What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

Lambretta

First Grade
It will make Mitchell Pearce feel a little better - the heat will be off him for a while.
I think Hayne's heart is with Parra - no other team could bring out the best in him at this point in time. They should take him on (on a greatly reduced salary) for a year and see what happens.

I feel sorry for the Titans through all this
Jarryd signed for huge money promising the earth
He has delivered sweet fanny adams and now he wants to go back to Sydney

So if he does the Titans lose a player - and the new club pays a fraction of his salary while a whole chunk of the money sits on the Titans books so they can't sign anyone else. Personally I wouldn't entertain him

If it was me, I would give Jarryd three options
  • Commit to the Titans 100% and there had better be no arguments with the coach - you have to train 100% of the time and fulfill every commitment asked of you - there cannot be a single newspaper article written from rumours coming from you, your manager or anyone associated with you about wanting to leave the Titans
  • You can go if another club pays 100% of your contract price - not a single f**king cent under
  • Or you can go f**k yourself and rot in reserve grade. Let's see what you're worth when you're 30 and haven't played at NRL level for another 12 months

gUt

Coach
Just on the thread title: how does a plane walk?

300px-Starscreamg1.jpg

Again we get all fired up over something that Phil Rothfield and Danny Weidler put out there?

It may or may not be true but I'm not going to spit on anyone based on anything reported by those scumfux

Incorrect

Coach
I feel sorry for the Titans through all this
Jarryd signed for huge money promising the earth
He has delivered sweet fanny adams and now he wants to go back to Sydney

So if he does the Titans lose a player - and the new club pays a fraction of his salary while a whole chunk of the money sits on the Titans books so they can't sign anyone else. Personally I wouldn't entertain him

If it was me, I would give Jarryd three options
  • Commit to the Titans 100% and there had better be no arguments with the coach - you have to train 100% of the time and fulfill every commitment asked of you - there cannot be a single newspaper article written from rumours coming from you, your manager or anyone associated with you about wanting to leave the Titans
  • You can go if another club pays 100% of your contract price - not a single f**king cent under
  • Or you can go f**k yourself and rot in reserve grade. Let's see what you're worth when you're 30 and haven't played at NRL level for another 12 months

The reality of each of your scenarios is;

• Commit to the Titans 100% and there had better be no arguments with the coach - you have to train 100% of the time and fulfill every commitment asked of you - there cannot be a single newspaper article written from rumours coming from you, your manager or anyone associated with you about wanting to leave the Titans - Impossible. He was already clearly not buying what the Titans team/organisation was trying to sell him throughout 2017, there's even less chance of it happening now that he is apparently looking to get the f**k out of there. So yeah, this is simply not a realistic option anymore
  • You can go if another club pays 100% of your contract price - not a single f**king cent under - Next to impossible. Perhaps under a player swap this could eventuate but it would mean Titans picking up 1 or 2 players from another club worth 1.2 million and the otehr club happily paying Hayne what they were going to pay 2 players (and decent players at that if they have a combined salary of 1.2 million). Dogs maybe could do it if they traded Beastwood and his alleged $600K+ salary and Hopoate or some shit like that... Don't see that being a win for the Titans either tbh...
  • Or you can go f**k yourself and rot in reserve grade. Let's see what you're worth when you're 30 and haven't played at NRL level for another 12 months - Again, this won't happen, but if he did end up running around QLD Cup and collected 1.2 million bananas for it in 2018, I bet there would be a few clubs willing to pay him half a million bananas in 2019...
The reality is the Titans seem almost as desperate (maybe more) to get rid of Hayne as he is to leave and paying anywhere between $300K and $600K for him to f**k off somewhere else will probably feel like a win to them... Clearly he has been a distracting influence to the playing group up there and has basically ruined Neil Henry's coaching career (debatable whether Henry was all that much chop to begin with) so if the Titans can pay 50-75% of Hayne's 2018 salary on someone else and pick up 25-50% of Hayne's salary to play somewhere (anywhere!) other than Robina it will be a positive for them.

The reality of each of your scenarios is;

• Commit to the Titans 100% and there had better be no arguments with the coach - you have to train 100% of the time and fulfill every commitment asked of you - there cannot be a single newspaper article written from rumours coming from you, your manager or anyone associated with you about wanting to leave the Titans - Impossible. He was already clearly not buying what the Titans team/organisation was trying to sell him throughout 2017, there's even less chance of it happening now that he is apparently looking to get the f**k out of there. So yeah, this is simply not a realistic option anymore
  • You can go if another club pays 100% of your contract price - not a single f**king cent under - Next to impossible. Perhaps under a player swap this could eventuate but it would mean Titans picking up 1 or 2 players from another club worth 1.2 million and the otehr club happily paying Hayne what they were going to pay 2 players (and decent players at that if they have a combined salary of 1.2 million). Dogs maybe could do it if they traded Beastwood and his alleged $600K+ salary and Hopoate or some shit like that... Don't see that being a win for the Titans either tbh...
  • Or you can go f**k yourself and rot in reserve grade. Let's see what you're worth when you're 30 and haven't played at NRL level for another 12 months - Again, this won't happen, but if he did end up running around QLD Cup and collected 1.2 million bananas for it in 2018, I bet there would be a few clubs willing to pay him half a million bananas in 2019...
The reality is the Titans seem almost as desperate (maybe more) to get rid of Hayne as he is to leave and paying anywhere between $300K and $600K for him to f**k off somewhere else will probably feel like a win to them... Clearly he has been a distracting influence to the playing group up there and has basically ruined Neil Henry's coaching career (debatable whether Henry was all that much chop to begin with) so if the Titans can pay 50-75% of Hayne's 2018 salary on someone else and pick up 25-50% of Hayne's salary to play somewhere (anywhere!) other than Robina it will be a positive for them.

