What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Doesn't matter that i lost 8 billion dollars on the Melb Cup knowing that Hayne still holds the record for most world cup tries

The GOAT cures all sadness

Dogs Of War

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...e/news-story/4841372f23d73d3ae123429db56c2955

JARRYD Hayne will reportedly join the Parramatta Eels in 2018, but won’t ask for a release from the Gold Coast Titans until January.

Reports surfaced earlier this month suggesting the representative fullback wanted out of the Queensland club so he could move back to Sydney to be closer to his family. He denied those allegations but it’s been revealed he will be back wearing the blue and gold next season.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield said on NRL 360 on Monday night Hayne was all but guaranteed to play for Parramatta again in 2018, but will wait until early next year before telling his current employer so he can pocket an extra $180,000.

The NRL’s financial year runs from November 1 to October 31 and although he won’t return to Titans’ pre-season training until next year because of his World Cup commitments with Fiji, Hayne still stands to earn plenty of coin while he’s away.

Rothfield said the NSW Origin star’s bank account will receive a $90,000 injection in November and again in December for “holiday pay” because he is still contracted to the Titans, where he earns a reported $1.2 million a season. If he was to ask the club for an immediate release he would forfeit those payments.

The bonus $180,000 for effectively doing nothing would make it easier for the 29-year-old to take the pay cut that’s required to wear the Eels jersey again. It’s been reported Parramatta will only pay him $500,000 per season — a substantial drop in income for one of the NRL’s few million dollar men.

Hayne is off contract at the end of next season and took up an option in his contract earlier this year to extend his stay on the glitter strip until the end of 2018 — a decision he’s set to backflip on.

Per the Daily Telegraph, Parramatta coach Brad Arthur said: “If Jarryd wants to come and play on our terms and if he gets released, we’ll obviously be looking at it. We’ll see what happens.”

NRL great Matthew Johns said although Hayne has played his best football at fullback and is starring at five-eighth for Fiji in its run to the World Cup semi-finals, he sees the two-time Dally M Medal winner slotting into the centres at the Eels.

“The big point for me is where does he play, because he’s doing great things for Fiji in the No. 6 jersey but (Eels halves) Mitchell Moses and Corey Norman could turn out to be the best halfback and five-eighth combination in the competition,” Johns told the Triple M Grill Team on Tuesday.

“I love (Clint) Gutherson at fullback — he’s got young legs, he’s got plenty of energy in the way he plays, he can pop up all over the field. I think Hayne will play in the centres.”

Johns also raised the “awkward” point of who would fork out the $180,000 in holiday pay if Hayne waits until January to ask for a release.

The Titans are in the process of going from an NRL-owned club to a privately-owned club. Former Gold Coast chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle, who stepped down this year, joined a consortium with former co-owner Darryl Kelly to be part of the bidding process for the club, and are expected to be successful.

Johns said the new owners would likely demand the NRL pay Hayne out of its own pocket if he bailed next year.

“For them to read this this morning is an awkward one because they’re in a transitional period from the NRL owning the Titans to being handed over to private ownership, which is expected to be Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly,” Johns said.

“If I’m Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly reading this I’m saying to the NRL, ‘You’re picking up the tab there, there is no way (we are paying it).’”

Last week Parramatta CEO Bernie Gurr refused to rule out Hayne playing the role of Prodigal Son and returning to the club where he started his NRL career,

Gurr was given the opportunity to shut down speculation at a sponsorship announcement on Wednesday, but said: “We don’t discuss our recruitment strategy publicly. This is not the forum today.” The position represents a change of tack for Gurr.

In May, he spoke openly about the club’s desire to lure Titans hooker Nathan Peats back to the Eels, also revealing then there had been no approach from Hayne.

The Eels have been discouraged to recruit Hayne, with club great Peter Sterling urging them to instead retain their faith in fullback prospects Gutherson and Bevan French.

Both players were reluctant to weigh into Hayne’s possible arrival given his contract with the Gold Coast, with Gutherson claiming to have not spoken to teammates about the possibility.

French said he did not believe Hayne was required for premiership success.

“Whether he comes or not, we’re pretty happy with what we’ve got here,” French told reporters last week.

“He’s got that X-factor about him and he’s a freakish player ... (but) if he doesn’t come, I don’t think we’ll be too disappointed.

“We’re pretty confident with what we have now.”

