What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I dont know if Hindy is jealous ... i think hindy made a name for himself by working his f**kin ass off - he was the type of player who got along with brian smith, who is an intense coach who wants hard working players

Hayne = the exact opposite of that

I reckon hindy struggles to have respect for hayne cos he has seen his ways up close
And I can see that side of it as well, but when he chose Mini over Hayne it was a laughable comment that made Hindy look like a bitter jealous merkin.

Even now he's taking pot shots, it's like Hindy just like Bart has never forgiven Hayne for removing his best mate from Fullback????

Or maybe Hayne brushed him for an autograph as well.........

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah but he was asked in 2014 and not 2004.

Mini by then was well past it, it was embarrassing he was picked anytime after he did his back.

I love Hindy he's one of my favourite ever Eels but that comment was through pure jealousy.
Hindmarsh's position as a club legend is firmly cemented. I'd say it was through hatred rather than jealousy. He had to put up with Hayne's antics for a long time.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep, let's call a spade a spade. Hindys been an absolute merkin when it comes to Hayne. Even if Hayne had a poor attitude, he's being putting shit on him for years and continually running to the media. In 2007 when we demolished the broncos at parra stadium, I'm sure Hindys was filthy at Hayne for playing a flash brand of footy. Wtf?

I for one don't believe Hayne got coaches sacked. He was gutted DA was sacked and Hagan and sk were just outright shit coaches. For all we know, Hindy could of played just a big a role as anyone in getting the coach sacked.
You seem to be excusing Hayne's poor attitude and trying to pass blame elsewhere.

The overwhelming evidence suggests Hayne is a shit influence on other players and a self interested (albiet talented) merkin. However, I suspect no amount of evidence could sway you from your pre-determined position.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And I can see that side of it as well, but when he chose Mini over Hayne it was a laughable comment that made Hindy look like a bitter jealous merkin.
Only to those who haven't thought about what Hindy might know about Hayne's character. Sometimes even the most talented players are a bad fit for a side if they bring in a poor attitude and don't get along with other team mates.

Perhaps the only thing Hindmarsh is guilty of is being too polite and not stating his real reasons for leaving Hayne out of his team?

Who really knows? Just another perspective for you to consider...

Gronk

Staff member
Im going to defend Hindy. I heard him on Sat and his beef with Hayne is that his team knew that he drifted in and out of matches and they tried everything.

In the end he trained when he CBFd and played when he CBFd. Seems that things haven't changed.

I frankly don't know why he deserves to be treated with the respect that many demand that he should.

As some have said, there are plenty of players who were bad trainers, but the elite lazy merkins like Peal Renouf Cliffy Lyons etc etc gave 100% on the field.

Consistency was always Hayne's Achilles Heel and now appears to be his downfall.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
You seem to be excusing Hayne's poor attitude and trying to pass blame elsewhere.

The overwhelming evidence suggests Hayne is a shit influence on other players and a self interested (albiet talented) merkin. However, I suspect no amount of evidence could sway you from your pre-determined position.

No one is perfect. If every player runs to the media, each and every incident, it would create a circus. Why does the media need to know. The telling factor for me is the 2007 game. Hayne was sublime and Hindy was and still is a cranky bastard. And this is coming from someone that's been thilthy at Hayne

Gronk

Staff member
It stuns Hindy how a player won't dig deep and give 100% when your team needs you.

Reminds me of Sally Robbins who stopped rowing at the Olympics mid course and left her crew to row by themselves. Later when asked why, she said that she was tired...

2017-08-24-08-21-31-.jpg

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

There's just as much evidence to suggest Hindy was a cranky old bastard. It could be a clash of personalities, it still doesn't excuse Hindy for running to the media at every given opportunity.

IFR33K

Coach
No one is defending Hayne. Yes it may be he had a poor attitude, but Hindy doesn't need to put the boot in at every given opportunity.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With Hindy and Hayne, I reckon it comes down to training.

