What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Quigs

Immortal
Lucky for us hey !!! ..... We have our bestus everesttus, mates with flanno and Gal, #1 Supporter using his megaphone diplomacy and get on his front foot and defend his mighty Sharkies.

He is everywhere saturating the airwaves replying to criticism (check me spellun) and obvious attacks on the Sharks. Soon as a talking head pops up - he swoops like a hawk. Tallons flexed. The whole world knows where our #1 stands.

And you all wonder why Carch egged the Admins. It is out of pure frustration.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think if they really wanted us gone we wouldn't have got a slap on the wrist with the latest saga. That gives me hope we're here to stay.
Agree...it was a token punishment considering the coin on its way. The Nrl has given every club the chance to survive given the grant is 120% of the salary cap and you only have to spend 95% of the cap. Only Sharkies style mismanagement would faarrkk it up. Manly....Tigers and Goons far more vulnerable than us....but even they should survive imo.

Agree...it was a token punishment considering the coin on its way. The Nrl has given every club the chance to survive given the grant is 120% of the salary cap and you only have to spend 95% of the cap. Only Sharkies style mismanagement would faarrkk it up. Manly....Tigers and Goons far more vulnerable than us....but even they should survive imo.
Goons to the gong fulltime, tigers to campbelltown fulltime. Roosters to be fired out of a cannon at the sun

bluefox68

Staff member
Perth Sea Eagles - has a nice ring to it - to borrow a phrase from the complete————- on NRL360.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I know the NRL given a chance would relocate us, lets say Dragons screw up, ended being busted would they move them, this is a team that would wheel out history, would they move them

RandyAndy

Juniors
I noticed in the annual report that we received $175k for stadium events compared to $19k last year so at least there's some progress there.

that a pretty good increase revenue and would love to see that increase in my business

was the venue hired out to someone for training?

CEO

Juniors
No SYDNEY team is safe. Not even Roosters with small junior base.

NRL want to make teams geographically based. It really depends on how they break it up. For example Sharks, Dragons and Dogs join (not merge) to form a Southern District team. Tribalism will remain in NSW Cup. But all new teams will have new names and identities.

Think of A League initial setup when Sydney teams formed the new Sydney FC.

snout

First Grade
The southern sharks.

I reckon the fairest criteria would be any team who has won the Amco Cup is given preference.

Makes sense to me.

Quigs

Immortal
No SYDNEY team is safe. Not even Roosters with small junior base.

NRL want to make teams geographically based. It really depends on how they break it up. For example Sharks, Dragons and Dogs join (not merge) to form a Southern District team. Tribalism will remain in NSW Cup. But all new teams will have new names and identities.

Think of A League initial setup when Sydney teams formed the new Sydney FC.

If I remember correctly the Sydney Sookarh scene underwent the big name changes to rid the competition of their racial divides. i.e. Apia Leichardt, St George Budepest, Pan Hallenic, (thats all me old memory can remember)

Ads

First Grade
If I remember correctly the Sydney Sookarh scene underwent the big name changes to rid the competition of their racial divides. i.e. Apia Leichardt, St George Budepest, Pan Hallenic, (thats all me old memory can remember)
Correct. They wouldn't even entertain any of those clubs applying to run one of the new A-League teams when it was set up.

Generalzod

Immortal
This is on Twitter whenever the discussion comes up for relocation guess which team is always mentioned????????

Generalzod

Immortal
When my father arrived in Australia in he remembers going to the Soccer match between the Greeks vs Jews, Pan Hellenic later changed to Sydney Olympic, Hakoah later changed Sydney City, he told me that they used to go to the Soccer dressed in their Sunday best clothes.

southland

Juniors
I've long thought that Sydney could have 4 teams. North, East, South and West. The Sydney Southern Sharks sounds all right.

Bring on WA, another QLD team, Wellington and a Pacific IslandsTeam

If they want to punt a team and bring in another regional team look no further than the f**k up that is the Gold Coast.

Not one sporting franchise has ever done well there. Just think about that.

For a regional franchise to not even have 10k members is an embarrassment with their population and facilties.

How many times have they made the finals as a Gold Coast Franchise?

The NRL has to admit to their f**k up and wind them up and either bring in a second Brisbane team or bring in a Perth team to take advantage of the Rugby Union f**k up over there.

President Trump

Juniors
LNP Governments always deliver money for the Sharks. Treasurer Costello and Bruce Baird paid for the Southern Grandstand with a grant in 2006-2007. Labor never gives us anything.

Latest posts