What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Eels Membership

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not a great use of logic there... just because someone is seeking the flexibility to buy an 8-9 game season ticket based on preferred home game location doesn't have anything to do with their tolerance in attanding the less-preferred stadium for a one-off game.

Well it does because they're whining trying to send a message to the club. As though one whiny fan who refuses to go to Homebush is worth the thousands of home and away fans that do.

Our mentality needs to be that Homebush is our second home (or third after Darwin), not that we hate Homebush and refuse to go there.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well it does because they're whining trying to send a message to the club. As though one whiny fan who refuses to go to Homebush is worth the thousands of home and away fans that do.

Our mentality needs to be that Homebush is our second home (or third after Darwin), not that we hate Homebush and refuse to go there.

Precisely. We average 31k per game at ANZ. Most times the vast majority of the crowd are Parra fans.

If bart wants to support Pirtek stadium, he could rent a box there? But to support the Eels involves joining the 10s of thousands of other fans at Homebush.

I want us to move there fulltime and average 50k+ one day (ie, like the Tigers game every game). Obviously that is a way off, but if people don't like going there, don't renew your season tickets. The way our membership and crowds have been increasing the last 5 years, I have no doubt someone else would appreciate the sweet seats at the Pirtek games.

Bigfella

Coach
Dear Larissa,

I really like the idea of the backpack.

My preference would be for a magic one, like Dors the Explorer has.

Failing that, a lemon coloured Ferrari and a new house please.

EelsFan05

Bench

For someone that doesn't go to any games you should stay silent on the issue. If the club prefers to play game there that's fine. But conversely the people that pay should have a right to an opinion about where they like watching the games.

oldmancraigy

Coach
For someone that doesn't go to any games you should stay silent on the issue. If the club prefers to play game there that's fine. But conversely the people that pay should have a right to an opinion about where they like watching the games.

So the average crowd of 31,021 should be ignored because someone has an opinion? Just because he doesn't (can't?) go is irrelevant. He can still read the trends can he not?

I think it's fantastic that we moved the Tigers game for this season. For years it capped at 19,654. This year 51,000 people got to watch the game, and the atmosphere wasn't terrible. The argument is about a 'location based' membership option. There IS such an option, it is called 'rock up and buy your tickets at Pirtek each week' (one could even buy them in advance). But why should someone get the best seats at Pirtek if they won't support their club by coming to ANZ, and allowing another 30,000 to join in and show their support?

If we're not going to try and include others, let's just petition the club to sack Larissa?

Having said all that: I would much prefer Pirtek as a venue full time, but only if it was 35k seats, with a plan to add another 10k as crowds grow (and even that would be too small on occasion).

EelsFan05

Bench
So the average crowd of 31,021 should be ignored because someone has an opinion? Just because he doesn't (can't?) go is irrelevant. He can still read the trends can he not?

I think it's fantastic that we moved the Tigers game for this season. For years it capped at 19,654. This year 51,000 people got to watch the game, and the atmosphere wasn't terrible. The argument is about a 'location based' membership option. There IS such an option, it is called 'rock up and buy your tickets at Pirtek each week' (one could even buy them in advance). But why should someone get the best seats at Pirtek if they won't support their club by coming to ANZ, and allowing another 30,000 to join in and show their support?

If we're not going to try and include others, let's just petition the club to sack Larissa?

Having said all that: I would much prefer Pirtek as a venue full time, but only if it was 35k seats, with a plan to add another 10k as crowds grow (and even that would be too small on occasion).

No, the crowd that turns up shouldn't be ignored. People that don't go to games but critise people that do for having an opinion should.

Haynzy

First Grade
Ok, I'm gonna agree with Haynzy for some stupid reason.

Because there are people who don't know how to wash their bloody clothes, you should do a black hat with white on it.

I think it has something to do with how incredibly intelligent you are.

oldmancraigy

Coach
No, the crowd that turns up shouldn't be ignored. People that don't go to games but critise people that do for having an opinion should.

So because he lives in Perth, and therefore can't go to a game, he isn't allowed to have an opinion on where the club should play games?

Are you currently playing first grade footy? If not, I'd thank you not to post again in these forums - just to extend your wonky logic back to you...

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's an old saying about me, Haynzy: I'm as intelligent as I am handsome.

ggUKs.png

EelsFan05

Bench
So because he lives in Perth, and therefore can't go to a game, he isn't allowed to have an opinion on where the club should play games?

Are you currently playing first grade footy? If not, I'd thank you not to post again in these forums - just to extend your wonky logic back to you...

I think you are missing my point OMC. Must be a slow Friday morning for you.

Western_Eel

Juniors
This was the first year i went from being non-ticketed to ticketed and i think i will be going back from next year,

The whole way the process went was appalling, from being promised the packs in time for Christmas and got them in February to the way i was spoken to when you stuffed up my seats at ANZ,

Its just easier for me to just buy tickets each week