What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has your care factor waned?

Tiger05

First Grade
ah, one of those classy blokes who can’t string an argument together without abuse😆😆😆

It's pretty clear isn't it. Stop bringing up BS about Wests vs Balmain. It's stupid and dumb and the argument was over years ago.

We don't focus on Rozelle or any such BS. Shove it up your backside. If anything the JV is more aligned with Wests than with Balmain now.

Do you have any facts to back up the nonsense that you posted ? Show me your facts. Since we both know that you lied and we know you won't come back with anything at all let's agree that you just posted BS.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
It's pretty clear isn't it. Stop bringing up BS about Wests vs Balmain. It's stupid and dumb and the argument was over years ago.

We don't focus on Rozelle or any such BS. Shove it up your backside. If anything the JV is more aligned with Wests than with Balmain now.

Do you have any facts to back up the nonsense that you posted ? Show me your facts. Since we both know that you lied and we know you won't come back with anything at all let's agree that you just posted BS.

oh dear. You need to get a grip on the fact others have opposing views to you. “Lied”......ffs put on your big boy pants and put your toys back in the cot

the fact that only 2 games have been played @ Campbelltown is ample evidence that the fan base is of no consequence to the club.

its a slap in the face

if you don’t engage the fan base it WILL wither and dry up. It WILL hinder junior development and it WILL certainly effect marketing and sponsorship options as well

Tiger05

First Grade
oh dear. You need to get a grip on the fact others have opposing views to you. “Lied”......ffs put on your big boy pants and put your toys back in the cot

the fact that only 2 games have been played @ Campbelltown is ample evidence that the fan base is of no consequence to the club.

its a slap in the face

if you don’t engage the fan base it WILL wither and dry up. It WILL hinder junior development and it WILL certainly effect marketing and sponsorship options as well

Let's just be 100% clear with this. You are a liar. You are stating that because Campbelltown gets 2 games Rozelle is getting priority treatment. That is complete and utter horseshit.

There are the same amount of games at Leichardt Oval.

Stop lying.

Plus this crap is over. Drop it. Grow up.

It's not an opposing view. An opposing view is stating that Rozelle should be favored. I'm stating that you are a complete and utter idiot arguing about something that has been over for years.

Or you can continue to live in some past that doesn't exist anymore and continue lying about how poorly treated you are.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So how would you fix us we then if we don't invest in juniors in the South West ? Serious question.

Im all for investing in juniors. My biggest gripe is people (and a lot of the time its Panthers fans) saying that we simply need to focus on the South West Jnrs and within a few years we'll have some sort of dynasty. There's a perception that there is this massive Jnr base out there that we're ignoring. Do you know how many Jnr clubs there are in that district? 12. Do you know how many are in the Penrith district? 29.

In the Panthers Under 13s they have so many teams that they've had to create 5 divisions. When Wests get to U13s they have to join with Canbterbury just to have enough teams to even play a comp.

Full credit to what the Panthers have done, however to say that every club just needs to copy their blueprint for success isn't realistic.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I posted this in another thread however it does seem like we are getting the 16-19s in shape through smart recruitment. Our Flegg is undefeated and most of the guys have come from elsewhere:

Last round WESTS TIGERS JERSEY FLEGG

1. Logen Dillon (Canterbury)
  2. Liam Scolari (originally from Dubbo and union)
  3. Timanu Alexander (Newcastle)
  4. Iverson Fuatimau (Canterbury)
  5. William Kei (parramatta)
  6. Ben Stevanovic (Balmain)
  7. Kade Hill (QLD)
  8. Mavoni Tuifua (Balmain)
  9. Rua Ngatikaura (Wests)
  10. Etuale Lui (parramatta)
  11. Brandon Webster-Mansfield (Wests)
  12. Eli Morgan (QLD)
  13. Aden Perry (Canterbury)
Interchange:
14. Tyler Field (parramatta)
15. Brandon Tumeth (Balmain)
16. Elifasa Leilua (Wests)
17. Logan Muir (easts)

Then 2 regulars who were out Fonua Poole (Melbourne) and Israel Ogden (NZ)

Wests Magpies made the Prelim in Harold Matthews and were one of only 2 teams to beat the all dominating Premiers Manly during the year. Solomone Saukuru who we nabbed from the Dogs was close to the best player across the whole competition.

This is how Easts have built their success. They only have 3 Jnr teams however focus on getting the best 16-19 year olds. Sure they've bought your Teddy, Cronk, Crichton etc. However most of their team over the past decade came to the club at those ages eg Manu, Walker, Latrell, Pearce, SKD, RTS, JWH etc. We now have the guy who built this for them (Adam Hartigan) doing the same for us.

