What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head for 2008. Officially official...

N.C.

Juniors
WESTS TIGERS SIGN MATTHEW HEAD
Wests Tigers today announced the signing of talented half-back Matthew Head for season 2008.

Head has signed a one-year-deal with the club and is looking to re-establish his first grade career after spending time with Hull in the English Super League competition this year.

More details will be released shortly on the website.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1055

brooksy19

Bench
Flanagan will get atleast 3 games this year.

6. Benji
7. Head

9. Farah / Flanagan

Benji will be loving Head by the end of the year.

brooksy19

Bench
hows about the blokes on the offical forum, blowing up deluxe that this was the major announcement?

"Is that it ?"

fair dinkum, they wouldnt be happy with a threesome with two coked up broads from Hugo's.

fact is, we finally bought someone in a position we've lacked since our inception barring the prince era.

simon says

First Grade
themanonthehill said:
A rep half when he is fit ... so where does this leave the Hilux ?

Too right a rep half.....

Re Morris....You could put him nearly anywhere and he will try hard/give his all.

I remember him playing on the wing for the Knights.

Maybe centre???

14???

simon says

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
hows about the blokes on the offical forum, blowing up deluxe that this was the major announcement?

"Is that it ?"

fair dinkum, they wouldnt be happy with a threesome with two coked up broads from Hugo's.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah that irked me too.

I'd try hard and give my all too ... and like Morris I am sh*t
Just cos he tries hard doesn't mean he's good enough
There is/was meant to be another announcement

brooksy19

Bench
Yeah ?

Surely they'd do it in one hit though ?

Sounds like Ronald has been equipped with a laptop and a next G capable phone..

4 home grounds paying dividends already mate.

N.C.

Juniors
MATTHEW GIVES WESTS TIGERS THE HEADS UP

By Wayne Cousins

Wests Tigers today announced the signing of talented half-back Matthew Head for season 2008.

The former St George-Illawarra Dragons playmaker has signed a one-year-deal with the club and is looking to re-establish his first grade career after spending time with Hull in the English Super League competition this year.

Head has played 57 first grade games but knee injuries have haltered his career. He left the Dragons in July to play for Hull.

“I felt I had some unfinished business back here,’’ Head said, of his signing with Wests Tigers.

“I wasn’t too happy playing my last game in Australia in reserve grade. It was a great opportunity to come to the Wests Tigers and to play under coach Tim Sheens.

“When it came up, I jumped at the chance and I am glad that it is all sorted now.’’

Head said any question marks over a suspect knee injury was just media talk.

“All I need is a good off-season and hopefully that is what I can achieve here. I just want to put those injuries behind me,’’ Head said.

“I am doing all the work I can to get over my injuries and that is something I suppose I have got to prove.

“I want to prove I am over them. I left Australia injured. I didn’t want to be known as a player that had injuries and couldn’t make it to what his potential showed.

“I have a new start at a new club and I am looking forward to the challenge.

“I want to show people what I can do. I spoke with Tim last week and he has given me that opportunity to start here at the club. I have now got to train hard and hopefully have some good trials and put my name there to maybe be the number seven.

“Tim has given me no indication as to what he is going to do with the half-back position. I am fresh and ready to go. I will be there for the first trial and I’ve just got to put my best foot forward there.’’

Head said he was already looking forward to playing the Dragons.

“To play the Dragons in round one at the SCG will be pretty special. There is plenty of work to be done before that, though,’’ Head said.

“I’ll set myself those goals down the track. For now, I’ve just got to train hard.’’

Matthew Head file (courtesy of David Middleton, League Information Services)
Born: 9/5/82, Wagga Wagga, NSW
Position: Half-back
First grade debut: St George Illawarra v. Canberra at Canberra 2003 (Rd 3)
Junior club: Dapto
Other information: Played for St George Illawarra in Jersey Flegg grand final 2002
Played for Illawarra in SG Ball Cup competition 2000
Played for Illawarra in Harold Matthews Shield final 1998
Played for Hull 2007
NRL Games: 57
Tries: 7
Goals: 95
Field Goals: 1

Estoboy

Juniors
brooksy19 said:

"Is that it ?"

fact is, we finally bought someone in a position we've lacked since our inception barring the prince era.

been there and done that
it's over rated

but congrats to the tigers for this signing. Risky, dangerous, but a step in the right direction

Bench
themanonthehill said:
I'd try hard and give my all too ... and like Morris I am sh*t
Just cos he tries hard doesn't mean he's good enough
There is/was meant to be another announcement
On FOX at midday,they said a 2.00pm press announcement,and left it at that.

Estoboy

Juniors
2pm is when the NRL CEO's are getting some air time... or so was said on FOX about an hour ago

gurstar

Juniors
is that it ..a good sighning though .
i thought there was going to be some other big news as well.

i bet ronald has cracked his bottle yellow glen already

Mish

Juniors
I'm not suprised witht he signing, I'm happy. But I was suprised there was no other announcement with it.