What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
‘I was fuming’: Jarryd Hayne lashes out at sexual assault allegations
LEAGUE

• March 15, 2021 4:51pm
  • by STEVE ZEMEK
  • Source: NCA NewsWire
0f029d2f9c372749f5ff2fa5dfdabd7c

Jarryd Hayne is seen leaving the Downing Centre Courts, in Sydney. Former NRL player Jarryd Hayne's retrial over claims he raped a woman during a stopover at her house, is underway in Sydney. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Bianca De MarchiSource: News Corp Australia
Jarryd Hayne has described the woman accusing him of sexual assault as being “full of sh*t” as he denied fabricating evidence in an attempt to make himself look innocent.

Mr Hayne told the Downing Centre District Court on Monday that he was “fuming” after the woman contacted him a month after their sexual encounter alleging that she had not consented to him performing oral and digital sex on her.

Mr Hayne, 33, has denied sexually assaulting the then 26-year-old woman at her Newcastle home on NRL grand final night on September 30, 2018.

The woman has previously told the court that she repeatedly said “no” after realising that Mr Hayne had a taxi waiting outside her Fletcher home to take him back to Sydney.

His trial has entered its second week with Mr Hayne having pleaded not guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual assault recklessly inflicting actual bodily harm.

Mr Hayne insists that he knew she was not consenting to sexual intercourse and instead he was attempting to “please her” by performing other sexual acts that she had consented to.

According to his version of events, she stood up to take off her jeans, while the woman has said that Mr Hayne forced them off.

He and the woman had been communicating via social media for several weeks, sharing sexually suggestive messages, before he stopped in at her house on the way back to Sydney on the Sunday evening following a two-day buck’s party for a former teammate.

According to the crown prosecution, Mr Hayne performed oral and digital sex on the woman without her consent, causing two lacerations to her genitalia and substantial bleeding.

Later, the woman contacted Mr Hayne via Snapchat in a message that was monitored by police.

In it, she said: “You knew I definitely wasn’t OK from the damage that night” and “it was pretty messed up and you should have stopped when I said so”.

Mr Hayne has said at that point he was “fuming” at the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

“She (previously) raised concerns and you weren’t fuming then,” Crown prosecutor Brian Costello said.

“I was fuming because she was full of sh*t,” Mr Hayne replied.

“You were fuming because she was about to report you to the police or the NRL,” Mr Costello said.

“No,” Mr Hayne replied.

During police phone taps, Mr Hayne was heard describing the woman to a friend as “just a young cow carrying on”.

He added in the same phone call: “I think she started to like me or something, then because I brushed her f***ing blowing up” and “You speak to them for a bit, they get attached and they think f***ing. Well mate you f***ing messaged me off Instagram, you idiot”.

Mr Hayne denied that when he travelled to her house he thought of her as an “idiot” and he was only interested in sexual intercourse.

“You had just gone around there to have sexual intercourse,” Mr Costello said.

“Potentially,” Mr Hayne replied.

“You weren’t there to strike up a friendship or discuss politics or get to know her,” Mr Costello said.

“I think I referred to it as a fling,” Mr Hayne said.

Things became heated when Mr Costello accused Mr Hayne of inventing evidence to suit his narrative.

“She told you no, she told you stop didn’t she?” Mr Costello said.

“I’ve already answered these questions,” Mr Hayne said.

Mr Costello said Mr Hayne had “just made up a whole bunch of lies” and “to make you look innocent”.

“That’s what you say,” Mr Hayne said.

The trial before Judge Helen Syme continues.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/i-...s/news-story/32fdc14ecd5fefc66e819caf02717dac

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the timing of this court case and other media interest happening outside of the case at the moment, that The Plane may just find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If I was the defense lawyer I know the first thing I would be asking is if she felt she has been sexually assaulted, why did she contact the alleged offenders employer peak body first and not consider reporting the matter to the police? What did she think the employer peak body would do, potentially force The Planes employer to maybe compensate her for her troubles?? The peak body, nor the employer were never going to entertain anything of the like.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Far out what a ride. Starts out as a great talent, starts to get a big head, gets shot at, turns his life around whilst playing for Fiji, goes to greater heights again, takes a punt on the NFL and loses the plot again...........

