What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heighington

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
As a Parra fan who has an interest in the Wests Tigers, just curious as to what you guys thought of Chris.

For mine, he is NOT an 80 minute player. Alot of his hitups look tired and ineffective and his often down on his haunches red as a beetroot leaving holes in the defensive line. Not meant as a jibe, but I believe he would be much more effective playing 50-60 mins. & It would be great if he learnt to pass the ball instead of getting in the way and holding it. It may be good in fantasy land, but not in real life.His talked up as a potential NSW player but I truely think playing him 80mins a week is not doing him or the team any favours.

Gareth Ellis on the other hand seems to be a genuine 80 minute footballer & a great signing.

Hopefully Sheens wakes up soon and u guys start making the 8 again.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
It gets back to other threads here- Sheens does not use the interchange players very well. Usually 2 of the 4 do not see the field for more than 10 or so minutes, so the "frontline" forwards have to endure.........

I generally agree, although the lack of match fitness early on in the season is probably the cause of Heighington being unable to play a solid 80 mins.

Dirty Mutombo

Juniors
I agree 110%. I'm a Parra fan too, but watching Heighington play he strikes me more as a 50/60 min footballer, being aked to play 80mins.

I dunno what the hell is up with Sheens use of interchange or insistence of playing John Morris in the halves..like most of u i guess.

I dont mind watching the Tigers play when in full flight but everyyear ive though geez Sheens needs to have a think about how the games evolving in the coming offseason, and every season Sheens is partying like its 2005.

Id play Gallant fullback, Benji 7, Moltzen 6, Heighington 60mins, Peni Tangavae or whateva his name is NOT BEAU RYAN...& thats a start. Also Dane Laurie must play. He uses 2 of his interchange for 10mins a game anyway why not get 10 mins out of Laurie.

Good luck on the wknd Tigers, hope Sheens makes some changes b4 its too late.