What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the footy become boring?

Has Rugby League (NRL) become boring?

• Yes

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Maybe a little

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 45.3%

• Total voters

DC_fan

Coach
Point scoring is down and down a long way this season. Defense and negative plays rule this season.

We have had sixteen games where the winning team has failed to reach twenty points. In three games we have had a team fail to score any points. In eighteen games we have had a team fail to reach double figures.

Coaches have instructed their kickers to kick the ball dead to cut back the chances of a return. Wrestling has taken over the play the ball.

It's been building for a few years now but I think rugby league NRL style has become boring. Crowds are down a little this season compared to the same time last year. Their looked to be a disappointing crowd at Kograh tonight.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Both games tonight had tries that the video referee seemed desperate to find a reason not to give. It's becoming ridiculously hard to score a try, which is why scoring is down.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I brought this up a couple weeks ago. We need to lower the amount of interchanges. We need to bring in a rule change that says if you kick the ball dead into touch in the ingoal area from outside the 20m the next set should start from where you kicked it.

Simple.

redvscotty

First Grade
I would be lying to say I wasn't slightly bored in the second half tonight of the Dragons game, but at the end of day I'll still watch. I think it's still early in the season and teams will need another 5 rounds to really hit their straps.

Maybe more teams are realising the fancy play can wait until AFTER you're a shot at making the finals (LOL @ Tigers anyone??).

HowHigh

Coach
I wouldn't say boring but there has been a few low quality games this season, tonight included

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
remember a few years ago when everyone was pissing and whining there was too much attack and not enough defence?

I feel like on the whole, skill levels have decreased in the last few years.

The current crop of halfbacks are the worst in memory, I don't know what's going on in junior development for them.

It seems like U20s and lack of a proper reserve grade comp (main 2 reasons) have been detrimental to the quality of the comp as a whole.

DC_fan

Coach
remember a few years ago when everyone was pissing and whining there was too much attack and not enough defence?

Frazier, I would hate for the NRL to go the way of the Toyota Cup where defense does not exist.

somewhere along the way coaches seem to have forgotten that their team can win and play entertaining football at TE same time.

Raider_69

Post Whore
there was about 7 or 8 minutes of time wasted on tries in the raiders-broncos game which were clear from the first view

absolute garbage. That's not what RL is about.
Stop the nonsense. The Gillett try and Picker try were tries from minute one... and we wasted how much time watching this shit?

come on now

Loudstrat

Coach
Broncos 30 V Raiders 6

Boring......????????????

6-4 on my tv you spoiling f*ckwit!!!!!!!!!!

No. Footy has been tough, and still some classy attacking players have shone. 32-all aint necessarily great football.

I think 10 was more boring with Melbourne taken out of the equasion. This year I think has also thrown up some surprises, and I reckon it will be a very special season as it continues to unfold.

juanfarkall

Coach
can't ever recall being bored at a game that I attended.

Have been bored shitless on a regular basis by the tired bunch of spankers employed by Nein as commentators

They need to quicken up the play the ball. All this wrestling shit is ensuring that teams are attacking a well set defensive line the majority of the game. If they speed the ruck up it will open up the game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Frazier, I would hate for the NRL to go the way of the Toyota Cup where defense does not exist.

somewhere along the way coaches seem to have forgotten that their team can win and play entertaining football at TE same time.

not the toyota cup, the nrl in about 2004-2007ish.

it was a pretty common complaint on here, and in the media.