What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne at 5/8

Someone

Bench
despite what anyone wants to say his best position is wherever he wants his future to be. If he wants the 5/8 position bad enough he will work for it. Hes got the skill. Problem is i dont think he wants it as bad as fittler or stuart, If someone can just come in and teach Hayne positional play and tell him to get more involved he'd be the number 1 fullback in the game imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's only going to be a good 'five-eighth' if he can decide where and when he gets the ball. This would essenitally require him to play halfback/first receiver, like all the great 'five-eighths' of the modern era.

But really his best asset is still his running game, which is best utilised at fullback where he can receive the ball in some space. There is f**k-all space at first receiver.

Gronk

Staff member
Gee the knives are out for Hayne. He was selected out of position and simply said 'ok I'll give it a go etc"

Mozza of Manly says… Today at 6:18 AM
Is it possible that the media can realise that Jarryd Hayne is not the superstar they are trying so desparately to portray. He has played one reasonable rep game and a couple of reasonable NRL games and thats it. When the crunch comes in important games he goes missing. Can we please move on from this overated,over egoed average footballer? I cannot believe he gets so much attention. Does he have pictures of someone?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ying-five-eighth/story-e6frf3ou-1226335710300

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so how come they don't put Carney at fullback then compare him to Hayne and bag him for not being as good a fullback as Hayne

eelement

Juniors
Jerome of Wellington says… Today at 11:09 AM

As a one-eyed Queensland supporter, I, like everyone else in rugby league think that Jarryd Hayne is the most overrated player ive ever watched. Personally, im praying that NSW pick him.. I dont care where, i just want him there. Queenslands chances sky rocket if Jarryd Hayne plays for NSW. On another note, i love watching close origin games. If this is to be the case in 2012, NSW NEED TO PICK Carney at 6 and Peter Wallace at 7. Wallace is by far the most consistent NSW halfback and look at where the broncos are.. 2nd. I never see him miss a tackle, he plays percentages and also has great composure, something that Mullen, Pearce etc DO NOT HAVE. QUEENSLANDER!!

LOL some people. i guess he hasn't watched many SOO games of late...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ying-five-eighth/story-e6frf3ou-1226335710300

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I personally feel that the workload in the front line (defense and with ball in hand more often) just doesn't suit Jarryd's talents, and I don't think he'll develop into a half? He's been tried out-of-position at centre and five-eighth without effective results, and which have taken away what he can contribute to a game from fullback or wing.

At club level, his future is at fullback, no doubt. The question is where to put him at rep level... he's currently out of the mix in any position for the National team, so could still play for NSW at #1, but that would be a bit of a dead end for him as far a rep footy goes? They clearly want him to play and perform in another backline position (eg. five-eighth or maybe centre) so he could fill some Australian positions were we don't have a Slater, or wingers galore to choose from. But it's not really working out that well so far....

im starting to wonder if there is some conspiracy going on first gasnier won't give hayne the ball now its farah coach's instructions maybe?

Tony Bongo

Bench
Jerome of Wellington says… Today at 11:09 AM

As a one-eyed Queensland supporter, I, like everyone else in rugby league think that Jarryd Hayne is the most overrated player ive ever watched. Personally, im praying that NSW pick him.. I dont care where, i just want him there. Queenslands chances sky rocket if Jarryd Hayne plays for NSW. On another note, i love watching close origin games. If this is to be the case in 2012, NSW NEED TO PICK Carney at 6 and Peter Wallace at 7. Wallace is by far the most consistent NSW halfback and look at where the broncos are.. 2nd. I never see him miss a tackle, he plays percentages and also has great composure, something that Mullen, Pearce etc DO NOT HAVE. QUEENSLANDER!!

LOL some people. i guess he hasn't watched many SOO games of late...

Speaking of which what happened to that thread ?