What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heighington & Skandalis

Tim Brasher

Juniors
John Skandallis is a very honest player who will go forward all day. He is a very good club player with a huge heart.

Chris Heighington is an average first grader. Mainly a backrower who can prop Heighington does his job with little fuss. Has a good footy brain and gets himself in the right places but to be honest he will be in a battle to hold down a first grade spot this season. The media have labelled him a future rep player but these calls in my opinion are unfounded

simon says

First Grade
Ya know I really rate Rhino......he is agile for a big man,and always seems to make big plays.....whether it be a crucial tackle oir run he was our go to man towards the end of the year.

If he can secure a full time gig in the back row I suspect he will go even better this year.

Oh....and Skandy is like British paints,just keeps on keeping on.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Heighno was one of the worst players on the paddock this morning. A couple of mised tackles, dropped balls and bad judgements. I really think he will struggle to hold his position on today's efforts.

brook

First Grade
Tim Brasher said:
Heighno was one of the worst players on the paddock this morning. A couple of mised tackles, dropped balls and bad judgements. I really think he will struggle to hold his position on today's efforts.

If we were basing things on this morning I would be saying that Prince would struggle to keep a spot so I wouldn't read too much into that game ;-)

Tim Brasher

Juniors
brook said:
If we were basing things on this morning I would be saying that Prince would struggle to keep a spot so I wouldn't read too much into that game ;-)

Agreed Prince did not perform but this thread was based on Skando and Heighington and despite being a Tigers fan I find the Heighington "future rep player claims' a complete joke

brook

First Grade
I don't see Heighno as a future rep player either. However I do believe that there is a world of difference between 'average' and 'rep player', I see Heighno as a very good club player who is still a long way off rep standard.

super_coach

First Grade
At the start of 2005 the tigers were going to ditch him,by the end of 2005 he was a big part of the engine room--like a lot of players 2006 will be the big test--will he make the next step or go backwards only time will tell---He reminds me of a poor mans Hindmarsh.Now if he turns out to be like Hindmarsh,than we have a real super star.But I have seen it many times,one year wonders

Balmain_Boy

I think Rhino CAN reach rep level. He doesn't have a lot of natural talent and he is not at rep level yet, not by a long way. BUT, he is one of the most whole hearted players I've ever seen. He gives it everything he has both on and off the field. You never know what heights they will reach if they have as much guts as Rhino. Who can forget Heighington catching a ferry and 3 or 4 buses from the CC to get to training during the bushfires one season? With that commitment I reckon he'll only get better.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tim Brasher said:

On the efforts displayed I think half the team would struggle to be named in the PL run on side

Its 1 game, in almost negative tempratures after a travel that lasted about 24hrs and then playing a team that had about 3-4 hit outs before we played them with a few key players injured - did you honestly expect the team to play high quality footy like we did during the finals in this game?

On the rep side of things, Rhino showed during the finals he has the potential to dominate and step up when it counts and I wouldn't be closing the door on him wearing a rep jersey either just yet. He has yet reached his potential and has always shown improvment since being with Balmain / Wests Tigers over the last few years.

Young Elias

Juniors
Rhino pulled off some off the hits / tackles of the 05 finals series, along with Laffranchi. Wouldn't be writing him off just yet

braz

Juniors
Andrew Voss was calling for Heighington to picked for the Kangaroo squad as he was "the form forward in the competition".

Note: this was before the f**kathon on live tv after the gf haha