What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Perenara

TheFrog

Coach
People are being deliberately obtuse about the Taumalolo knock on anyway- it wasn’t a ‘back is forward’ call, it was ruled that the ball went directly forward onto Gavet.

I will admit that in the replays shown it was hard to find the ball actually hitting Gavet, but that was the ruling
This is a standard ruling these days where the tackler knocks the ball out non-deliberately. They call it a loose carry and consider it a knock on by the player in possession. I hate this interpretation. The ref has to decide intent on the part of the tackler and they often get it wrong.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This is a standard ruling these days where the tackler knocks the ball out non-deliberately. They call it a loose carry and consider it a knock on by the player in possession. I hate this interpretation. The ref has to decide intent on the part of the they often get it wrong.

In this particular case if it did touch Gavet it would have been a clear knock on

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Rightly or wrongly, has anyone ever seen a referee make a decision, resume play and then called it back to change his mind the way Perenara did tonight?
I actually have. Perenara was not the first. I cant remember who changed their mind. Back in the day you use to have the touchie hold their flag out and THEN a change happened after a consultation with the touchie so rule change isnt all that new.

Mind you, it was the bunker that later advised Perenara to change the call after they reviewed the video.

Broncoandy

Juniors
The ref Perenium was the one who decided the outcome of that game, Simple as that. In the past I’d watch every single game every round, because of these spastic refs I now watch maybe 3 games a week these days. Sterlo said something very similar a few weeks ago. The refs are ruining the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rightly or wrongly, has anyone ever seen a referee make a decision, resume play and then called it back to change his mind the way Perenara did tonight? He rules a goal line drop out, the warriors drop it out only for him to blow his whistle and stop play to change his mind back to 20m restart.

While i do believe the refereeing was the difference tonight (not just because of that one call btw), our season was over weeks ago. Tonights result was never going to mean anything.

Lol he clearly got a call from the bunker at the 11th hour! But yeh it was the refs decision to change the ruling 90secs later, doh.

no name

Coach
Could it be, actually, that Perenara was shit both ways?

Don't tell me there was any bias or he shat on one team's chances...he is just a genuinely crap referee who got a lot wrong and just has no control or poise at all.
Have to agree, I thought he was terrible both ways and is for most games.
It’s probably not even his own fault, most refs coming through seem to lack confidence and authority. Is that a training thing? He could also use a stint in one of the state cups to give him a bit of a kick up the arse after a shit performance. It seems most refs (and players for that matter) are entrenched in the NRL once established.

Canard

Immortal
Rightly or wrongly, has anyone ever seen a referee make a decision, resume play and then called it back to change his mind the way Perenara did tonight? He rules a goal line drop out, the warriors drop it out only for him to blow his whistle and stop play to change his mind back to 20m restart.

While i do believe the refereeing was the difference tonight (not just because of that one call btw), our season was over weeks ago. Tonights result was never going to mean anything.

It's interesting that just a few weeks earlier when replays showed that the ball had clearly come of the Storm in the same situation, the bunker did Jack shit.

The Storm scored immediately.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Perenara had a fantastic game. Nothing will happen to him, he'e been given another contract for another 3 years.

To the haters - I'm sorry for your pain and tears but I do look forward to reading more of your pain on this thread.

Juju

Juniors

You guys scored one of your tries one set after a Beale knock on on a 7 tackle set - that simply was not a knock on. IMO that was a momentum changer.
Both teams had clangers go against them.

Your team lost cause you let in easy try's in he first half.

The_Shield

Juniors
I love how no team ever loses because the other team was just better. It’s always the refs fault or the other team cheated. The facts are the Cowboys sucked last night, just like they’ve sucked all year. They had so much ball down the Warriors end, especially in the second half, they’ve got no one to blame but themselves. They are easily the most disappointing team this year and the refs aren’t the reason they’ve only won 4 games this year

Broncoandy

Juniors
He’s the worst referee in the comp by a mile. The bloke isn’t up to NRL standard, in fact He’d barely be up to junior footy standard.

Canard

Immortal
I love how no team ever loses because the other team was just better. It’s always the refs fault or the other team cheated. The facts are the Cowboys sucked last night, just like they’ve sucked all year. They had so much ball down the Warriors end, especially in the second half, they’ve got no one to blame but themselves. They are easily the most disappointing team this year and the refs aren’t the reason they’ve only won 4 games this year

Almost no Cowboys fan has made that claim

Meth

Staff member
JT call was fair, he lost it. Ref has to make an instant call, doesn’t have the benefit of 14 slow No replays like us armchair heroes.

Cory Parker waffling on about the penalty for dissent was what was really embarrassing, good call by ref but Cory didn’t like it because, well he couldn’t actually explain why he didnt like it!

That was excruciating. Nobody knows what Feldt said except Feldt, Perenara and Parker

beave

Coach
f**k the missed tackles, the dissent penalties, the piss poor defence and the questionable bench rotations and general player selection for NQ.

I blame ‘dem refs for our dismal 2018.

Them and goal post pads......

Leber

Bench
Perenara was awful, but his calls were more more of a hindarence against the warriors, not the cowboys.

Latest posts