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
BREAKING: Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne GUILTY of sexual assault
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• March 22, 2021 2:21pm
  • by STEVE ZEMEK
  • Source: NCA NewsWire
537bcf3a5a9126b4bcaaf87a833c72ff

Jarryd Hayne arrives at courtSource: News Corp Australia
NRL superstar Jarryd Hayne has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home two-and-a-half years ago.

After three days of deliberating a jury found Hayne, 33, guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

He was found not guilty of aggravated sexual assault while recklessly inflicting actual bodily harm.

Following a seven-day trial in Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court, it took the jury three days to find the two-time Dally M winner and ex-NFL convert guilty.

Hayne pleaded not guilty and denied sexually assaulting the then 26-year-old woman at her home at Fletcher, on Newcastle’s outskirts, in September, 2018.

His first trial in Newcastle last year ended in a hung jury, however the jury of seven men and five women found him guilty of performing oral and digital sex on the woman without her consent.

During her evidence, which was replayed from Hayne’s first trial, the woman said she refused to consent to sex because the ex-Parramatta fullback had a taxi waiting outside.

He had been in Newcastle for a two-day buck’s party and had organised to pay a cab driver $550 to take him back to Sydney, where he was required to attend an event at Alexandria at midnight.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said when she heard the taxi beeping outside her bedroom window she resolved there was “no way” she was going to consent to sex.

88f5c1ac65c8b8f566d808dcdd39a2d2

Jarryd Hayne with his wife Amellia BonniciSource: Matrix
“Like my heart dropped because I felt like he had only come there for one thing,” she said.

“Like why would you get (the taxi driver) to wait outside for you for 20 minutes.

“I felt saddened because I felt like he must have only seen me in one type of way.”

She said the presence of the taxi made her feel “like absolute crap” and “sad and stupid for flirting with him to start”.

“I felt like — excuse my French — absolute s*** about him getting a taxi driver to wait outside for that amount of time because he’s coming over to have sex and leave,” she said.

“He doesn’t want to meet me or have a conversation.”

The pair had communicated via social media for several weeks leading up to the incident but had not met face to face before the evening of September 30 — the same night as the NRL grand final.

“I’m not gonna lie, I imagined what it would be like to be f***ing you when you started talking,” the woman said in a direct message to Hayne on Instagram.

Hayne was drinking on the taxi ride to the woman’s house and left the empty bottle of a pre-mixed alcoholic drink on the letterbox.

He said he went into the woman’s bedroom and lay on her bed where he attempted to serenade her by singing along to some of his “go-to” songs on YouTube, including an Ed Sheeran cover of Oasis’s Wonderwall.

According to the woman, he forcibly kissed her during and pushed her head into the pillow.

She described being overpowered by Hayne, who she said pulled off her jeans before sexually assaulting her despite her attempts to stop him.

537bcf3a5a9126b4bcaaf87a833c72ff

Jarryd Hayne arrives at courtSource: News Corp Australia
She described his actions as being: “Forceful and fast, that’s why I can’t say for sure how the injury was done.”

The woman suffered two lacerations and began bleeding about 30 seconds into the sexual encounter.

A video recorded by the complainant, which was played to the jury, showed her bed and pillows covered in blood.

While Mr Hayne got up to wash his face in the bedroom’s ensuite, the woman got in the shower and said that the injury was “stinging like mad” as she watched the water run red down the drain.

After asking if a $50 note on the bed was hers, he left on the trip to Sydney.

Soon after, the woman sent him a string of text messages saying “I am hurting so much” and “I know I’ve talked about sex and stuff so much but I didn’t want to do that after knowing the taxi was waiting for you”.

Mr Hayne replied: “Go doctor tomorrow.”

She also messaged another friend saying he was “rough” and that he “ended up getting his hand down there”.

“I said ‘stop’ and stuff and then I kind of just let it go because he was so into it and pushy,” she said.

“I just feel like I let it happen to myself by not screaming at him.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...2dJ9A_HskxFutOxqfRgExwwmh0rBmXIqNcyQd4DzTxyBw

Cloeel

Juniors
Has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in Australian sporting history.

Not sure of what happens in terms of sentencing and appeals now but i would assume he's looking at quite a long prison sentence?

The timing of this court case etc. with everything that is going on within the government at the moment could not have been worse.

Latest posts