What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Suitman

Post Whore
What a rollercoaster of a ride. He had it all and then the derp factor overtook his life. I hope that this is it, he serves his punishment and moves on with life. No winners here, even the woman herself must have questioned her decision making that night. Hopefully others can learn from this case.

A both sad and appalling situation at the same time. Both for him and the victim.
He had the world at his feet and could have become a legend of the game. He was that good tbh. The most all-round gifted, talented Eels player I have ever seen. He had it all. Brett Kenny was a close second but Hayne was next level.
It's such a shame in my opinion that his ego always seemed to get in the way. IMO.
I can understand ambition and trying new and different adventures, but like all these types of people, I'm not sure his management led him down the right path.

Anyway, what is done, is done.
A very sad ending to what was an amazing career for an amazing player.
As much as I deplore what has happened since he left the Eels, he will always be the player that gave me the most joy as a fan following the Eels.
Eric Grothe Snr, Ray Price and Brett Kenny are a very close equal 2nd.

King-Gutho94

Coach
A both sad and appalling situation at the same time. Both for him and the victim.
He had the world at his feet and could have become a legend of the game. He was that good tbh. The most all-round gifted, talented Eels player I have ever seen. He had it all. Brett Kenny was a close second but Hayne was next level.
It's such a shame in my opinion that his ego always seemed to get in the way. IMO.
I can understand ambition and trying new and different adventures, but like all these types of people, I'm not sure his management led him down the right path.

Anyway, what is done, is done.
A very sad ending to what was an amazing career for an amazing player.
As much as I deplore what has happened since he left the Eels, he will always be the player that gave me the most joy as a fan following the Eels.
Eric Grothe Snr, Ray Price and Brett Kenny are a very close equal 2nd.
Yeah I look at it as a waste then a tragedy. As it's his life he pissed away not mine.

He did play nearly 20 games for NSW and won a world cup for Australia. So individually he achieved mostly everything but a premiership.

But your right with his talent he should have been talked about the way Billy Slater has as the greatest fullback some have ever seen if he pulled his ego in.

Maybe if he met his current wife a lot earlier in life & had a kid it may have forced him mature at a younger age.

We will never know.

I was 15 years old when he took everyone for the ride of there lives in 2009 it was incredible something we will never forget as parra fans.

But with the storm salary cap cheating and now Hayne it has put a black mark on everything in that period.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've always seen that as a fallacy by people who did not particularly like him.
Those same people never gave him the credit he deserved.
Some went along with that theory. In fact most did.
I didn't see it that way.

He was a great player at his best. Unstoppable.
I loved Hayne. But I never saw the same passion in his eyes as I did from say Slater or Thurston. But those guys are rare.

I reckon the issue with out side right now is exactly that. No real players who do anything to win.

2199F0B6-F9C9-4AA0-8CF3-0CF2676E276D.jpeg

Twas all foreseen.

Now he’s needs to be sentenced and perhaps he could prep for another appeal.

What if he gets time served?

Does he cop it or try to restore his good name and stellar reputation?

It’s interesting, he spent probably $100ks on lawyers, a fine barrister in Ms Cunneen KC and yet he still went down.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so they were hung this morning, handed a note to the magistrate and he had a word with them, then its unanimous ?

and it was all based on he said, she said

just doesn't sound right to me unless there is something we haven't been told

anyway, he's appealing according to ABC news, the saga continues

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
so they were hung this morning, handed a note to the magistrate and he had a word with them, then its unanimous ?

and it was all based on he said, she said

just doesn't sound right to me unless there is something we haven't been told

anyway, he's appealing according to ABC news, the saga continues
Thats normally how it works. The onus is on the jury to reach a decision. If they come back and it isn't unanimous then they are told to go back and work it out.

emjaycee

Coach
It's an interesting case and interesting to see some of the reactions on here.

I once helped a victim who had been sodomised and raped by three guys.

They were charged and found guilty of sexual assault, just like Jarryd.

I guess in the eyes of some there is no difference.

Last edited:

Homo man69

Juniors
Yeah... but nah to the innocent part - he's been found guilty twice now, with only a technicality up his sleeve to have not been serving out his sentence.
Just cause someone is found Guilty doesn't mean it's fact, remember OJ? I think a lot of people dislike Hayne and I'm not a fan myself but that doesn't mean he did it. I wish I could tell some stories about this person and some the lives she's destroyed. She's definitely narcissistic possibly even a psychopath. Hayne was right by saying she's an absolute nutter