What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HC Sackings

nick87

Coach
I wonder if paying out Culley means that they won't budget for an in house masseuse.

Culley isnt even getting the fully 5 year pay out
apparently his deal was only guaranteed for 2 years, which is:

a) unheard of for coaches, their deals are always fully guaranteed
b) a clear sign they signed knowing they intended to sack him regardless of results

what a dispicable organsiation. They target a long term assisatant who's never had the opportunity to be a HC, give him the job, give him a bad deal because they know he'll take it... he takes and actually does a good job all things considered and they sack him anyways

honestly disgusting.

jaseg

Juniors
Culley isnt even getting the fully 5 year pay out
apparently his deal was only guaranteed for 2 years, which is:

a) unheard of for coaches, their deals are always fully guaranteed
b) a clear sign they signed knowing they intended to sack him regardless of results

what a dispicable organsiation. They target a long term assisatant who's never had the opportunity to be a HC, give him the job, give him a bad deal because they know he'll take it... he takes and actually does a good job all things considered and they sack him anyways

honestly disgusting.

Want even more disgusting?

It's probably to hire Flores - so they can keep Watson, who apparently wants to play for him. NFI how those guys got close, but there you are. Keeping an (allegedly) rapey QB appears to be the goal here.

kurt faulk

Coach
Want even more disgusting?

It's probably to hire Flores - so they can keep Watson, who apparently wants to play for him. NFI how those guys got close, but there you are. Keeping an (allegedly) rapey QB appears to be the goal here.

that's not disgusting, that's smart business.

they screwed up by alienating their franchise qb and now they're trying to make amends.

culley knew the deal when he signed that contract. probably why he was so angry on the sideline after almost every play. every bad play meant he was closer to getting sacked.

jaseg

Juniors
that's not disgusting, that's smart business.

they screwed up by alienating their franchise qb and now they're trying to make amends.

culley knew the deal when he signed that contract. probably why he was so angry on the sideline after almost every play. every bad play meant he was closer to getting sacked.

Oh, given his talent it's smart. But those things aren't mutually exclusive.

It's not disgusting to sack a guy who overachieved compared to expectations in order to bring a dude who has done the shit Watson has (allegedly) done back into the fold?

Come on, man.

shiznit

Coach

Mike Tomlin??

Then you see the odds for the Steelers QB next season and Derek Carr is 2nd favourite… maybe the bookies are forecasting a Tomlin for DC trade?? 😳😳

shiznit

Coach
More like someone just asked Sean Payton about the plan for the Saints cap situation for next season…
dave-chappelle-slap.gif

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
If the Saints can get picks from Jerry for Payton then it could help the franchise rebuild.

shiznit

Coach
Sounding like Josh McDaniels is going to be the Raiders HC with Dave Ziegler as the GM.

don’t know anything about Ziegler and TBH… I don’t really like or rate McDaniels at all… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

the talk was Harbaugh was keen but Davis wasn’t keen on having another Gruden type…

Tom155

Coach
Sounding like Josh McDaniels is going to be the Raiders HC with Dave Ziegler as the GM.

don’t know anything about Ziegler and TBH… I don’t really like or rate McDaniels at all… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

the talk was Harbaugh was keen but Davis wasn’t keen on having another Gruden type…
200w.gif

shiznit

Coach
fixed it for you.

Lmfao… that’s actually something we don’t give a f**k about… the franchise was built on ‘Just Win Baby!’

we don’t give a f**k how it happens… if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying…

shiznit

Coach
I feel for Flores as i think he’s the best candidate out there IMO… and the fact that he’s not getting one of these jobs is a disgrace.

id certainly have him over McDaniels…

I’m not big on throwing the race card out there when it comes to recruitment… as I feel at the end of the day you should be able to hire whoever you feel is the best person for the job.

but to me that changes when your looking at firing someone…

The Flores and Culley firing’s are terrible and serious questions need to be asked IMO…

Eelectrica

Referee
We truely have a terrible owner. Just going to be cycling through coaches every 2 or 3 years until Ross croaks unless we get real lucky.

Players risk injury playing to win. A no. 1 draft pick isn't much use to a player getting cut at the end of the season. That Flores took that rabble to 5 wins speaks volumes. Sure I'd love Burrow to be QB of the Dolphins. Justin Herbert was also available when we made our pick that draft so yeah...

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I feel for Flores as i think he’s the best candidate out there IMO… and the fact that he’s not getting one of these jobs is a disgrace.

id certainly have him over McDaniels…

I’m not big on throwing the race card out there when it comes to recruitment… as I feel at the end of the day you should be able to hire whoever you feel is the best person for the job.

but to me that changes when your looking at firing someone…

The Flores and Culley firing’s are terrible and serious questions need to be asked IMO…

Flores has done himself no favours with getting another Head Coaching gig though throwing this all out there. It's an old boys club really the NFL.

shiznit

Coach
Flores has done himself no favours with getting another Head Coaching gig though throwing this all out there. It's an old boys club really the NFL.
But that shouldn’t be the case…

I mean people get upset at the Rooney rule because the job should go to the best available candidate regardless of skin colour… and I agree with that.

but if we are truly saying that… you can’t tell me Flores shouldn’t be picked up for one of these jobs.

Taking court action is probably him reading the room that he is not being seriously considered for these roles which i think isn’t right.

The egregious part to me isn’t the hiring process… it’s the fact that Flores and Culley were given opportunities which were franchises in terrible positions…

and then when they did absolutely the best that anyone could have done in that position and were basically fired… and then in Flores case he had his character assassinated when all the stories started coming out that he was terrible to work for etc…

And now he realises he isn’t being treated like a real candidate for these jobs he should be snapped up for… something is f**ked up about the scenario…

Latest posts