What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

have to admit, i prefer American football over Rugby League..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
a hardcore bills and Parra fan all my life, love league, but i have to admit, i really am now at the point where i would say i prefer american football over the NRL. Anyone else think the same or r now borderline with sporting loves...

supercharger

Juniors
jeez thats a tough one i like the NFL more than the NRL but probably like league more than American football if that makes any sense
they both just shade Baseball Hockey Canadian Football and Basketball for me it also depends upon which of my teams are going well
however latley it's been a case of watching cronulla without any decent attack Wakefield get pummeled San jose choke The Cubs implode
and having the Bolts promise but not delivering and winnipeg get beaten by the riders again and again and the rockets inabilty to win in the post season...
wait what was i trying to say ah damn now i'm depressed
way to go bills by the way

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I tend to agree.

I find myself getting more excited and HAVING to set aside time for the NFL...rather than the NRL now.

macavity

Referee
Put simply, I prefer Knights games, then American Football, then NRL. I now rarely watch non-Knights games. Probably because I loathe every other NRL team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Raiders are still my #1 sporting team, and i doubt that will ever change, i dont get as annoyed by philli losing as i do the raiders

but as for the game itself, im more interested in watching netural games in NFL than i am NRL. I think in terms of the game, its boarderline but given the year the raiders had, i shade toward the NFL.

NFL easily. its a more professional sport, i dont mind the stoppages...i like the tactics on every play. i like the fact that dropped balls are so crucial.

i dont support the chargers like i do the sharks...but the game itself i find better and more fun to watch on a regular basis.
and given the uncertain future of my club i have been gradually watching less nrl in anticipation of the inevitable.

March is the tipping point. we either rebound fron near death in 2009 to complete oblivion within a week.

i enjoy any and all distractions.

I love the Broncos a whole lot whereas Raiders, I just have fun with supporting them. But I prefer to watch NFL games than NRL games, and NFL fantasy owns NRL fantasy.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'm more of an NFL guy these days for sure, the gap is widening too, although this week my concentration is on Manly for obvious reasons ;)

Big Tim

First Grade
Put simply, I prefer Knights games, then American Football, then NRL. I now rarely watch non-Knights games. Probably because I loathe every other NRL team.

Exactly where I am. Love the Knights, but dont watch any other RL at all.

DC_fan

Coach
I have to agree.

I have been a follower of RL and the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs for something like 45 years now. While the passion is still there for Souths I am not sure its still there for the game. I used to be able to sit down and watch many games of football each weekend on TV. Show an interest in what other teams were up to. Over the past 5 to 10 years I have noticed my interest in the game, outside of Souths has really dropped off.

I have been following the NFL and Dallas for about 30 years now. My passion and interest for the game is ever growing growing. Unlike the NRL I am very keen to hear about other teams and watch all the games I can.

Jono078

Referee
It's a tough one.

Over the last decade I've never been more gutted by my sports team losing than the Vikings loss to the Saints in over time in the NFC championship game a couple years ago.

As some have said, I think I support the Knights more but actually like following the NFL more.

I have to agree.

I have been a follower of RL and the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs for something like 45 years now. While the passion is still there for Souths I am not sure its still there for the game. I used to be able to sit down and watch many games of football each weekend on TV. Show an interest in what other teams were up to. Over the past 5 to 10 years I have noticed my interest in the game, outside of Souths has really dropped off.

I have been following the NFL and Dallas for about 30 years now. My passion and interest for the game is ever growing growing. Unlike the NRL I am very keen to hear about other teams and watch all the games I can.

I'm similar. Have been a eels fan since I was 4. And spent many hours watching nrl. But for the past few years I have less and less interest in the game. Matching this is my increasing interest in the NFL. I could watch numerous NFL games on end were now I struggle to watch an nrl gamel if the eels aren't playing.

legend

Coach
Been that way a long time now and I follow a sucky team in both codes. I follow my beloved Denver Broncos way more than I do the Raiders and a lot of it is due to Furner and the way the Raiders are run.

I love everything about the NFL. The teams, the draft, the merchandise, fantasy and the list goes on. I'm doing a pilgrimage to Denver next year.

NRL is park footy in comparison on every level, especially the administration and the old f**kers who put self interest over the good of the game.

Cartman

Juniors
I enjoy both games, support the Raiders in both but probably watch more league mainly due to viewing habits I guess. NFL viewing times are not always convenient for me. American sports coverage makes ours look amateur though.

legend

Coach
BTW, this thread really needs a poll. I'd be interested to know what the fans of both codes think as I have a suspicion the NFL is going to win out.

Jono1987

Juniors
I've been watching league as long as I can remember. I've only been watching the NFL for about three years. NFL does shit all over league in terms of administration, presentation and player safety. The draft is almost a luxury for the NFL, keeping interest so high during the off season. To this point I watch more a lot more neutral games in league than the NFL but I certainly couldn't rule out that changing in the future.

The only thing I can never see changing is that the Dragons will remain my favourite sports organisation...but the NO Saints are a close second.

one thing i really enjoy is this.

i can just worry about the team playing well. etc sure they might move to LA but..whatever. LA..San Diego..not a huge difference.
when you watch the team its

is the team good, who's injured, how are we doing. go chargers.
with the sharks..there is a genuine possibility that in 2 years i wont have a team.

so its good to be able to just relax and watch the team f**k up rather than

* whats the crowd like. which dickheads from mount pius are gunna bag us for this this week.
* are they winning? no playoffs in 3 years, single didgit wins all 3 years. football operations budget that covers a small mcdonalds meal.
* who have we signed for next year...ben pommeroy is back. FFS
* whats going on with the development. f**k off capsis.
* are the sponsors staying on board. hisense, pokerstars..whats going on
* how many members have we signed..blah blah blah

legend

Coach
Some good points there and a lot of that can be alleviated through the NRL raising the salary cap and funding 100% instead of the current piss weak model paid through monopoly money.

No NFL team (or any professional sports team in America) have jersey sponsorship and I love that. I buy an NFL jersey that can look the same 15 years from now (as is with the Broncos) and anything before that looks truly nostalgic.

I have to say the Saints are my favourite NFC team. They are a joy to watch with Brees leading the team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Texans and Lions are the teams i like to watch most outside the Eagles

i like the way the NFC and AFC is seperate, i feel like i can really cheer on the Texans and not really feel like im betraying the eagles, since unless they meet in a SB (in which case i hope the iggles fist the bastards), they likely dont impact each other at all
You can really watch other clubs with a clear mind, because 80% of the teams in the comp wont really effect you, even someone like the Falcons, we play them once, unless we meet in the play offs i can now sit back and enjoy them knowing that really there isnt much they are doing that impacts the eagles

kurt faulk

Coach

i get really pumped about the nfl when the season approaches to the point where i ignore the nrl. of course the saints come first by a long margin as i have supported them since i was in kindy and that kind of devotion is unbreakable. as for the nrl, it can go f**k itself as i have no confidence in it as a professional organisation.

for me i was a fan of the nfl since about 1990 but when i finally connected to the internet in 2000 the level of information blew my mind and i found myself reading nonstop about the nfl. of course the nfl fantasy football is so good and addictive that even when the rams suck, and that is often, i still read alot about what's happening around the league. i love all the research involved in the game.

i really enjoy watching the nfl playoffs. i really enjoy waking up 3am, then 4am, then 5am to watch the nfl. i can watch any game, any time. it is a wonderful sport.

having said that rugby league is easily the best sport to watch.

league, nfl and soccer are so far ahead of any other sport on the planet it's not funny.

Latest posts