Hindy and his team mates are putting 110%, getting flogged during the offseason, while Hayne was just f**king around half the time getting the "royal" treatment from the coaching staff, running scared to pull him into line!!

phantom eel

First Grade
No one is defending Hayne.
Ikin? His old mate Mannah? Hayne himself? Hayne's personal sponsor? Some nuffies in here? There's plenty of people defending Hayne.
Yes it may be he had a poor attitude, but Hindy doesn't need to put the boot in at every given opportunity.
Hypeman Hayne has had a free run in the media to "build his brand" for a long time... He's not a sacred cow, and if criticism is warranted, Hindy and others should feel to air it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There's just as much evidence to suggest Hindy was a cranky old bastard. It could be a clash of personalities, it still doesn't excuse Hindy for running to the media at every given opportunity.
Hindy running to the media at every given opportunity? Now I know you are making shit up.

Hindy was a courageous and fearless player who put in for his team mates. If he was a 'cranky bastard' (which I think the jury is still out on) it was becuase he was surrounded by a bunch of pea hearts, including the king of pea hearts - J Hayne.

IFR33K

Coach
Ikin? His old mate Mannah? Hayne himself? Hayne's personal sponsor? Some nuffies in here? There's plenty of people defending Hayne.Hypeman Hayne has had a free run in the media to "build his brand" for a long time... He's not a sacred cow, and if criticism is warranted, Hindy and others should feel to air it.

I meant here.

IFR33K

Coach
Hindy running to the media at every given opportunity? Now I know you are making shit up.

Hindy was a courageous and fearless player who put in for his team mates. If he was a 'cranky bastard' (which I think the jury is still out on) it was becuase he was surrounded by a bunch of pea hearts, including the king of pea hearts - J Hayne.

Lol. I'm certainly not playing down what Hindy is or was to the club. Since in the media he's carried on like a clown.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol. I'm certainly not playing down what Hindy is or was to the club. Since in the media he's carried on like a clown.
That's what most people in the media do. They get paid to be clowns. If they aren't clowny enough then they are disregarded and another clown is dropped off the conveyor belt of clowns into shows like Matty Johns, Footy Show, Professor f**kstick etc.

That aside he still has a point when it comes to Hayne and his shit attitude. If Hayne was a leader like Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, JT etc then I would concede you have a point. But he isn't even fit to tie the shoelaces of those three and therefore should not be immune to criticism.

IFR33K

Coach
That's what most people in the media do. They get paid to be clowns. If they aren't clowny enough then they are disregarded and another clown is dropped off the conveyor belt of clowns into shows like Matty Johns, Footy Show, Professor f**kstick etc.

That aside he still has a point when it comes to Hayne and his shit attitude. If Hayne was a leader like Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, JT etc then I would concede you have a point. But he isn't even fit to tie the shoelaces of those three and therefore should not be immune to criticism.

No one is disputing what you've said. Hayne is one player that's never fulfilled his potential. It's a real shame. But IMO, it's another thing to bag a teammate like Hindy has.

We are without all the finer details. Maybe there's things the leadership group back in 07-09 could of done more to extract the absolute best of Hayne. We don't know.

Let's agree to disagree on this matter. :)

Incorrect

Coach
Someone like Hayne and his overwhelming apathy towards the game and his team is a complete anathema to somone like Hindmarsh who had to bust his arse every day on the training paddock to get the opportunity to play NRL and stay there.... I imagine there were plenty of other youngsters growing up down Robertson way who had just as much talent as Hindmarsh but not the work ethic and that's what set him apart and got him his shot.

Hayne on the other hand - he was just blessed with a unique genetic make up, coupled with a decent footy brain, not great just decent, which saw everything he ever tried on the footy field come easy. So when someone like Hindmarsh, who dotted every i and crossed every T in everything he did, sees someone like Hayne buggering off to the toilets and bludging for 5-10 minutes every session, I can only imagine the frustration he would have felt - especially if Hayne was indifferent on the field the next game they ran out for.

I think it has taken a lot for Hindmarsh to hold back on his opinions about Hayne over the years, but given what has gone down over the last 12 months, and especially the fact that Hayne ended up playing for a club other than Parra, it hasn't taken all that much prodding from Johns or Fletch or whoever now to get Hindmarsh to spill his guts and let his feelings known now....

Latest posts