What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne's Eels future getting murkier

natheel

Coach
558181_10150707644212375_666797374_9407953_1744818299_n.jpg

guruminga

Juniors
Well, this isn't the first time we've heard of this rumour.

I by no means think the players are wrong if thats what they think of Hayne's attitude at training, but he is still the one delivering on the field more than the others.

It's like in school, those students that wouldn't study at all and top the class, and then there are others that study their arse off only to just pass.

I know that Hindmarsh has had complaints made against him by former players (none are still at the club that I know of) and there is no way in hell we would have let Hindy go.

Money talks, Jarryd not not only draws crowds, he wins matches.

I believe you left out one other group of students (of which I was a member). The ones who wouldn't study and didn't pass. :oops:

G

cgee221

Juniors
Well, this isn't the first time we've heard of this rumour.

I by no means think the players are wrong if thats what they think of Hayne's attitude at training, but he is still the one delivering on the field more than the others.

It's like in school, those students that wouldn't study at all and top the class, and then there are others that study their arse off only to just pass.

I know that Hindmarsh has had complaints made against him by former players (none are still at the club that I know of) and there is no way in hell we would have let Hindy go.

Money talks, Jarryd not not only draws crowds, he wins matches.

I'll share an interesting concept here....

I'm not going to lie, I was one of those students that did little study and would top the class and other people who put in more hours of study then I did, only just passed. Needless to say people would get p*ssed off at me, but does that make me lazier than them?

Of course not and I'll explain why.

I had strategies in place that ensured I would get the maximum marks I could with the least amount of studying. It's called efficiency and something all businesses strive to have. I discovered early on what worked for me and I consistently and repeatedly implemented it to achieve continual success.

The last place I wanted to be was studying or reading school text books. So I manufactured a system to ensure I spent the least amount of time possible near them. I had a sporting and social life outside of that, that I valued more and was more enjoyable to me than being stuck behind textbooks. I didn't care about school (but I never disrespected the teachers or what they were doing for us), I cared about playing footy; watching the eels on the weekend; hanging with my friends; spending time with loved ones. That's how I wanted to spend my time.

The point I'm getting to here is that EFFORT DOES NOT EQUAL REWARD.

If your goal is to see a sunset and you're running east, try as hard as you may you will never ever see a sunset.

You need the right STRATEGY in place first. Start running west! Then you will see your sunset!

That's what I did with my studying. The people who were putting "more effort" in were running east, I was going west. So I seemingly did nothing on the surface to them, because I studied less than they did, but really I did A HELL of a lot more then they ever did because I walked the right way instead of the wrong way. They HAD to do that extra study because they went east and it still didn't serve them. I didn't have to do extra study because I went west and did all that required to do to get the marks I wanted.

Maybe the reason why Jarryd is so damn skilled and great at what he does is because he has certain strategies in place (ones he may not even and probably isn't aware of consciously) that make him the cream of the crop and he just continually applies things that other players don't.

Jarryd may be walking west while everyone else is running as fast as they can east? I don't know? But at the end of the day, he is successful for a reason and there's obviously things he does that make him successful and things that he does effectively that other people may not.

If you ask me that doesn't make him lazy (if he is indeed seen this way and none of this post has been directed at you Tezza, just quoting you because you brought it up), it makes him damn smart and he's efficient and effective as a result! And if other people are criticizing his attitude maybe they should see what he does underneath the surface and model him? After all success leaves a series of clues and there is probably things that make you a better rugby league player that he does that other players don't.

People can argue that his talent takes him as far as it does. I call bulls**t. You don't dominate the game like he does on talent alone. Talent only takes you so far. If there are indeed people criticizing his attitude, rather then doing so, I'd find out exactly what it is he does that makes him so damn good and start modelling him. The guy is an amazing player.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I'm not going to lie, I was one of those students that did little study and would top the class and other people who put in more hours of study then I did, only just passed. Needless to say people would get p*ssed off at me, but does that make me lazier than them?

