What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
Dogs Of War said:
He is not as good as Asotasi. So to get only $25K less than him is overpaid. How much did they pay Myles? Lot of money in those 2 players.

Asotasi is on alot more than $400K at souths....

The Business

Juniors
Different kind of Rabbit said:
$375k two years ago would have been close to the mark but now???? He is carrying too many injuries IMO.

$300k for Myles hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(takes a breath)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Coming from the club that paid $340K a season for Gulavao.

I think he will be great for the Roosters. He's been battling niggling injuries all season and a fresh start at a new club, under Freddy will do him the world of good.

I'm sure his current team mates are disappointed to see him go.

Danish

Referee
sretsoor said:
It's a load of tripe.

When you consider the Roosters are committing to building their leagues club next to the SFS, then that suggests they are planning on staying 'long term'.

Sorry to dispel your rumours.

You've got yourself a bit confused there....

They are moving the football club operations to the SFS. As in, the club's HQ and the coaching staff will be moved into the one premises at moore park (as opposed to being run out of erskinville and the leagues club). All training will take place at the SFS as well.

They have signed a lease there until 2010, with a similiar arangement signed to play their home games there for that period.

the SCG Trust are building new gym, office and training facilities for the move.

Somehow I doubt Easts are going anywhere....

miccle

Bench
IMO you can't *really* say whether or not a club has paid overs until the results are on the table.

What you can do before that is simply assess whether or not that sort of coin is warranted.

Outside of recent injuries, anyone who said O'Meley isn't a class prop and among the best forwards in the competition is deadset kidding themselves. For that reason alone, I don't think they have overpaid at all - he has the potential to really help drive the club forward.

Of course, s*** could happen and he could be plagued by poor form and/or injuries, but on face value I think the purchase will be great and he'll help the club get back on its feet.

Tom Ace

Bench
Ridders said:
i thought i read somewhere that asotasi was on $500 000?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i read it was around $475 000, then there were a few third party style things thrown it to get it up near $500 000

melon....

Coach
LOL!!!

ANOTHER Red and Green MORON that thinks he knows the dollars OMeley is on.

You are a dunce Panties. And nice of you to not show your toofless face on the chooks site.

LOL@SOUFFS and their IDIOT fans.

badav

Bench
Max Power said:
Exactly...those who whinge about Roosters juniors like it's insulting us, clearly have no idea.

Saying that the roosters have four junior clubs is not an insult. Its a fact.

No club has %100 junior representation. But some clubs have more than others. If they could move to an area where they can atleast have a much bigger crop of juniors than they already do why wouldnt they consider it? i think anyone could agree that building a roster almost totally based on recruiting outside players could be a risky way to go.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Danish said:
You've got yourself a bit confused there....

They are moving the football club operations to the SFS. As in, the club's HQ and the coaching staff will be moved into the one premises at moore park (as opposed to being run out of erskinville and the leagues club). All training will take place at the SFS as well.

They have signed a lease there until 2010, with a similiar arangement signed to play their home games there for that period.

the SCG Trust are building new gym, office and training facilities for the move.

Somehow I doubt Easts are going anywhere....

Why does all that mess mean Sydney aren't going anywhere? It doesn't mean a thing and we both know it.

Danish

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Why does all that mess mean Sydney aren't going anywhere? It doesn't mean a thing and we both know it.

I'd say the fact they are legally obliged to play their home games out of the SFS for the next 12 years DOES in fact mean they aren't going anywhere, wouldn't you say??

Or would the SFS just let go of their only winter sport (bar 4 Super 14 games) revenue??

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Danish said:
I'd say the fact they are legally obliged to play their home games out of the SFS for the next 12 years DOES in fact mean they aren't going anywhere, wouldn't you say??

Or would the SFS just let go of their only winter sport (bar 4 Super 14 games) revenue??

Yeah, you are probably right. Contracts nowadays are just impossible to break or circumvent.

Souths will be back at the SFS just in time for Sydney to become Gosford. Problem solved.

ozzie

Bench
back? The last time you were there we had to scrub the seats down every game - bluddy dirty SOUTHS supporters. You really know nothing. When you put that much into the ground that has been your's for years it means they are planning on staying - not like the "wherever a ground is free" SOUTHS

Junior Bunny

Juniors
ozzie said:
back? The last time you were there we had to scrub the seats down every game - bluddy dirty SOUTHS supporters. You really know nothing. When you put that much into the ground that has been your's for years it means they are planning on staying - not like the "wherever a ground is free" SOUTHS

Its much the same with the Roosters except they only have to scrub down around 4000 seats.

NGR

Juniors
ozzie said:
hahahah your so funny.... did you get a 8 year old to come up with that...

pathetic