The thing you are ignoring though is the state of the Titans finances. They may not be in a position where they can afford to pay him out. Further more, why should they? If you set a precedent for Hayne, just about every other player who becomes disgruntled will try it on too "pay me to go away". No one with any shred of business sense would do it, especially at a club which is not financially robust like the Titans.

Lambretta

First Grade

I know, I was saying what I would do if it were me

You're 100% correct and if I were at the Titans I would be desperate to get rid of the twat as well
BUT and this is a HUGE but, what happens next time a player wants to walk out on his obligations?
Precedence says they can throw a tanty, move where they want and still take all the moolah

Unless clubs take some real short term pain they're going to be held hostage by the likes of Hayne over and over again.

If they play hardball and tell em to go get f**ked (even if its to their own detriment) players won't be so keen to try it again in the future

GongPanther

Referee
It will make Mitchell Pearce feel a little better - the heat will be off him for a while.
I think Hayne's heart is with Parra - no other team could bring out the best in him at this point in time. They should take him on (on a greatly reduced salary) for a year and see what happens.

Home is where the heart is as they say.But Hayne going to Parra IMO has fook-all to do with him longing because he misses the place.

It's all about exposure and being a bigger fish in a bigger tank.Parra are a certain top 8 side in most eyes.With Hayne going there,it gives himself the biggest chance of getting in the finals,and being seen by world wide viewers,including the U.S.

He craves the attention he once had when he was in the Australian national spotlight when he was with S.F.

IMO,Hayne is coming to the realisation that being in the GC is not the kind of exposure magnet he thought it would be.Now he is lamenting that move,and to add that he has met his match with coach Brennan who is an ex-copper,and very well knows how to deal with all sorts of personalities,especially Hayne's.

ed-grimley

Bench
Home is where the heart is as they say.But Hayne going to Parra IMO has fook-all to do with him longing because he misses the place.

It's all about exposure and being a bigger fish in a bigger tank.Parra are a certain top 8 side in most eyes.With Hayne going there,it gives himself the biggest chance of getting in the finals,and being seen by world wide viewers,including the U.S.

He craves the attention he once had when he was in the Australian national spotlight when he was with S.F.

IMO,Hayne is coming to the realisation that being in the GC is not the kind of exposure magnet he thought it would be.Now he is lamenting that move,and to add that he has met his match with coach Brennan who is an ex-copper,and very well knows how to deal with all sorts of personalities,especially Hayne's.
If i wanted exposure in the US Parra would be the first place I'd go to.

Vee

First Grade
The thing you are ignoring though is the state of the Titans finances. They may not be in a position where they can afford to pay him out. Further more, why should they? If you set a precedent for Hayne, just about every other player who becomes disgruntled will try it on too "pay me to go away". No one with any shred of business sense would do it, especially at a club which is not financially robust like the Titans.
Except that it's already the norm. The Titans have budgeted to pay the dreamer $1.2M. If they, say, pay half his salary, or even less if they play hardball, to get him off the books, they can get 1 or 2 solid FGers in his place and they are in a better place for the same money.

The bit I can't fathom is what club would want to risk the disruption and drama? Only Parra, rolling the dice on him turning back the clock for half his salary (to them). Big call.

Except that it's already the norm. The Titans have budgeted to pay the dreamer $1.2M. If they, say, pay half his salary to get him off the books, they can get 1 or 2 solid FGers in his place and they are in a better place for the same money.

It's already the norm huh? Tell me where. I'd like to know where clubs have paid out a player where the player (and not the club) requested a release to join another club.

As I said, you set a bad precedent by paying him anything in these circumstances. Hayne wants out for his own selfish reasons. As such if he requests a release, the Titans would be under zero obligation to pay him out. Doing so would be bad business in the long term. Do you seriously think teams like the Broncos, Bulldogs or Roosters would pay a player out if they were in the Titans position? Of course they wouldn't as their management would know it makes bad business sense long term as it sets a bad precedent.

Also where are the Titans going to find the 1-2 first grade players for 2018 at this stage of the year? There aren't exactly that many who are unsigned this late in the year who are going to be in the mid-tier price range.