What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters

lockyrulz

Juniors
ozzie said:
We aren't the only club that has moved games to the CC. So if we are to trust you on this tell me where do you get your information? Off the Souths forum "The pride"? You really have no idea do you cobber

If you say so. I don't expect anyone to believe me and fair enough too as I have not named a source, I am not silly enough to name sources, because it would be to my detriment. Besides anything can happen in football.

But at this stage it is a definite unless something drastic happens. When is still up in the air and depends largely on respective crowd figures and TV ratings more than anything else, and softening a few people up to the move within the club..

The Roosters are run by businessmen, good ones at that.

Relocating to the CC makes good buisness sense.

They wont be the CC bears if that helps you, they will retain the Roosters logo, at least thats the plan.

And the club will benefit from the move, not suffer from it, so relax cobber.

Tom Ace

Bench
lockyrulz said:
If you say so. I don't expect anyone to believe me and fair enough too as I have not named a source, I am not silly enough to name sources, because it would be to my detriment. Besides anything can happen in football.

But at this stage it is a definite unless something drastic happens. When is still up in the air and depends largely on respective crowd figures and TV ratings more than anything else, and softening a few people up to the move within the club..

They wont be the CC bears if that helps you, they will retain the Roosters logo, at least thats the plan.

:lol:

NGR

Juniors
ozzie said:
In your dreams - they don't neeed a fourth club to buy and where would the supporters money go if not to the Roosters Club? Probably to the Kingswood or Berkley Club.

Why should they leave their spiritual ground - the SFS? After all its a far better venue than err Erksenville, Telstra, the hole in the ground that Souths call home. So let's pretend that your leagues club is doing well (which it isn't) you only have one - so better that you guys move...

Now Junior just be a good boy - suck you thumb and mum will change your diaper and put you to bed.
doesnt matter how many leagues clubs you lot have, we have russel crowe... :lol:

enjoy the new pokie taxes

ozzie

Bench
lockyrulz said:

Then I take your post as stupid..sorry but I could make up any good old beat up story about the Gold Coast going broke because a reliable source told me so - how pathetic. Now how would it be detriment to you - your not saying who told you is making your story worse and worse by the minute...

nqboy

First Grade
neeknitsuj said:
O'Meley, J. Aubusson, Paea, Tupou, Fitzgibbon and Harrison will be a great front-row.
Only if they all play at the same time so it's six on three.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ozzie said:
Then I take your post as stupid..sorry but I could make up any good old beat up story about the Gold Coast going broke because a reliable source told me so - how pathetic. Now how would it be detriment to you - your not saying who told you is making your story worse and worse by the minute...

As I said fair enough, you are right. But that is nonetheless the information I have been told.

I guess as someone from Brisbane I'm a tad insenstitve about it. I dont really view the move as a negative as you guys do.

The move was never on the cards before because souths stank, and everyone assumed they would be the ones to move. It really made more sense for the bunnies to go, but they arent going, so the Roosters figure why fight for a potentially shrinking market.

If souths go to peices again it may still be off, or at least significantly delayed, but from what I have heard, I doubt it.

But as I said, they will remain the 'Roosters', (colours will stay basically the same as well) and the plan is to still play a number of their home games in Sydney. They are keen to retain the maximum amount of their old fans as possible, whilst aquiring a whole bunch of new ones.

It will be a positive step for the club.

ozzie

Bench
lockyrulz said:
As I said fair enough, you are right. But that is nonetheless the information I have been told.

I guess as someone from Brisbane I'm a tad insenstitve about it. I dont really view the move as a negative as you guys do.

The move was never on the cards before because souths stank, and everyone assumed they would be the ones to move. It really made more sense for the bunnies to go, but they arent going, so the Roosters figure why fight for a potentially shrinking market.

If souths go to peices again it may still be off, or at least significantly delayed, but from what I have heard, I doubt it.

But as I said, they will remain the 'Roosters', (colours will stay basically the same as well) and the plan is to still play a number of their home games in Sydney. They are keen to retain the maximum amount of their old fans as possible, whilst aquiring a whole bunch of new ones.

It will be a positive step for the club.
shrinking market - what shrinking market - sales of jumpers at this stage is heavier than it was last September as well as other goods. We still have the SFS, 3 clubs in the Sydney area and Wollongong, SOUTHs must have been really giving you heaps on this one. Might have something to do with the good oil I got that they are moving to ORANA Valley because they are Crow's play toy.

badav

Bench
ozzie said:
shrinking market - what shrinking market - sales of jumpers at this stage is heavier than it was last September as well as other goods. We still have the SFS, 3 clubs in the Sydney area and Wollongong, SOUTHs must have been really giving you heaps on this one. Might have something to do with the good oil I got that they are moving to ORANA Valley because they are Crow's play toy.

I dont know about yourself but when youve only got 4 junior clubs in the eastern suburbs as your total junior base long term viability has seriously got to be questioned.

I always thought the bears had power to veto any CC club coming in before their own though.

ozzie

Bench
but what the hell has juniors to do with anything now - name a club whos players are all their juniors? Also did you realise that the 4 junior clubs have had an increase in numbers - already one of those clubs is the 2nd biggest in the Souths comp. I don't know about Norths but Mr Singelton would have a fair bit to say

badav said:
I dont know about yourself but when youve only got 4 junior clubs in the eastern suburbs as your total junior base long term viability has seriously got to be questioned.

I always thought the bears had power to veto any CC club coming in before their own though.

The NRL have created an environment were juniors don't mean sh*t.
That's why Easts have'nt bothered about reclaiming some of the area they lost to Souths over the years.
Yeah I don't like either.

I've got to say that I have been suss about Easts moving games up there. I always wondered wether they were tesing the water. There's quite alot of people from the Eastern Suburbs who have made the move up there for retirement or house prices reasons.

sretsoor

Juniors
It's a load of tripe.

When you consider the Roosters are committing to building their leagues club next to the SFS, then that suggests they are planning on staying 'long term'.

Sorry to dispel your rumours.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ozzie said:

An anticipated shrinking market, at least thats what I was told, I dont know Sydney well at all tbh.

My understanding is they hope to try and do both, retain a 'historical' sydney connection but be based on the CC.

As for Sths I couldn't care less what they do. They could relocate and become the Adelaide Rams for all I care.

ozzie

Bench
funny about that - nearly everyone else thiks the same - maybe sick of having them forced down alll clubs throats

Tom Ace

Bench
Babyface O'reilly said:
The NRL have created an environment were juniors don't mean sh*t.
That's why Easts have'nt bothered about reclaiming some of the area they lost to Souths over the years.
Yeah I don't like either.

I've got to say that I have been suss about Easts moving games up there. I always wondered wether they were tesing the water. There's quite alot of people from the Eastern Suburbs who have made the move up there for retirement or house prices reasons.

Exactly...those who whinge about Roosters juniors like it's insulting us, clearly have no idea.

sretsoor said:
It's a load of tripe.

When you consider the Roosters are committing to building their leagues club next to the SFS, then that suggests they are planning on staying 'long term'.

Sorry to dispel your rumours.

If this is true I like it but I haven't heard anything of the sort. Where's it going?

sretsoor

Juniors
Babyface O'reilly said:
If this is true I like it but I haven't heard anything of the sort. Where's it going?

The last I heard it was true. Originally they we're going to relocate all together down to the SFS but now I believe they will also keep the Bondi Junction Club.

Latest posts