What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Incorrect

Coach
The funniest one I had was I was driving on my P's and get flashed by the high beam lights by 2 girls also on their P's. I was in my Daihatsu charade. Then we pull up side by side at the next set of lights and they say let's grab a drink. Off to Panthers we went. Fun times.
Nowdays its all internet dating.
So many euphemism's

Wait... This is the thread we don't need them!!

#alittleconfused

Noise

Coach
How come the thread title has 'on appeal' on it? It's not on appeal yet. Have they even lodged the appeal?

Gronk

Staff member
You're gunna have to take out jarryd and just have Hayne to save some space. There should be something about lying about a dragons contract in there too. https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...m/news-story/d8f27075026e6a3eb5f5335493c96467

^^^^
The newspaper spoke to former Dragons coach Paul McGregor, former CEO Brian Johnston, general manager Ben Haran, and recruitment boss Ian Millward.

“There was no point where we actually made an offer,” Haran told the Telegraph

“We had a meeting with him like we do with a lot of players and there are multiple things that you look at. We didn’t get to a stage where we thought we should take it any further.”

hindy111

Post Whore
^^^^
The newspaper spoke to former Dragons coach Paul McGregor, former CEO Brian Johnston, general manager Ben Haran, and recruitment boss Ian Millward.

“There was no point where we actually made an offer,” Haran told the Telegraph

“We had a meeting with him like we do with a lot of players and there are multiple things that you look at. We didn’t get to a stage where we thought we should take it any further.”

So he lied about that also

blue bags

First Grade
I don't think he lied. He is just so overwhelmingly self confident that he backs himself to get what he wants in the face of resistance. To Hayne 'no' just means 'not yet'. It's not a mindset that fits in the modern world.
I understand that mindset, the Lombardi mindset ;)
I will hear what your saying but I have a job to do

Delboy

First Grade
Frankly, it wouldn’t surprise if there were a couple at least Saints fans on the jury, seems a bit conspiracy theory, but it sort of makes sense.

^^^^ De Belin - 2nd mistrial. Looks like he will walk.

Will have to be exceptional circumstances to be granted a third retrial - fresh and compelling evidence and not solely in the public interest, It's not a double jeopardy situation as you can't be tried twice for the same offence when acquitted the first time.

The UK have repealed double jeopardy laws to allow the Court of Appeal the right to grant a retrial, even after a full acquittal, if "new, compelling, reliable and substantial evidence" were to emerge.

In the US if there is no conviction or acquittal the state can have as many retrials as they like until the prosecution give up basically.

Unless there is a 3rd retrial the NRL will have no choice i assume not to register his contract despite only being acquitted of 1 of the 6 charges- that will cause a lot of issues and angst not just when he's playing but with sponsors/fans and the general public.

Last edited: