What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Labor always f**k the economy and people's living standards and then the Liberals come back and make it good again.
Simplistic nonense, fed to you by conservative-leaning media sources (but probably eagerly lapped-up by a conservative-leaning citizen).

Post globalisation (the floating of our dollar in the mid-80s), and alternative view is that the Libs were very lucky to preside over periods of worldwide economic booms before being turfed out for f**king things up (and Labor parties saddled with getting us out of the mess).
It's happened since the dawn of time. Hawke was your last true reformist, since then you guys have been an abomination.
Hawke (with backing from Keating and the union movement generally) was indeed an economic reforminst. Both sides of politics have been pretty shit since those days to be honest.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Simplistic nonense, fed to you by conservative-leaning media sources (but probably eagerly lapped-up by a conservative-leaning citizen).

Post globalisation (the floating of our dollar in the mid-80s), and alternative view is that the Libs were very lucky to preside over periods of worldwide economic booms before being turfed out for f**king things up (and Labor parties saddled with getting us out of the mess).

Hawke (with backing from Keating and the union movement generally) was indeed an economic reforminst. Both sides of politics have been pretty shit since those days to be honest.
You must thank god for that decade of Howard before the GFC and for Abbott resisting the globalists for so long, someone like that was not going to hang on for long. Trump was a nice return to (seemingly) caring about your own citizens, like China does when pretending to pay lip service to climate targets. Now we have what the left truly wanted, virtual signalling companies making it rain for their shareholders. How deliciou$

You must thank god for that decade of Howard before the GFC and for Abbott resisting the globalists for so long, someone like that was not going to hang on for long.
The only thing I thank Howard's long decade for personally is the (forced) gun control bit at the very start.
Trump was a nice return to (seemingly) caring about your own citizens, like China does when pretending to pay lip service to climate targets.
Trump is very good at rallying "his" people to action and donations. They seem to think he genuinely cares.
Now we have what the left truly wanted, virtual signalling companies making it rain for their shareholders. How deliciou$
I don't think we have what the left truly wanted/wants... just that companies have realised there's money to be made by appearance of (seemingly) caring too?

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors
Trump is very good at rallying "his" people to action and donations. They seem to think he genuinely cares.
Perception is reality, as they like to say.

For instance, if you are actually doing a great job at work but the powers that be think you are only average compared to your colleagues, which do you think actually matters? You see it all the time in the media, with Hayne before he was may be wrongfully convicted. The average person you would talk to on the street just glanced media headlines when you would converse with them and probably still have no idea. The perception was he was some demonic lunatic that was finally exposed. Rise and repeat with Pell.

The reality didn't matter. Trump appears to be doing good for his citizens, especially at the start he was delivering as promised. There were some troubling things not delivered on towards the end regarding what his base wanted from covid period and after his tenure, but he could literally have delivered a portion of what he promised and it would have been better than the 2016 alternative. The perception of life around that time on a micro level is reality, and it was smooth sailing.

Gronk looks at a Biden speech and sees Socrates.

Last edited:
With DPP not finding sufficient public interest in a fourth trial (in part I suspect to his time already served under previous verdicts), I guess this means former Eel Jarryd Hayne can now officially consider his "charges not proven"?

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, naked men in the showers with children is creepy but not criminal. I think it was more accepted in previous generations, before every merkin assumed every man (especially priests) were pedophiles.

I always showered naked with my cousin growing up. Wasn't a big deal.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't we erase him from our history? I say put him back. He has been found not guilty. A lot want to call him out for being a dick. I don't know him personally so won't judge him based on media stories. Same as Thurston really. None of my business and I don't know the full story so won't start acting like I do to stroke my ego.