What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there ever been a better all round player than Walter Payton?

No idea. I was a toddler when he was in his prime. Maybe one person at best on this forum saw him play in his prime.

DC_fan

Coach
No idea. I was a toddler when he was in his prime. Maybe one person at best on this forum saw him play in his prime.

I remember the second half of his career. But that was at a time when their was limited coverage of the game here. Their is no doubt the guy could play, but is he the best all round player ever? Well for mine that is difficult to say.

Silly question this; as has bn said this sport is even more specialized than RU, across the board. Anyway, if i had to answer, IMO Michael Vick is the best athlete that's ever been born, if he coild have curbed his ego and played as a wide receiver/running back who occasionally threw the ball he would in the HoF in the next few yrs. Obviously Bo Jackson and Marshall Faulk would be in the discussion, and possibly Hines Ward jr; but if i had to vote for a guy i'd go for Antwaan Randle El.

Just to say IMO Emmitt Smith is the best RB ever, and the best QB, Brett Favre, the best wide receiver, Plaxico Burress.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Khalil Mack woukd have to be up there.

Easily at home at linebacker, and defensive end.

He even filled in at defensive tackle for the Raiders a few times.