What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Perenara

Wizardman

First Grade
We all know someone or have met someone in our lives that have been elevated beyond their station in life in regards to jobs due to various reasons. Henry Perenara...sigh. He is easily the worst ref in the competition and is not fit for NRL competition. Im amazed the guy still gets a gig...awful!!!

thorson1987

Coach
We all know someone or have met someone in our lives that have been elevated beyond their station in life in regards to jobs due to various reasons. Henry Perenara...sigh. He is easily the worst ref in the competition and is not fit for NRL competition. Im amazed the guy still gets a gig...awful!!!

Only there because he is an ex player. Fast tracked through the ranks in front of guys that have refereed for years.

beave

Coach
Yeah, him and Patten got a saloon passage into first grade. Absolute rort. Am i correct in saying he had his hand up early in the 1st half for the chooks indicating it was the last but it was in fact the 3rd? I over heard the commentators talking about it but I was too busy posting ref abuse and comedy gold in the match day thread to take notice.........

Last edited:

Exsilium

First Grade
He is an absolute merkin. Penrith have won 45% under the guy, Cummins the other.

Dragons are similar.

He's not objective at all.

Iafeta

Referee
Horrible ref. Gives it to us something fierce. Probably because we didn't really give him or his fat gut brother a chance. You know he's horribly wrong on a call when he's too busy furrowing the brow and worrying about how he's looking on TV. Staunch face with him equals I know I've made a dud call but damn I look good.

If he had a chance to be a professional tanning model, he'd quit being a ref in a second flat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's a massive poser, and a shit ref to boot.

He was a better footballer which doesn't say much about his abilities as a referee.

TIGER14

Bench
Bloke cant even count. Said last tackle on the 3rd, 4th and 5th tackle of the same set today.
And it was him that gave the 7 tackle set in the Sharks v Cowboys game a few years ago too right?
Actually, I think he's done the 7 tackle set thing twice....

innsaneink

Referee
Very forgettable as a player, which is odd for me as I was watching every game every week back when he was running around
Sharks?
Backrower?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Very forgettable as a player, which is odd for me as I was watching every game every week back when he was running around
Sharks?
Backrower?
He stunk it up for the Eels for a year or two as well. Smith sacked him, probably why he hates us.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Great ref.. enjoy watching him..

Funny how a lot of his baggers in this thread can't even get their grammar correct, yet pick on his rule interpretation...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bill Harrigan has openly said on Triple M that when he was in charge of the refs he said Perenara wouldn't make it to be an NRL standard ref. Seems he was proven right

beave

Coach
Bloke cant even count. Said last tackle on the 3rd, 4th and 5th tackle of the same set today.
And it was him that gave the 7 tackle set in the Sharks v Cowboys game a few years ago too right?
Actually, I think he's done the 7 tackle set thing twice....

On the 7 tackle thing, wasn't it Cecchin that was the main ref that day?

I still don't blame him for us losing that game, considering Todd Carney played on one leg pretty much the entire arvo, we had no one else but ourselves to blame. The carrying on in the week following made me ashamed to be an NQ fan. Although, to be fair, a lot of it was coming from people whom weren't in fact Cowboys fans, which made it look even worse
as they tarred all of us with the same stupidity brush.

We do that just fine without anyone else help tbh.........

Timbo

Staff member
He's bad, he tends to lose control of the game from time to time.

And he's one of the leading refs in the game. FMD.