 years) and he is great and taking existing teams and pushing them.

He is a fitness freak which we saw with us, when he was here and defensively, well we need all the help we can get.....

I actually dont think its just that its Sheens - anyone who has coached a team this long would be seeing the same lack of motivation. I blame the club for keeping him on more than him. The club knows what its going to get with Sheens.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nathan Brown?
Id never thought id say it but there it is.
Brown has already signed a 2 year deal with St.Helens as of next year.

Folkes is the man, his record is brilliant.

It seems also, that Royce is almost a certainty to return either this year but definitely next year (Mentioned in RLW a few times now)

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I actually dont think its just that its Sheens - anyone who has coached a team this long would be seeing the same lack of motivation. I blame the club for keeping him on more than him. The club knows what its going to get with Sheens.

Fully agree. WT board had no reasson to extend Sheens contract last time. HIs sucess record was not good once past the 2005 premiership. His record since thne has been less than spectacular, but all he had to do was have Penrith go to the press with an offer and WT board fall over themselves in a rush to re-sign him. Gullible, spineless fools. (and we thought Humphreys would be a breath fresh!!! Ha!! More fool us.)

Matchball

Bench
I think benji is the wedge in the team.
He has a say in how the team is run and selection/recruitment includes his input.
I think the coach and board are in fear of benji being unhappy and its easy to spot when he is being a sook.
I forget which game it was this year but ill never forget when we were leading with 15 or so to go and was throwing those standing passes like he gave up.
Never seen a player do that, even in a losing side.
He kept the goalkicking duties despite sucking for all those years but thankfully he just become an ok goalkicker.
I like him as a player but I think the ego has been a problem for a long time. Too long and its not being coached out of him.

Tiger05

First Grade
Who are you kidding? There is a reason Folkes and Anderson are not top coaches at NRL level.

I agree however I'd have no problems with either of them getting the coaching role. I'd prefer someone like Gentle who came across to me a lot better but I'd prefer Folkes or Anderson over Stuart.

I can't stand the crap regarding Folkes being the reason we mane the finals the last couple of years though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one here said Anderson was a good coach.

Folkes clearly made a difference.

Front-Rower

First Grade
This is one of the best examples of illogical thinking that I have ever seen. It is simply factually inaccurate.

You can believe it if you want to but it is horse-shit.

Why is it illogical? The first time in a long while we have had an outside influence in the club's coaching ranks we made the top 4 two years in a row. Our endurance, defence and toughness was up there with the best in 2010 and 2011. This year we are back to our 06-09 form. Sheen's should of walked at the end of 07 and then pushed at the end of 08. All I can I say is of this year is if we fail to make the 8 or get bundled out in the first week the club has some huge decisions to make.

I don't buy the injuries excuse either because every week he picks first grade standard players. Our back row, even without Ellis, consists of three premiership winning players (okay Blair officially is not credited with it) and the front row is filled with an Australian rep and the best rookie forward going around. Yet we leak points up the guts like an under 10 side and the wingers are coached to rush up and in.

I didn't know when to join this thread, pick me!, pick Folkes! pick Brown, nominate Sticky or Payten but I must say, TIGER 05, in response to your
This is one of the best examples of illogical thinking that I have ever seen. It is simply factually inaccurate
I'm with the front rower. Please read his comments s l ow l y even, look at the stats. Look how we played over the past 2 years, look at the toughness and mongrel whilst Folkes was there.

If you are part of the setup at Concord, well there in lis one of the problems i.e. you come on a public forum with your blind support, that is dumb that you think you should do that.

If you are not part of the setup at Concord, you are as blind as.

Latest posts