What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawaii

Vic Mackey

Referee
Doing Hawaii over New Years with the Mrs. We’re staying in Waikiki for 6 nights then keen to do another island for 3/4 nights. I want to do Kauai but the Mrs wants to see Maui. Any recommendations?

Very serious.

I’m a history fan but that aside, how could you go to Hawaii and not go to Pearl Harbour and walk through the USS Missouri?

You could see it all in half a day if you’re pressed for time.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Wasn't overly fussed with Hawaii but as San Souci Sainter said Pearl Harbour is a must.
Not sure what the shopping is like now with the Australian dollar in the toilet but last time I went I stocked up on Levi 501's, worked out cheap at the time but I doubt they would be a bargain now.

Pommy

Coach
Went a few months ago and I would seriously recommend pearl harbour also. I can understand it not being something people are interested in but for them to say ‘it’s shit’ must mean they are total dullards.
Shopping was ok but it wasn’t that cheap, obviously cheaper than here though. My mrs got some good deals on handbags at the outlets I didn’t get much.
We went to Maui and I loved it a much better vibe than Waikiki which is pretty much just surfers paradise 11 hours away.

innsaneink

Referee
We didnt do Pearl Harbour, we went past on the way to the outlet shops at Waikele. No biggie.
Diamond head is great if you like hiking...as is Haunauma bay snorkelling, fantastic...my missus cousin lives there so we got to go with a local to all the touristy places...names escape me now but do the snorkelling.
Food was good

innsaneink

Referee
Youll need one of these Vic

45201176_10217121867188913_5011365667719348224_n.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
Was there in 2016 with the family on the way back home from a round the world trip. We loved it. Only stayed on the main island but did do 3 nights up at Turtle Bay before 5 nights in Waikiki. Turtle Bay was awesome, played 18 holes on the Arnie Palmer golf course there... Just a chilled, relaxed atmos across the whole place. And the women, my word - the Japanese/US half casts (is that an acceptable term?) are stunning....

Eion

First Grade
I’d recommend Pearl Harbour like other people have said. Not the most awesome thing ever, but well worth it if you are there for a few days. All comes down to time tho.

Probably the thing I liked the most on the main island (other than just hanging out around the resort and Waikiki which was great with the kids) was hiring a car for a day. You can drive around the whole joint, get over to the other side of the island with non crowded beaches and up to the north shore / Jurassic Park type mountains etc.