I posted this in another thread however it does seem like we are getting the 16-19s in shape through smart recruitment. Our Flegg is undefeated and most of the guys have come from elsewhere:

7. Kade Hill (QLD)
  12. Eli Morgan (QLD)
Interchange:
17. Logan Muir (easts)

Wests Magpies made the Prelim in Harold Matthews and were one of only 2 teams to beat the all dominating Premiers Manly during the year. Solomone Saukuru who we nabbed from the Dogs was close to the best player across the whole competition.

This is how Easts have built their success. They only have 3 Jnr teams however focus on getting the best 16-19 year olds. Sure they've bought your Teddy, Cronk, Crichton etc. However most of their team over the past decade came to the club at those ages eg Manu, Walker, Latrell, Pearce, SKD, RTS, JWH etc. We now have the guy who built this for them (Adam Hartigan) doing the same for us.
Great post Vic and then the kids are being turbo charged with Noddy and Sheens has always dabbled in the dark arts of junior product.

Some of our best players in the squad are still learning how to use a razor.

Everybody wants instant success, reflects the modern day consciousness.

All the whinging and whining and speculation on the forum, by crikey it’s fun, but maybe 95% of is not evidenced based and more about personal expression. That’s ok.

It took some time to write your post, it’s informative and makes us better Tigers fans- well done.

Shock horror, a constructive and positive post on lu!

These kids have great opportunities with us compared to other clubs.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Great post Vic and then the kids are being turbo charged with Noddy and Sheens has always dabbled in the dark arts of junior product.

Some of our best players in the squad are still learning how to use a razor.

Everybody wants instant success, reflects the modern day consciousness.

All the whinging and whining and speculation on the forum, by crikey it’s fun, but maybe 95% of is not evidenced based and more about personal expression. That’s ok.

It took some time to write your post, it’s informative and makes us better Tigers fans- well done.

Shock horror, a constructive and positive post on lu!

These kids have great opportunities with us compared to other clubs.
The thing is though, that we have to identify the talent quickly and tie them up with extended contracts to get best use of their continued development, skill growth and talent for WT.

All the young kids are desperate to break into the big time, it’s a big deal to them.

If the first grade side is slumming it in the table, coaches are more likely to review the stocks.

And it’s well known that regular first graders are apt to keep an eye on those below who is threat. They often watch junior matches.

Players are very competitive and sensitive to their personal career options. It’s a brutal sport.

I think it’s well known that Laurie and Stefano joined us for a regular first grade spot. They preferred that to benching or less, even with clubs with much more finals glamour.

There’s a few loyal souls who are happy underneath, but they are very few and far between.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Let's just be 100% clear with this. You are a liar. You are stating that because Campbelltown gets 2 games Rozelle is getting priority treatment. That is complete and utter horseshit.

There are the same amount of games at Leichardt Oval.

Stop lying.

Plus this crap is over. Drop it. Grow up.

It's not an opposing view. An opposing view is stating that Rozelle should be favored. I'm stating that you are a complete and utter idiot arguing about something that has been over for years.

Or you can continue to live in some past that doesn't exist anymore and continue lying about how poorly treated you are.

That’s the level of your debate. As I said. Put on your big boy pants

liar😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Zoe Palmer

Juniors

7. Kade Hill (QLD)
  12. Eli Morgan (QLD)
Interchange:
17. Logan Muir (easts)

Correct in what you’re saying but I’ve always felt that the Roosters going out and “poaching “ juniors was not good for the game overall

likewise, from the team above I think it’s a poor reflection that 10 of the 17 are from other clubs juniors

gordsy

Juniors
Im all for investing in juniors. My biggest gripe is people (and a lot of the time its Panthers fans) saying that we simply need to focus on the South West Jnrs and within a few years we'll have some sort of dynasty. There's a perception that there is this massive Jnr base out there that we're ignoring. Do you know how many Jnr clubs there are in that district? 12. Do you know how many are in the Penrith district? 29.

In the Panthers Under 13s they have so many teams that they've had to create 5 divisions. When Wests get to U13s they have to join with Canbterbury just to have enough teams to even play a comp.