I had strategies in place that ensured I would get the maximum marks I could with the least amount of studying. It's called efficiency and something all businesses strive to have. I discovered early on what worked for me and I consistently and repeatedly implemented it to achieve continual success.

The last place I wanted to be was studying or reading school text books. So I manufactured a system to ensure I spent the least amount of time possible near them. I had a sporting and social life outside of that, that I valued more and was more enjoyable to me than being stuck behind textbooks. I didn't care about school (but I never disrespected the teachers or what they were doing for us), I cared about playing footy; watching the eels on the weekend; hanging with my friends; spending time with loved ones. That's how I wanted to spend my time.

If your goal is to see a sunset and you're running east, try as hard as you may you will never ever see a sunset.

You need the right STRATEGY in place first. Start running west! Then you will see your sunset!

That's what I did with my studying. The people who were putting "more effort" in were running east, I was going west. So I seemingly did nothing on the surface to them, because I studied less than they did, but really I did A HELL of a lot more then they ever did because I walked the right way instead of the wrong way. They HAD to do that extra study because they went east and it still didn't serve them. I didn't have to do extra study because I went west and did all that required to do to get the marks I wanted.

Maybe the reason why Jarryd is so damn skilled and great at what he does is because he has certain strategies in place (ones he may not even and probably isn't aware of consciously) that make him the cream of the crop and he just continually applies things that other players don't.

Jarryd may be walking west while everyone else is running as fast as they can east? I don't know? But at the end of the day, he is successful for a reason and there's obviously things he does that make him successful and things that he does effectively that other people may not.

If you ask me that doesn't make him lazy (if he is indeed seen this way and none of this post has been directed at you Tezza, just quoting you because you brought it up), it makes him damn smart and he's efficient and effective as a result! And if other people are criticizing his attitude maybe they should see what he does underneath the surface and model him? After all success leaves a series of clues and there is probably things that make you a better rugby league player that he does that other players don't.

People can argue that his talent takes him as far as it does. I call bulls**t. You don't dominate the game like he does on talent alone. Talent only takes you so far. If there are indeed people criticizing his attitude, rather then doing so, I'd find out exactly what it is he does that makes him so damn good and start modelling him. The guy is an amazing player.

To sum up for those who can't read your long post:

The secret to a university degree is to study in Perth and not on the Eastern seaboard.

Point well made.

yy_cheng

Coach

its why they say smart people are lazy
but it still pisses ppl off

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can totally relate to what cg221 says, I was the same at uni - I never gave 100% skipped most of lectures, bare minimum tuts I attended. I worked 45 hours a week so doing 4-5 subjects a semester effectively meant I needed a strategy, so I basically at tfd start of each subject I would identify the core principles that were most applicable to the subject, and all my study revolved around that for essays, exams etc, it worked, walked out with a distinction average even though the dopes who didn't even worked barely got a credit average.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-split-far-from-amicable-20120407-1whzf.html

Bondi lure for Hayne

HEAVY hitters at the Roosters liked my suggestion when it came to Jarryd Hayne. After revealing that the representative fullback was lacking support among his Eels teammates, Roosters officials contacted me to say they are aware of when Hayne is off contract - at the end of next season - and it could allow them to reward veteran No.1 Anthony Minichiello with a contract for 2013. There is some ill-feeling between sections of the Roosters and the Eels and pinching Hayne would be seen as quite a nice square-up. With most of the best fullbacks tied up, the Roosters could do a lot worse than give ''Mini'' another year. Hayne read my item last week which revealed players were not supporting him - he did not dispute that - but slammed suggestions he was not getting on with Chris Sandow, something that is being freely discussed in the Souths camp. When it comes to Sandow he sent a picture of him embracing his halfback. "Zero friction between me and this bloke. Wanted to make it clear that the rumours are utter rubbish. His (sic) my brother from another mother. EXCLUSIVE."

Weedler doesn't give up

Parra Pride

Coach
:lol::lol::lol:

The only quote he has is Hayne's tweet calling the rumours trash.

Weedler truly is a grade A f**kwit.

#MakingUpBullshit