Thats pretty crappy if that's what he is doing. Titans with some of the movement that is happening with players currently could pick up some decent role players as teams make room, but him just being so greedy is stopping that. At least if he manned up and starting speak with the club, he could maybe get some sort of payout so the club could move on in another direction.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
or he could simply be busy at a world cup? :rolleyes: rothfield deadset

Considering cronk had time to sign a contract I’m sure he would. Hayne could sign the contracts when the rest of the fiji team are training. He’s good for that. And if by chance he does train, his agent could do the ground work. That’s clearly what’s happening here.

If I was the titans I would force Jarryd to make a decision before he goes on holidays. He has told his team mates that he is here to stay. He told the club he is committed. Now if what is being said transpired, the titans should be filthy. He has taken the piss out of the titans from the start. Yes that’s the risk titans took, but they have more than suffered under Haynes time at the titans.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Considering cronk had time to sign a contract I’m sure he would. Hayne could sign the contracts when the rest of the fiji team are training. He’s good for that. And if by chance he does train, his agent could do the ground work. That’s clearly what’s happening here.

If I was the titans I would force Jarryd to make a decision before he goes on holidays. He has told his team mates that he is here to stay. He told the club he is committed. Now if what is being said transpired, the titans should be filthy. He has taken the piss out of the titans from the start. Yes that’s the risk titans took, but they have more than suffered under Haynes time at the titans.

cronk was out of contract. hayne is not. hayne don't need to do shit just like when cronk announced he was leaving melbourne and pretended like he might retire for 3 months taking your club for a ride with post football options

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
cronk was out of contract. hayne is not. hayne don't need to do shit just like when cronk announced he was leaving melbourne and pretended like he might retire for 3 months taking your club for a ride with post football options

Your right cronk was out of contract. His contract finished on the 31 October. Unless an agreement was made from the storm which I doubt he wouldn’t of been paid from the club after the 31st. It’s no real surprise he signed not long after that date to save from not having a club income (Aus payments would help that) From my knowledge all players contracts finish on the 31st October on there final year.

News had been leaked that hayne wasn’t happy. He denied those rumors and told the club and players he was there to stay. That will be his downfall. Nov,Dec,Jan wages are all counted to 2018 salary cap. Why should titans pay when they have a good idea he wants out? I don’t have a problem for him to be paid till the end of this World Cup. Now I think Nrl players get 8 weeks break which means he will be back at the end of January for training, which would mean he would be paid December and January and then leave to parra. Like I said, If hayne does go to parra, titans should ask for compensation. As we speak I’m sure titans are talking to Haynes manager to asking for him to commit or F off.

Anyway chances are he’ll have another dream soon!

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Your right cronk was out of contract. His contract finished on the 31 October. Unless an agreement was made from the storm which I doubt he wouldn’t of been paid from the club after the 31st. It’s no real surprise he signed not long after that date to save from not having a club income (Aus payments would help that) From my knowledge all players contracts finish on the 31st October on there final year.

News had been leaked that hayne wasn’t happy. He denied those rumors and told the club and players he was there to stay. That will be his downfall. Nov,Dec,Jan wages are all counted to 2018 salary cap. Why should titans pay when they have a good idea he wants out? I don’t have a problem for him to be paid till the end of this World Cup. Now I think Nrl players get 8 weeks break which means he will be back at the end of January for training, which would mean he would be paid December and January and then leave to parra. Like I said, If hayne does go to parra, titans should ask for compensation. As we speak I’m sure titans are talking to Haynes manager to asking for him to commit or F off.

Anyway chances are he’ll have another dream soon!

think you need to stop scoffing down buzz's bullshit like a buffet...

how do you know the titans won't factor in the money he's earnt already with respect to them approving any release?

at the end of the day,....they've got to give him a release. it's their decision, no one is twisting their arm.

Dogs Of War

Coach
or he could simply be busy at a world cup? :rolleyes: rothfield deadset

Or as I said, he could come clean work out some sort of agreement with the Titans, and then the Titans could work out something so they could grab some players in this years silly season.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
think you need to stop scoffing down buzz's bullshit like a buffet...

how do you know the titans won't factor in the money he's earnt already with respect to them approving any release?

at the end of the day,....they've got to give him a release. it's their decision, no one is twisting their arm.

It’s not buzz’s bullshit at all. Every reporter alive is convering this story and saying the same. Where there is smoke there is fire.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
It’s not buzz’s bullshit at all. Every reporter alive is convering this story and saying the same. Where there is smoke there is fire.

he may well be keen on seeking a release.
the eels may well be keen on signing on him....

those reports are abundant. what is not is the manure you're being fed that the titans have no choice but to agree to release him and that they are incapable of negotiating a fair outcome. bottom line hayne is o/s, and 1+1 doesn't equal 3