What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's far more evidence that Anderson was done in by the board. Stuart destroyed the team morale and quit. The club wanted him to stay but he took up another job. All evidence points to Kearney being rubbish. And what about Hagan?
The fact is their teams were all seen to have underperformed in year two (year one for Stuart) of their contracts and rumours of disharmony abounded. Just because blokes quit doesn't mean they didn't see the writing on the wall. Hasler has just missed the finals for the first time in 13 years and the knives are out already.

Unless you win the comp, merkins want to see improvement, and what team ever improved with Hayne since he came into first grade? Only the 2009, and 2014 team which was backing up from a wooden spoon.

The fact is their teams were all seen to have underperformed in year two (year one for Stuart) of their contracts and rumours of disharmony abounded. Just because blokes quit doesn't mean they didn't see the writing on the wall. Hasler has just missed the finals for the first time in 13 years and the knives are out already.

Unless you win the comp, merkins want to see improvement, and what team ever improved with Hayne since he came into first grade? Only the 2009, and 2014 team which was backing up from a wooden spoon.
And if Kearney and Anderson had improved in their second season Hayne would be what, a coach creator? I doubt it. The more compelling evidence is that DA was undermined due to factionalism. Kearney had a very poor first year and an even worse second year. And now he's failing again, despite speaking bro. He's probably just a bad coach, and bad coaches get the arse. Stuart quit after a poor year and receiving a long term big money offer from his old club, which was much less of a shambles than ours.
Hayne is undoubtedly flawed but the coach killer thing is supported by very little. Or rather, other reasons for our club going through coaches have better evidence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And if Kearney and Anderson had improved in their second season Hayne would be what, a coach creator? I doubt it. The more compelling evidence is that DA was undermined due to factionalism. Kearney had a very poor first year and an even worse second year. And now he's failing again, despite speaking bro. He's probably just a bad coach, and bad coaches get the arse. Stuart quit after a poor year and receiving a long term big money offer from his old club, which was much less of a shambles than ours.
Hayne is undoubtedly flawed but the coach killer thing is supported by very little. Or rather, other reasons for our club going through coaches have better evidence.
Well Hayne has just seen another coach sacked this week. It's a pretty big coincidence. It just keeps happening and that merkin is the common denominator.

As for Anderson, he never coached again. That's pretty fair proof that he was arseholed due to more than just petty factionalism. As we've seen with Kearney and Stuart, even wooden spoon winning coaches can get new gigs, even if it's with clubs that never have success. Even Jason Taylor got yet another chance.

bartman

Immortal
"Don't bother" you f**king weak gutted merkin. If you've got nothing to add shut the f**k up.
clap.gif

Well Hayne has just seen another coach sacked this week. It's a pretty big coincidence. It just keeps happening and that merkin is the common denominator.

As for Anderson, he never coached again. That's pretty fair proof that he was arseholed due to more than just petty factionalism. As we've seen with Kearney and Stuart, even wooden spoon winning coaches can get new gigs, even if it's with clubs that never have success. Even Jason Taylor got yet another chance.
And by that argument Tim Mannah is approaching coach killer status.

So did Anderson get sacked because he was no good, or because of Hayne? And Stuart quit for a better job so he's irrelevant. Kearney had two seasons of epic failure. And he's failing again. He's shit, so thanks Jarryd.

He also got his NFL coach sacked.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And by that argument Tim Mannah is approaching coach killer status.
I would've thought so too except there were never any rumours around Mannah's poor attitude. If anything he just lacks talent rather than leadership. And then there's the fact that the team has improved each year and no coaches have been sacked since Hayne left and Mannah stayed.

I'm not saying I think Mannah is especially influential, but that's the point - Hayne is. And a player that influential either has to be a strong positive influence or a strong negative.
So did Anderson get sacked because he was no good, or because of Hayne? And Stuart quit for a better job so he's irrelevant. Kearney had two seasons of epic failure. And he's failing again. He's shit, so thanks Jarryd.

He also got his NFL coach sacked.
Hayne is a big part of the problem because he is a big part of the salary cap. He is also obviously seldom part of the solution.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hayne may have been a huge factor in Henry getting the boot, but I'm with Loser Baby on his tenure with the Eels. I don't think he is the sole reason for our coaches being sacked.

