1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Head coach backs head stomper

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by grouch, Dec 9, 2014.

1. grouch

grouch First Grade

Some of these quotes from our coach make me wonder if he's suffered some sort of head stomping related brain damage himself. Wow. This is what we've been reduced to.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...149744676?nk=8e7f5683ba308d233fa24053fc37152f

2. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Unfortunately he pleaded guilty, he got convicted

Lost me right there Paul.

Mary, do me a favour and stay away from the press on matters like this.

Man v man? Man v floor more like it.

Just say that the guy did his time and move on, stop comparing and deflecting the case.

"Unfortunately, he pleaded guilty ? ". WTF.

So he should have pled not guilty ?

3. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Juniors

Sign him up

4. grouch

grouch First Grade

"The fight happened and unfortunately it finished like it did"

Unfortunately finished with a head stomping, you mean Paul?

5. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

This.

6. God-King Dean

God-King Dean Immortal

If I could be bothered looking for them, I could find half a dozen arrogant/stupid by McGregor since he's taken over.

I think his first one, "Yeah, putting Dugan to centre was a mistake, eh?" sums up what an arrogant wanker he is.

7. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

I remember that one mate.

It was akin to Pricey saying " some got their pants pulled down " after a win in a press conference.
    Classy... NOT.

More importantly, isnt this stuff screened prior to publication?
    I mean he sounds like the defence counsel for Packer.

8. bottle

bottle Coach

I want Packer.
    What I don't want is our coach making public social commentary trying to mitigate in some way what Packer did, and/or influence the NRL's decision. That task is one that our clubs administrators can justifiably take up.
    Mary needs to coach to what he has.

Not a good look for McGregor to be doing this. Again I accept he was probably only answering questions put to him. Some circumspection wouldn't go astray though.

9. Gomarchin

Gomarchin Juniors

I will go on record now and say that Mary will be no better than Price with regards to our performance on the table. He is all talk and the only thing he is good at is self promotion.

10. BigH

BigH Juniors

Mary needs a public relations consultant, he is not one of the boys now

11. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Yea with you on that ..... oozes with arrogance....

12. dragonreddy

dragonreddy Juniors

Geez ,this just confirms what a lot of people have been saying about the club being at the lowest point in many years.

What a sob story about Packer , he is a grown man who made the decision to be out on the piss and bash someone and then stomp his head, hardly the upstanding family man that he is now being portrayed as, not to mention the pissing on the field incident ,this bloke has proven he has little respect for anyone and yet the clown we are calling our coach feels the need to go into bat for him .

I wonder how Packer's victim is, I'm betting he wasn't on a six figure income to tide him over while he recovered from his injuries.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  13. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Its Ok Reddy mate... dont worry.

It was man v man :roll::roll::roll:

14. dragonreddy

dragonreddy Juniors

I'll second that , he certainly will need to do a lot of self promotion to erase the comments he has just gone to print with in this article,obviously nowhere near as smart as all the optimists are hoping him to be .

He is as dumb as dogshit.

15. dragonreddy

dragonreddy Juniors

Yep ridiculous comments ,I'm guessing he will regret doing this interview, McGregor needs to move into this century.

16. Rob Dragon

Rob Dragon Juniors

I am a fan of McGregor's (unlike many on this forum) and I also believe that Packer should be allowed to play upon release from gaol (weather it is with us or not I don't care), BUT Mary your comments on this issue today are bloody ridiculous. Shut your mouth and let the proper authorities make their decision. These are comments unbecoming of a person in a position of authority. Mary, coach the team and keep social commentary to social commentators.

17. saint.nick

saint.nick Coach

Who are f**king useless anyway. People who decide to go on Today or Sunrise to tell the world what we're already bloody thinking, and then act like their words are revelation.

18. The Nick

The Nick Bench

It's pretty obvious that his intention here is to publicly pressure the NRL into registering the contract. I've made my feelings on Packer pretty clear in previous posts, but I'm not going to criticise the coach for trying to assemble the best team available. That's what he gets paid to do.

19. Owen Da Saints

Owen Da Saints Juniors

Cmon guys !
    He's got kids to feed ! :sarcasm:

20. West coast dragon

West coast dragon Bench

Time to get past it guys looks like he's gonna be a saint better off coming to terms with it people!