What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued~Fat Coach

strider

Post Whore
The lights won't be any brighter anywhere else either ... unless he's gonna play top league soccer in europe, he will never get znything to match pro sport in the USA ... nrl in australia is no less ego boosting than any of his other options

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Whatever the f**k he ends up doing next he really needs to stick at it and become known again for his sporting exploits. He has become a bit of a laughing stock at the moment.

phantom eel

First Grade
HayneandSterlo.png

Avenger

Immortal
This is how rates Rugby League. So by that if he stays in Australia he may end up playing League after all.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Meh. I heard Hayne def had a future with the 49ers and just jumped. Then purely wanted to give the Fiji gig a go.

Apparently, it's not about the cash, just what he feels he is meant to do. So i'm told.

phantom eel

First Grade
Peter FitzSimons didn't miss today...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fit...tomic-met-the-fitz-files-20160714-gq6972.html

Stage set for Hayne's heroic return

Oh, the fun we've all had this week, trying to work out what this week's life-long dream for Jarryd Hayne will be, and just what he will go out after next.

Open the bowling for Australia, from the Randwick end, in the Ashes campaign? You didn't know that wearing the Baggy Green has always been an ambition of his? Or maybe, he will make a last-minute bid to crack our Synchronised Swimming team for Rio, as that, truly, is what he has always wanted to do since he was just a kid from Minto.

Perhaps, however, he will pursue his real calling, to ride a Melbourne Cup winner this year, if he can just get his body into shape in time. He's always dreamt of doing that!

Oh, go on with you. All good fun. Please don't send tedious emails with your theories on the Tall Poppy Syndrome and how this is just another sad example of it.

The most likely course for Hayne to pursue, of course, is that he will return to the Parramatta Eels car-crash, where, amid the debris of the worst and most scandal-plagued season of any club, anywhere, ever, he is guaranteed to be the MESSIAH, come again.

It was God's plan for him, all along!

Changing hearts and minds

Still, let the record show. If Hayne does end up back with the Eels in a week or two, it is more than passing strange, given his quote when he left the Eels and the NRL mid-contract, and in the lurch, in 2014.

"I think I'm done [with rugby league]," he declared. "I think for myself and for the club I think it is appropriate to move on to a new chapter in my life. I feel like I have done everything in the game."

God. He moves in mysterious ways.
What They Said

Jarryd Hayne: "It was hard to comprehend and understand at first why I came here. Why God put me here; but deep down I knew there was a reason and a purpose. God takes you places not so you can achieve what you set out for, but to play a part and help something greater than yourself." Preening pomposity pretending to be prayerful piety.

Kornstar

Coach
Whatever the f**k he ends up doing next he really needs to stick at it and become known again for his sporting exploits. He has become a bit of a laughing stock at the moment.

I agree with this. Whatever is next he needs to stay there. League is the safe option but it doesn't necessarily mean he will take it.

Meh. I heard Hayne def had a future with the 49ers and just jumped. Then purely wanted to give the Fiji gig a go.

Apparently, it's not about the cash, just what he feels he is meant to do. So i'm told.

There is nothing that I have heard on any of the NFL commentary I follow that suggested he wasn't doing everything right and impressing the right people. All were of the opinion from people within the 49ers that he was in their plans.

I still believe he realised that all the training he had to put in vs the amount of game time he would ultimately get wouldn't be enough for him as an athlete and more than likely his ego.

Avenger

Immortal
Foxsports just reported that Hayne is seated with the Eels at Penrith. Roosters mustn't be playing today.

phantom eel

First Grade
You reckon he rang fox and said... 'Hey merkins' I'm here to support my mates... Report that!
Well I wouldn't put it past him or his manager... and he did tweet at half time.

Apart from Mannah, does he have any mates left after walking out on his Parra contract a year early? There's not many guys left that played with him in 2014.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Apart from Mannah, does he have any mates left after walking out on his Parra contract a year early? There's not many guys left that played with him in 2014.[/QUOTE]

Gower, Alvaro, De Gois, Terepo, Ma'u, Edwards and then there's also the players that didn't play today in Norman, Taka, Radradra, Pritchard that would have been in the player's box. Then you also have Jennings and Scott who he played multiple origins alongside.

Latest posts