Full credit to what the Panthers have done, however to say that every club just needs to copy their blueprint for success isn't realistic.
Yep makes sense. When I saw Gould talking about it I think he meant and I agree if we go in and tie up that area now and grow that region, when if it does take off we will be the dominant party in that region, much like Penrith owns theirs.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Correct in what you’re saying but I’ve always felt that the Roosters going out and “poaching “ juniors was not good for the game overall

likewise, from the team above I think it’s a poor reflection that 10 of the 17 are from other clubs juniors

But what do you do? Just pick the best 17 guys from your Jnr base regardless of how good/bad they are? We would never have got Benji if we thought like that.

Tiger05

First Grade
But what do you do? Just pick the best 17 guys from your Jnr base regardless of how good/bad they are? We would never have got Benji if we thought like that.

She must be trolling. Seriously some of the most stupid comments I've seen. No professional team in professional sport operates like that.

It's pretty funny actually. I mean she is stuck in the past and it's a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors

Theres a balance to be achieved and its a long process but there won’t be success if the club doesn’t get stuck into the area and treat it as it’s future.

Develope it and reap the rewards. A start to that is to actually play there and respect the region, the fans a the junior players

Care factor waned? Even I’m getting bored of the skirmishes here.

Officer @macnaz doesnt often load up with real ammunition when he hits the Tigers forum beat.
But he has recently.

“ Good morning Sir, no I haven’t seen any trolls this way but there’s rumours of some a couple of threads down.”

And then one hopes he grunts, has a wayward look in his eye and you pray enforcement doesn’t pull you in for questioning.

“ You can go TSP but I have my eye on you punk, do not feed the trolls, don’t incite any shit or you’ll meet Mr happy here ( patting his large metal spiked truncheon).”

At least we got a warning, doesn’t happen elsewhere.

Fordy20

Juniors
Had some free time to kill on Saturday night. Tuned into the match and saw we were competing, but five minutes later we are absolutely crumbling. No improvement after my lift arrived and when I checked the score later it was about what I was expecting.

The good thing about how shit we are going and what the game is turning into is that's motivating me to do more interesting things with my life than watching footy.

WA Tiger

Bench
My spare time has shrunk due to extra hours at work…Ive had to consider more about what do I need to do that’s productive (including sleep) Obviously the lack of wins has dulled my interest but as much if not more I think, when I turn on the TV it’s constant whinging with the new rules etc etc …It hit me at one point that Id had enough of that whinging on TV. And with the tigers miserable season I am now thinking about the sheer time required in a week to commit to this game and the forum …Ive just found myself quite easily especially with my lack of time giving the whole thing a miss …It was hard leaving the forum, it was as strong an addiction as the game..but not watching means I prob don’t know enough to do it justice and with the sheer lack of spare time and need for sleep (doing 12 hour day and night shifts) the usual pull isn’t there for either although there are still twitches now and again..

My spare time has shrunk due to extra hours at work…Ive had to consider more about what do I need to do that’s productive (including sleep) Obviously the lack of wins has dulled my interest but as much if not more I think, when I turn on the TV it’s constant whinging with the new rules etc etc …It hit me at one point that Id had enough of that whinging on TV. And with the tigers miserable season I am now thinking about the sheer time required in a week to commit to this game and the forum …Ive just found myself quite easily especially with my lack of time giving the whole thing a miss …It was hard leaving the forum, it was as strong an addiction as the game..but not watching means I prob don’t know enough to do it justice and with the sheer lack of spare time and need for sleep (doing 12 hour day and night shifts) the usual pull isn’t there for either although there are still twitches now and again..
A couple of us were a bit worried about you.

I can see above that you don’t need any welfare check.

We are all waiting for a couple of wins, intense false hope, the big last match we have to win to make eight or ninth and then to be summarily obliterated by a cricket score.

And a few of us think, the dark journey is better travelled together. So hang around.

WA Tiger

Bench
A couple of us were a bit worried about you.

I can see above that you don’t need any welfare check.

We are all waiting for a couple of wins, intense false hope, the big last match we have to win to make eight or ninth and then to be summarily obliterated by a cricket score.

And a few of us think, the dark journey is better travelled together. So hang around.
Cheers mate and to those “couple” ..I know pretty much who u are ..there’s not many but that’s enough for me…I enjoyed spaaing with a few also and being seriously entertained by many knowledgeable and real characters in diffeeent ways….I remember fkn stopping my car in the middle of the road to finish posts and writing in the morning before work for like 30 minutes when I just knew I didn’t have the time but I couldn’t stop ..It was a blast , seriously ..I really enjoyed it.. but shit it takes it out of you ..I tried many times unsuccessfully to stop …good company when I needed it but, and hence the pull..never say never

Last edited: