What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havili signed for 2016

noodles24

Juniors
Rugby League News just reported on Twitter that Siliva Havili from the Warriors has been signed by the club. Is the Warriors back-up Hooker.

Thoughts on this one? Obviously not confirmed yet.

BennyV

Referee
Looks good on paper. Keen to catch a glimpse of him.

Doesn't seem like he'd be coming here to play reserve grade either. Rein better pull his shit together.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hope he's better than the last Warriors player the club signed and sacked.

Don't hold your breath. Has talent, but very lazy and unfit (especially on defense)

Best case scenario is that the move out of his comfort zone wakes him up and he pulls his finger out. Worst case, he's an inexpensive gamble that is easy to move on if it doesn't work out.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yeah, another elite player :crazy:

At this rate, will have a team chock full of fringe first graders in a few years.

Straight Shooter

Aw come on now Ol mate....surely a man of your great wisdom has heard of the salary cap?
Ask Dino for a lesson in cap management.
:D

nrlnrl

First Grade
As Mary said earlier in the year, it won't be until 2017 when there will be significant room in the cap.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
And that's what infuriates me, mate. Salary cap pressures with a roster like ours.

Straight Shooter

Cycles man, cycles ! Ebbs and floods...highs and lows...Price/Young Vs Mary/Mulholland.
We're on the up and this year has been a bonus. Next year our window of opportunity opens up.
We're building and the squad is strengthening whilst working within the cap restraints.
Now you go get us a couple of TPA sponsors and we're flying.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I actually think he's a bloody good signing. He's definitely got a running game in him but since he's been playing top grade over last 2 seasons, he seems to be under instructions to make minimal dummy half runs. I think a pre-season with a new team will do him the world of good as well. Hopefully he does well.

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah, another elite player :crazy:

At this rate, will have a team chock full of fringe first graders in a few years.

Straight Shooter

Not sure what to say other than I have given you the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but have decided ... you are a dogs supporter. Even though that may be an insult to the dogs. FMD and FO.

STGI

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he made his debut in the new Zealand test side last year. But I would still rather kodi nikorima to be totally honest. I'm also interested to see the development of Garvey hope were not given up on him

rainman44

Bench
cycles man, cycles ! Ebbs and floods...highs and lows...price/young vs mary/mulholland.
We're on the up and this year has been a bonus. Next year our window of opportunity opens up.
We're building and the squad is strengthening whilst working within the cap restraints.
Now you go get us a couple of tpa sponsors and we're flying.

100%

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Happy
Could genuinely add some real spark in the middle
He will be hungry but he can play the game

The win win is that we are keeping our powder dry for 2017 recruitment but not taking away from 2016 as he is a goer

TruSaint

Referee
Cycles man, cycles ! Ebbs and floods...highs and lows...Price/Young Vs Mary/Mulholland.
Now you go get us a couple of TPA sponsors and we're flying.

You serious ? What absolute dribble.
PS
Well said.
Agree 100%.
PM is worth his money.