What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have movies gone up at greater union?

Just had a geeze for some tickets online and there now $20 each.

I was there recently and they were like $16 for a regular session, I checked and its not just 3d movies.

Deadset they wonder why people pirate them instead these days.

They've gone up at Event as well. I used to pay $14 with a student discount, from around the middle of this year onwards I now pay $15.50.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just had a geeze for some tickets online and there now $20 each.

I was there recently and they were like $16 for a regular session, I checked and its not just 3d movies.

Deadset they wonder why people pirate them instead these days.

It's a vicious cycle. The prices of tickets get put up because they lose so much money due to pirates and then the pirates use the increased ticket pricing as justification for pirating.

I'd like to think that the introduction of more digital cinemas will cause ticket prices to reduce, as it costs between 2-3k to produce a single roll of a movie on film. Chances are it won't change a thing though and cinemas will use it as an excuse to cash in.

skeepe

Immortal
Crikey f**k, Greater Union are still in business?

Limelight Cinemas in Canberra are my current favourite, due in no small part to their standard adult ticket price being $9.90 ($6.50 on Tuesdays). Don't think they're anywhere else in the country though.

Last edited:
f**k going to the movies anymore and pirate bay ur my new best friends, was bad enough @ $16 a ticket, but now its over $50 including 2 cokes and a large popcorn its a joke.

I'll spend that on a case and a couple of pizza's instead.

Cupid Stunt

It's a vicious cycle. The prices of tickets get put up because they lose so much money due to pirates and then the pirates use the increased ticket pricing as justification for pirating.

Proof?

Given, that is the standard line that is spewed forth by mass media & idiots like RIAA & the MPAA etc but I'm yet to see it backed up anywhere by a reasonable & accurate study. That form of thinking insinuates that anyone who downloads a movie/album was always going to buy it in the first place. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that is NOT the case.

f**k going to the movies anymore and pirate bay ur my new best friends, was bad enough @ $16 a ticket, but now its over $50 including 2 cokes and a large popcorn its a joke.

I'll spend that on a case and a couple of pizza's instead.

Lol you are really dumb enough to buy coke at the cinema when you can just go to Woolies or Coles and buy snacks and drinks there for 3/4 of the price?

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Yeah the other day I went to buy some tickets online, worked out at $20 for the ticket, $3 surcharge and $1 for 3D glasses. Get f**ked.