It's funny how nothing like this was mentioned even the slightest litttle bit when we were going through our revolving door of coaches. But now one coach gets fired at a completely different club, one miserable old legend comes out with a stupid remark about Hayne going through heaps of coaches in his career, and now everything is all Hayne's fault.

Let me ask you this...if Hayne was the 'reason' we were so shit for so long, resulting in so many coaches being fired (even though not all of them were), wouldn't it all come back to the coaches themselves? They alwere the ones who wanted Hayne in their team, and they offered him the ridiculously large amount of money. It's their own fault they ended up with a f**ked-up cap. It only makes sense that they cop the blame for it, not the bloke who is simply taking the money on offer.

If BA goes out tomorrow and signs up a mediocre player (not saying Jarryd is mediocre, just an example) for big money, we would all be decreeing it a stupid decision by BA. Not the bloke who is simply taking up a contract. What's he going to say? " Nah sorry, I don't think I'm worth that much. Offer me something smaller or I walk away!"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne may have been a huge factor in Henry getting the boot, but I'm with Loser Baby on his tenure with the Eels. I don't think he is the sole reason for our coaches being sacked.

It's funny how nothing like this was mentioned even the slightest litttle bit when we were going through our revolving door of coaches. But now one coach gets fired at a completely different club, one miserable old legend comes out with a stupid remark about Hayne going through heaps of coaches in his career, and now everything is all Hayne's fault.
I said it before Henry got sacked. I even said it while he was still at the Eels. There were always stories about coaches and team mates being pissed off at Hayne. It's not a new thing.
Let me ask you this...if Hayne was the 'reason' we were so shit for so long, resulting in so many coaches being fired (even though not all of them were), wouldn't it all come back to the coaches themselves? They alwere the ones who wanted Hayne in their team, and they offered him the ridiculously large amount of money. It's their own fault they ended up with a f**ked-up cap. It only makes sense that they cop the blame for it, not the bloke who is simply taking the money on offer.
How do you know the coaches all wanted Hayne in the team? He was at least as vauable as a trophy signing/retention (for administrators) as he was a player. I don't think coaches have as much freedom to sign players as you think they do.
If BA goes out tomorrow and signs up a mediocre player (not saying Jarryd is mediocre, just an example) for big money, we would all be decreeing it a stupid decision by BA. Not the bloke who is simply taking up a contract. What's he going to say? " Nah sorry, I don't think I'm worth that much. Offer me something smaller or I walk away!"
We'll never know how much a player is signed for. All we can see is the overall quality of the team, and if a team has too little talent for its supposed salary cap value you can be certain that its best players are taking the bulk of the money. And even the best player in the game can be on too much.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He wouldn't have been alone. Minichello has a better record than Hayne can ever hope for.
Yeah but he was asked in 2014 and not 2004.

Mini by then was well past it, it was embarrassing he was picked anytime after he did his back.

I love Hindy he's one of my favourite ever Eels but that comment was through pure jealousy.

IFR33K

Coach

Mini by then was well past it, it was embarrassing he was picked anytime after he did his back.

I love Hindy he's one of my favourite ever Eels but that comment was through pure jealousy.

Yep, let's call a spade a spade. Hindys been an absolute merkin when it comes to Hayne. Even if Hayne had a poor attitude, he's being putting shit on him for years and continually running to the media. In 2007 when we demolished the broncos at parra stadium, I'm sure Hindys was filthy at Hayne for playing a flash brand of footy. Wtf?

I for one don't believe Hayne got coaches sacked. He was gutted DA was sacked and Hagan and sk were just outright shit coaches. For all we know, Hindy could of played just a big a role as anyone in getting the coach sacked.

strider

Post Whore

I dont know if Hindy is jealous ... i think hindy made a name for himself by working his f**kin ass off - he was the type of player who got along with brian smith, who is an intense coach who wants hard working players

Hayne = the exact opposite of that

I reckon hindy struggles to have respect for hayne cos he has seen his ways up close