What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne the lair

Frailty

First Grade
So you are pretty sure how sure are you?

Its a sad state of affair on a forum for people to have a differing view? And Warranted criticism? So you know he was trying to be a show pony? ( i get it, he saw Dugan do it in his debut season and thought he needed to get one up so El Diablo could use it on these forums to bag out Bogan some more...)

Warranted criticisms of Hayne:
  • Stuffed up grounding a certain try to go for 'miraculous play'... Dumb play no?
  • Staying down pretending to be injured
  • Headbutting players twice
  • Multiple off field incidents
  • Dumb plays like throwing the ball into row 10 at ANZ stadium because he didn't want to look.
  • Poor defensive reads when playing fullback (his defence is better when he is in the defensive line)
  • Arrogance - crying poor because he could get offered more to play AFL

None of this is warranted? It would be foolish to claim otherwise. Do other players do similar things? Yes. And they also get called out on it - i.e. Watmough, Matai, Inglis, Marshall, Dugan, Gallen, etc. It seems if anyone mentions anything remotely negative about Hayne, he has an army come in and personally attack those people for their opinions.

Not to mention the claim that channel nine don't like him.... That is one of the biggest and blatant lies I had ever read on these forums.

Y2Eel

First Grade
  • Stuffed up grounding a certain try to go for 'miraculous play'... Dumb play no?
  • Staying down pretending to be injured
  • Dumb plays like throwing the ball into row 10 at ANZ stadium because he didn't want to look.
  • Poor defensive reads when playing fullback (his defence is better when he is in the defensive line)

None of this is warranted? It would be foolish to claim otherwise. Do other players do similar things? Yes. And they also get called out on it - i.e. Watmough, Matai, Inglis, Marshall, Dugan, Gallen, etc. It seems if anyone mentions anything remotely negative about Hayne, he has an army come in and personally attack those people for their opinions.

Not to mention the claim that channel nine don't like him.... That is one of the biggest and blatant lies I had ever read on these forums.

I was talking more about this thread of course he has done stupid things that warrant a reaction....

But can you say 100% he was trying to show boat?

You also skipped my question about you being sure of the Eels record this year without Hayne..

Loudstrat

Coach
  • Dumb play. Made up for it by delivering a great try assist moments later. In fact, in 2011 he is 5th overall in try assists and third in linebreak assists, in a club that is 13th in points scored.
Staying down pretending to be injured
And you became a doctor when....?

Which he was done for twice. And both headbutts were soft. Meanwhile I had a look for your criticisms of Billy Slaters kicking history, couldnt quite find that one champ.
    He hasnt had one that was his fault in years. People bag him for being shot at ffs.
    Compared to the plays that come off - which you wont mention. He averages a tad better than a try every second game at all levels over around 150 games.
    Which is a minor criticism and just here to make up the numbers
    Which he did - and knocked them back. Again, I checked the cutie and Folau threads, and also the SBW, Sailor, Tequiri, Rogers threads looking for your criticisms, and gee my search engine must be stuffed, because I couldnt find any anywhere either

When a slander thread gets put up starting with "Sucked in Hayne", what would you expect? How about the army of geniuss that bagged him when he saved that drowning girl????

Downie

Guest Moderator
My biggest criticism of Hayne is that I was in the bathroom with him once at the Albion and he walked out without washing his hands. Shocking behaviour from a supposed role model.

Loudstrat

Coach
My biggest criticism of Hayne is that I was in the bathroom with him once at the Albion and he walked out without washing his hands. Shocking behaviour from a supposed role model.
Maybe he didnt piss on his hands.

(Waiting for a Raider fan to claim that Josh Dugan does)

Far Canal

Juniors
LOL@ Hayne is carrying his team...

Pretty sure Parra have a better record this year without Hayne.

Hayne is a good player, I don't think anyone has doubted this at all - but it is a sad state of affairs when people object to any criticism thrown his way... Especially warranted criticisms.

1. Why would you LOL on the point that Hayne carries the team? Have you had a close look at the Parra backline?

2. Are you pretty sure that Parra have a better record w/o Hayne? At the end of round 21 Parra had played 19 games, won 5 , lost 13 and drawn 1 with 2 byes. Within those 19 games, Hayne has played 16 games. The games he missed were rd 7 v the Titans which the Eels managed to win on the final play 22-18 , rd 8 where they were thumped by the Dragons 30-0 and rd 17 where they lost to the Broncos 12-16 --> so they lost 2 out of the 3 games Hayne did not play. You may want to reconsider your "pretty sure" comment.

3. People do not object to criticism of him (least of all Parra supporters) but it does not mean that people with hidden agendas (i.e. the ones who do not like him as a player full stop) can have cheap unwarranted potshots.