What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hasler and bellamy

aelek

Juniors
Can you imagine if Hasler had the players with the ability of the slater, inglis, falou.
It was beautiful to see manly play some free flowing football and score some great tries throughout the finals. I am personally a roosters supporter and would love to see freddy coach the team this way.

I believe bellamy does not change his coaching to suit the players but rather stifles his players to suit his boring game plans. This is what w bennet does best and these 3 players especially would relish under a free flowing game plan.

Sure we have seen melbourne play like this sometimes but i believe it is not part of their overall gameplan, which mainly has to do with winning the ruck and slowing things down.

The only thing that bellamy he had going for him was that he coached his players to contol the ruck through wrestling and grappling and now that these days are gone( it was noticeable to see that there downfall throughout the finals coincided with the officials getting tough in this area), it will be interesting to see how he coaches next year.

What do you guys think?

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBf Melbourne used to be one of the best attacking sides in the NRL. They scored more long range tries than anyone. Not sure why the change this year?

innsaneink

Referee
Can you imagine if Hasler had the players with the ability of the slater, inglis, falou.
It was beautiful to see manly play some free flowing football and score some great tries throughout the finals. I am personally a roosters supporter and would love to see freddy coach the team this way.

I believe bellamy does not change his coaching to suit the players but rather stifles his players to suit his boring game plans. This is what w bennet does best and these 3 players especially would relish under a free flowing game plan.

Sure we have seen melbourne play like this sometimes but i believe it is not part of their overall gameplan, which mainly has to do with winning the ruck and slowing things down.

The only thing that bellamy he had going for him was that he coached his players to contol the ruck through wrestling and grappling and now that these days are gone( it was noticeable to see that there downfall throughout the finals coincided with the officials getting tough in this area), it will be interesting to see how he coaches next year.

What do you guys think?

I think youre spot on.
Ive also been impressed with manlys defence which wins the ruck by just dominating, they thrive and encourage each other and get off on it, and its legal. The attack when they get the ball is just a natural flow on effect with the opposition on the back foot - Manly have done their work in defence
As much as i dislike em theyve been the best team this year and deserve to be premiers

Hanscholo

Bench
Yea but 3 weeks ago people would still have been calling Manly boring. They put the razzle dazzle on once the game got out to an 18 point lead but please, they have hardly set the world on fire in the way they have approached games. They are a very dsiciplined side and know how to run over the top of teams when they are on top, I wouldnt say they get on top by throwing the ball around though.

Des's side wanted to win more, had more fuel in the tank and wanted revenge. The two teams are very similar in almost every aspect.

To me Hassler's sides remind me very much of the manly sides he played in under Fulton. Tough forwards, amazing defence and superb 3/4 lines. Manly have this never ending knack of producing wingers.

Last edited:

Latest posts