What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

The following is from the NRL's website -

Meninga lashes Hayne over Titans
Thu 02 Nov, 2017, 10:45am
By Michael Chammas‌, Chief Reporter‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MichaelChammas

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga has savaged Jarryd Hayne over suggestions he is looking to walk out on the Gold Coast Titans next year to return to Sydney, describing it as "pretty ordinary".

Speaking in Canberra before Friday's World Cup clash against France, Meninga said Hayne hadn't earned the right to walk out on the Titans given his inability to repay the club's investment in him when he returned from the NFL.

"I think he's let the Titans down," Meninga said.

"If he leaves the club, he hasn't played well enough to do that. He needs to make sure he stays at the club and plays the best he possibly can for them. The way they have invested in him, he hasn't invested back to the club."

NRL.com understands the Parramatta Eels are the frontrunners for his signature given their history and the amount of money available in their salary cap, but it's the timing of the latest revelations that has upset Meninga the most.

Gold Coast's sacking of coach Neil Henry was viewed as a move which would appease Hayne given their prickly relationship.

The club was hopeful Henry's replacement, Garth Brennan, would be successful in getting the best out of Hayne.

However, the Daily Telegraph reported Hayne's agent Wayne Beavis had been told by the fullback he wanted to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

"Yeah, I agree with that," Meninga said when asked if it was particular poor form given Henry's demise.

"I reckon it's pretty ordinary what has happened there. That's just my thoughts."

Meninga said he didn't have a problem with players leaving clubs but was adamant players needed to earn the right to move on through their performances.

"I don't mind that but as long as they are committed to the club they are currently at," Meninga said.

"If they put the effort in through the year and they choose to leave then I'm happy with that. If you don't put the effort in and you let your mates down and your club down, then you have an obligation to stay at the club and do the right thing by them."

Asked if his attitude was the reason he was left out of the Kangaroos squad, Meninga said: "Not really, he wasn't playing well enough".

In response to reports, the Titans put out a statement emphasising that no request for release had been received by the club.

"Jarryd Hayne is contracted to the Titans for the 2018 season," the statement read.

"The Titans have not been in negotiation with any other club regarding the future of Jarryd Hayne. There has been no application made for Jarryd to be released from his Titans contract.

"It is the Titans expectation that Jarryd will return for pre-season training after his World Cup commitments with Fiji, and his annual leave entitlements, have been completed.

"The club will not be making any further comment on the matter unless any of the above circumstances unexpectedly change."

Spade

Juniors
the f**kwit will be at Gold Coast, the dickheads just putting feelers out there to see if anyone is keen which they won't be. Warritahs won't be keen because he can't play for Australia.

Lambretta

First Grade
I agree - this is a "test the water" strategy by Hayne's manager

No club in Sydney (least of all the Roosters) want a bar of him
He is an absolute cockwomble for even thinking about leaving the Gold Coast before he has put in all on the line for them

They paid him a massive contract when no one else would. He is absolutely f**king delusional if he thinks anyone else in Rugby League wants him at any price.

Vee

First Grade
I agree - this is a "test the water" strategy by Hayne's manager

No club in Sydney (least of all the Roosters) want a bar of him
He is an absolute cockwomble for even thinking about leaving the Gold Coast before he has put in all on the line for them

They paid him a massive contract when no one else would. He is absolutely f**king delusional if he thinks anyone else in Rugby League wants him at any price.
Cockwomble - that’s great, one of your best.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone should be encouraged to follow their dreams...

Titans might be dodging a bullet here, since arriving their performances on the field have got worse, they've lost a decent coach and the number of fans attending games and buying memberships has reduced. The guy is a Jonah!

King hit

Coach
The NRL should just really sack up and fold the Titans. The Gold Coast is aids for sport. Every sporting venture that has been attempted there has failed badly.

DC_fan

Coach
Everyone should be encouraged to follow their dreams...

Titans might be dodging a bullet here, since arriving their performances on the field have got worse, they've lost a decent coach and the number of fans attending games and buying memberships has reduced. The guy is a Jonah!

I am following mine.

Hayne gained my respect when he moved to the US to play for the 49ers in a sport he had never played before. Where many here said he was wasting his time, I supported him. He lost my respect 12 months later when he walked out of the 49ers. I do not like Hayne, I have no respect for him as a player or as a person. He is a quitter. I would not want him as a teammate or as a friend. Since his return to the NRL I have refused to watch any of his games, and will continue to do so till he retires. Which cannot come soon enough for me, or more importantly for the game. Hayne does not care about his fellow players or the game, he just cares about himself.

typicalfan

Coach
I am following mine.

Hayne gained my respect when he moved to the US to play for the 49ers in a sport he had never played before. Where many here said he was wasting his time, I supported him. He lost my respect 12 months later when he walked out of the 49ers. I do not like Hayne, I have no respect for him as a player or as a person. He is a quitter. I would not want him as a teammate or as a friend. Since his return to the NRL I have refused to watch any of his games, and will continue to do so till he retires. Which cannot come soon enough for me, or more importantly for the game. Hayne does not care about his fellow players or the game, he just cares about himself.
This has always been the case it’s only further highlighted. I respect him as an athlete, has the raw ability to be a champion but isn’t one. Compare him to Billy Slater in 2017 in regards to comebacks.

Hayne makes a lot of noise about being a Christian. Now he has exposed his hypocrisy. He runs out on his team mates and the people who have paid paid him a fortune, after ruining the career of his coach Neil Henry. The guy has no morals. His Christianity is utterly phoney.

Gold Coast will get more value out the drunkard Todd Carney.

M2D2

Bench
Hayne went over to the USA, and lost any kind of humbleness and became just another American sports player.

Hayne went over to the USA, and lost any kind of humbleness and became just another American sports player.

No he didn't. Americans are not quitters. Hayne quit on the San Francisco 49ers because he did not know how to study the new coach's playbook. He admitted that. He is a high school dropout and a no-hoper.