What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne signs with Gold Coast

You are denser than words can describe. If he plays this weekend it will mean that he is registered. Currently he is not. His contract would be on it's way to Moore Park at the moment where it will be registered.

Don't worry though. While you'll never get it, the rest of the world will. We'll move on with our lives while you'll continue to obsess over your inability to grasp simple legal terms masquerading as a higher knowledge of rugby league administration.

Just make sure you don't burn my onions. They go bitter when overdone. It's a fine balance.
Hahaha. Do you seriously think his contract is the same as his registration?

FMD. And you think you're some kind of legal whiz. You must be the Denis Denuto of rugby league lawyers.

"It's just the vibe"

ek999

First Grade
ECT if this is the document you are basing your outrage on it will be completely irrelevant to the NRL competition

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=35760246

Yes the NRL Premiership is a competition under ARLC control but there are other agreements such as the club licences and the CBA with the players that can override this. Unless if you have seen both of those plus any other agreements that are in place that are covering the NRL specifically you have no idea what your are talking about

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Hahaha. Do you seriously think his contract is the same as his registration?

FMD. And you think you're some kind of legal whiz. You must be the Denis Denuto of rugby league lawyers.

"It's just the vibe"

His contract is required for registration. I didn't say it WAS the registration. Do yourself a favour and do some reading about definitions.

You're welcome.

His contract is required for registration. I didn't say it WAS the registration. Do yourself a favour and do some reading about definitions.

You're welcome.
Lol nice backtracking. You said he's not registered yet because his contract was on its way to Moore Park. But his registration has nothing to do with his contract. Hahaha.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Lol nice backtracking. You said he's not registered yet because his contract was on its way to Moore Park. But his registration has nothing to do with his contract. Hahaha.

Ah no. But nice try. He's not currently registered yet because the NRL de-registered him when he left. Look up the definition of 'loophole'.

You know someone if flailing when they start over compensating with LOLs and hahahas.

I'm not going to do any more of the work for you.

ECT if this is the document you are basing your outrage on it will be completely irrelevant to the NRL competition

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=35760246

Yes the NRL Premiership is a competition under ARLC control but there are other agreements such as the club licences and the CBA with the players that can override this. Unless if you have seen both of those plus any other agreements that are in place that are covering the NRL specifically you have no idea what your are talking about

So the national policy is irrelevant to the national rugby league. Riiight. A very convenient but unsubstantiated assertion. If there were competition specific rules or an allowance for such alterations this would be spelled out in the policy, like it is for the registration policy. There is no such clause.

unforgiven

Bench
He would have to fill in a registration form. That registration form does state that he needs a clearance to play.

BM1979

Juniors
Ah no. But nice try. He's not currently registered yet because the NRL de-registered him when he left. Look up the definition of 'loophole'.

You know someone if flailing when they start over compensating with LOLs and hahahas.

The registration form specifically states he needs a clearance to play if he has played League previously

Someone

Bench
I have nothing against the Titans, it's great that he's joined a lowly club, not Parramatta.

He's a superstar of NRL, not an ex-NFL / Rugby 7s player. If my team was competing for a top 8 position with the Titans & all of a sudden they picked up 1 of the best players the NRL has seen in the last 10 years, outside previously accepted guidelines, I'd be dirty.

i love how people harp on about fairness but the same whingers don't bat an eyelid when said team competes in the competition for roughly the full regular season 1 million or so dollars under the cap and a million or so dollars under every other team.

the titans have been brought up to everyone elses standards. it isn't unfair unless they are over the cap.

Lambretta

First Grade
Once Trump builds the wall between the US and Mexico, I suggest we buy a group flight and bang our heads against it for a few days. It will be just like this discussion with ECT

Plenty of players are unregistered when they sign up. Then they get a clearance, as per the rules. It is irrelevant. The need for a clearance is in not affected by whether a bloke is registered or not. And you have no idea if he's registered or not. They could have registered him today. Either way, it is irrelevant to his need for a clearance.

But you keep trying to play the lawyer Denis.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
LOL@ECT, the deal is done and the NRL have approved it. Sooking on this forum over a stupid little "rule" that you desperately want enforced is f**king idiotic.

You are literally too stupid to insult

Nice Beaver

First Grade
This is a meltdown to rival some of the greats.........

"The world is square, the world is square!!!"

Once Trump builds the wall between the US and Mexico, I suggest we buy a group flight and bang our heads against it for a few days. It will be just like this discussion with ECT
Yeah, and you lot are like Trump in the discussion, completely f**king ignorant but still talking plenty of shit regardless.