What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hatricks in the Royal Blue

2 True Blues

Coach
Was thinking how good it would have been to have watched Amos ROBERTS scoring a rare hatrick of trys in that Royal Blue jersey that we all love so much. Then I thought how many players have ACTUALLY achieved this feit since 1908 ?.

Remember being at that Cougars/Penrith game when MERRITT got the club record and we slaughtered them by about 60 points. Was a great game to watch as a Jets supporter.

But started wondering how many other players have acheived this in a game for the Jets over our lenghty history. Can anyone enlighten me further ???.

PS...... One record that I would like to believe will never be broken, is the one achieved by ROBERTS last weekend in New Zealand. Three trys for the Mighty Bluebags club, whilst wearing the jersey of another team. ;-)

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
PS...... One record that I would like to believe will never be broken, is the one achieved by ROBERTS last weekend in New Zealand. Three trys for the Mighty Bluebags club, whilst wearing the jersey of another team. ;-)

I'm still in a state of shock over that :( :( :(

Same - I was so excited seeing there was an article in the Herals this morning abotu the game, only to see that it was more about the Jets wearing the Roosters jersey.

what makes it worse is that my girlfriends Nan has taped the game from Sky NZ telly and is shipping over and I'm not that excited about watching the game now that the Royal Blue jersey won't be running around. It's just not the same....

brendothejet

First Grade
If we are playing in the roosters jersey then that is a f**king disgrace.

How far are we willing to whore ourselves out to be competitive.

unless the reason is someone forgot to bring the jerseys then you can pretty much consider newtown raped by the roosters.

2 True Blues

Coach
Nah mate the reason is cause peoples are sucking the butt of ther NEW team as it's gonna apparently stop players from goin away overseas etc, ( Zillions etc ) , Bowing to the bucks again !!!

Either way I am still glad we are the feeder side for one of the ORIGINAL 1908 sides and a club with a history on par with our beloved Jets, as such.

BIG things this season.

Jets for the grandfinal in 2007 !!!

Manfred Moore

Juniors
i had no idea that they were wearing roosters jerseys.

i dont care if its cos the other team had blue on as well...f**k me how long have the lions been playing for against how long our strip has been around for???? and yet we give ours up!!!!!! surely there were enough warriors jerseys floating around if that was the problem.

As has been so eloquently quoted above this is a f**king disgrace...

is this lions team visiting henson???? just let them try pulling that stunt at henson and we'll see what happens...

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
look, i am sick to death of all this Bu** SH*T, the jets played in the roosters jersey, the roosters supply all but 1 maybe 2 players to the jets, if the shoe was on the other foot and Auckland arrived in Sydney, there supporters would kick up a stink if they had to wear another club's jersey, at least we got to wear the jersey of the club that we are the feeder club for and not just any old jumper.
do yourself a favor and call the NSWRL to get the clarification you so deeply desire direct from them.
I too am gutted at what happened over the weekend and after calling the NSWRL today blame the Jets more so than the NSWRL
anyway the Jets are the first team in the VB Premier league to go to NZ and record a win. and maybe, just maybe the players hold the RED WHITE and BLUE jersey in greater esteem than the ROYAL BLUE!!
go figure.

Jeffles

Bench
brendothejet said:
If we are playing in the roosters jersey then that is a f**king disgrace.

How far are we willing to whore ourselves out to be competitive.

unless the reason is someone forgot to bring the jerseys then you can pretty much consider newtown raped by the roosters.

See the other thread brendo for the reasons why this happened, then call Phillip St and direct your complaints there. Just remember to take your answer from Phillip St with a grain of salt, the way some people haven't.

As for hat-tricks, didn't Ricky Lyons score one the day we put 80-odd points on Woy Woy? I know he kicked 12 goals that day which is an all time club record.

2 True Blues

Coach
Would be interested to findout how many players have actually acheived a hatrick in a game for the Jets Jeffles. Especially in the " First grade " so to speak since 1908.

Would be a pretty interesting list I reckon. Can anyone add to it. ?

Jeffles

Bench
Jack Troy scored 6 tries in a match in 1950 v Eastern Suburbs at the Sydney Sports Ground.

Ray Preston may have scored a hat trick in 1954. He scored 34 tries that season and Newtown only played 21 matches. A hat trick may have popped up a few times in that year.

greg

Juniors
What about that fantastic day at Henson in 1982 when we put the Steelers to the cleaners 51-0. I was there that day but cannot remember if anyone got 3 tries up. Can anyone help with that one?

brendothejet

First Grade
Just for the record:

I scored a double against Alexandria 3 years ago.

Notable A Grade hatricks:

Gilbert Modrau
Max Banivalua
Sullivan Koroi
Anthony Johnson

2 True Blues

Coach
Good question Greg. Cannot recall myself. Back in the golden age there more than likely were a few, though it certainly would not be a regular thing. Iv'e seen but a handful in the many years that I have been following. 51 nil sure was a hammering though, LOL...

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
brendothejet said:
Just for the record:

I scored a double against Alexandria 3 years ago.

Notable A Grade hatricks:

Gilbert Modrau
Max Banivalua
Sullivan Koroi
Anthony Johnson

BTJ, you cant count that!
1/2 time games against ball boys don't count:lol:

brendothejet

First Grade
TCJ

Come back and talk to me when you've played front row against a brutalising Moore Park pack. Come talk to me when you've put you're head into the middle of a La Perouse scrum. Come talk to me when you've had to mark up on the speed of the maroubra lions backline. Come talk to me when you've graced Henson park in the Royal blue of the Newtown Jets.

I talk because I've done all these. and more. I talk because week in week out I'm on the paddock, making the tackles, pulling on a jersey 2 sizes to big for me and having to fill it out with my heart and pride.

You talk because you have a mental deficiancy.
Until you step on the paddock you've got narthing.

So come on, lets here some more of your would be tid bits of information.

you're as enteraining as a thimble full of canary spoof.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
brendothejet said:
TCJ

Come back and talk to me when you've played front row against a brutalising Moore Park pack. Come talk to me when you've put you're head into the middle of a La Perouse scrum. Come talk to me when you've had to mark up on the speed of the maroubra lions backline. Come talk to me when you've graced Henson park in the Royal blue of the Newtown Jets.

I talk because I've done all these. and more. I talk because week in week out I'm on the paddock, making the tackles, pulling on a jersey 2 sizes to big for me and having to fill it out with my heart and pride.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
welcome back BTJ, your absence has been noted.

great to see you rate yourself so highly, I cant come and see you in relation to playing local A grade competition, however, had you played 1st grade at the age of 18 i would take note of your historic on a rugby league field, then we could compare notes, mine would simply be I was belted from goal post to goal post. that would be the only similarity's we would share,

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
brendothejet said:
TCJ

Latest posts