What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gronk

Staff member
3 years and 8 months

Has appealed right, could be out in 3 months?

In most cases you have to seek leave to appeal, based on the case law, the error in direction of the jury, new evidence OR severity of the sentence.

BTW if appeal is granted, he can then apply for bail again.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Former Titan Jarryd Hayne has really let his Gold Coast fans down and St George fans are relieved the former Titan wasn't signed prior to the assault.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I believe hayne didn't intentionly mean to do any harm, he is just such an arrogant dope, he thought he was untouchable and could get whatever he wanted.

Heavy price to pay, but suck shit to him. His arrogance was his undoing in all facets of his life.

emjaycee

Coach
Still one of the saddest and biggest falls to a Rugby League career I’ve ever seen.

And he only has himself to blame.
Totally agree.
He had the opportunity to be legend of the game. To have risen from very humble beginnings to become a millionaire playing the game he loved and be remembered as one of the most naturally gifted players ever.

I think his chasing the dream trip to the US and whoever supported him in that, failed to recognise that for a kid from a broken home, raised in housing commission in Minto and making it big in the NRL, the dream was reached..

I don’t know how the Jury could have found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I don’t condone sexual assault my argument is it’s his word vs hers. Same with Debelin. Who do you believe ?

I do agree however that Hayne is stupid for even putting himself in that position. And maybe for that he’s learning a very harsh lesson.

crocodile

Bench
I don’t know how the Jury could have found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I don’t condone sexual assault my argument is it’s his word vs hers. Same with Debelin. Who do you believe ?

I do agree however that Hayne is stupid for even putting himself in that position. And maybe for that he’s learning a very harsh lesson.
Yeah, I don't get that bit either. Surely it can't be beyond reasonable doubt. Anyway, I didn't hear the testimonies. Ultimately, Pell was acquitted unanimously by the high court on similar grounds. The appeal, if granted, will be interesting.

Snoochies

First Grade

Think this bit of evidence was one of they key bits.

'She recorded a short video, showing the blood covering her bed, doona and pillows, which she sent to a friend.

The video, which was played to the jury, shows blood at the head of the bed, which backed up the woman’s account that she began inching up the bed when he began performing the sexual acts on her.'
Jarryd Hayne guilty: Bloody video that helped convict NRL star (news.com.au)

Gronk

Staff member
I believe hayne didn't intentionly mean to do any harm, he is just such an arrogant dope, he thought he was untouchable and could get whatever he wanted.

Heavy price to pay, but suck shit to him. His arrogance was his undoing in all facets of his life.
100%

strider

Post Whore
Totally agree.
He had the opportunity to be legend of the game. To have risen from very humble beginnings to become a millionaire playing the game he loved and be remembered as one of the most naturally gifted players ever.

I think his chasing the dream trip to the US and whoever supported him in that, failed to recognise that for a kid from a broken home, raised in housing commission in Minto and making it big in the NRL, the dream was reached..
God made him do it

Latest posts