What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's How Dumb Our Draw Is...

rabbitohs95

Bench
A very late but important thought; In the last 7 rounds, including Friday against the Sharks, we will meet 4 teams for the first time, including the Dragons who are traditional rivals (who I believe we should always be playing twice in the regular season)

That means we've played just 11 teams in the first 19 rounds, which includes 2 byes, therefore 11 teams in just 17 games.

Furthermore, we've played the Tigers twice within 10 rounds, Manly twice within 8 rounds, and the Broncos twice within 7 rounds one of which included a bye.

In fact, this means we finished playing the Tigers and Manly altogether before we took/take on the Storm, Eels, Titans, Sharks, Dragons, Raiders and Warriors.

Surely something has to give? I know it's not the club's fault but the NRL has to do something about their terrible scheduling.

I know in the ask the bosses segment it's been stated that we're working with the NRL on the matter but I hope we really give it to them, it's ridiculous!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A very late but important thought; In the last 7 rounds, including Friday against the Sharks, we will meet 4 teams for the first time, including the Dragons who are traditional rivals (who I believe we should always be playing twice in the regular season)

That means we've played just 11 teams in the first 19 rounds, which includes 2 byes, therefore 11 teams in just 17 games.

Furthermore, we've played the Tigers twice within 10 rounds, Manly twice within 8 rounds, and the Broncos twice within 7 rounds one of which included a bye.

In fact, this means we finished playing the Tigers and Manly altogether before we took/take on the Storm, Eels, Titans, Sharks, Dragons, Raiders and Warriors.

Surely something has to give? I know it's not the club's fault but the NRL has to do something about their terrible scheduling.

I know in the ask the bosses segment it's been stated that we're working with the NRL on the matter but I hope we really give it to them, it's ridiculous!

Our draw has been ridiculously hard but I still can't excuse the underperformance of our team. We have thrown games away that we easily should of won. It's what differs us from a top 8 side. We don't know how to grind anymore.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Souths could play newcastle 26 times in a row next year and still come 2nd best souths will have a shiiit team again for next year because we only have 1 good signing in gagai and britt will be another poor dud signing ....And next year the spoon looks like its ours because the other 15 teams have bought well so far but but but the dont knowers are oblivious to our problems but but but tyrrell,clark.turner.burns,talakai.gosiewski,cherro and greinke and co will be there to get us in the grand final next year thats how the dont knowers minds thinks NFIo_O....Shadow...

rabbitohs95

Bench
Our draw has been ridiculously hard but I still can't excuse the underperformance of our team. We have thrown games away that we easily should of won. It's what differs us from a top 8 side. We don't know how to grind anymore.
Yeah its not so much of an excuse for performance its more so frustration as a fan.

Pommy

Coach
Yeah its not so much of an excuse for performance its more so frustration as a fan.

No way I'm renewing my membership until the draw is out this time. If its as crap as this year I will just go with a 3 game membership rather than the burrow one.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
the only reason is souths have a shiiit team . Next year is going to be the same or worse so buckle up dont knowers and let us know how we need mcinnes and how souths can make the top 4 and that turner and clark are premiership players but but but NFI...Shadow...

rabbitohs95

Bench
No way I'm renewing my membership until the draw is out this time. If its as crap as this year I will just go with a 3 game membership rather than the burrow one.
I'm about to hit 10 years next season so I'll definitely renew it for 2018 but afterwards who knows.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
We are all peeved off in here with our lack lustre performances and poor recruitment after 2014 but ile still buy my whole families membership in 2018 till the day i die its the south sydney way, i am a tragic rabbitoh fan/member and i bleed the cardinal and myrtle blood with every beat of my heart .. GLORY GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY SOUTH SYDNEY MARCHES ON TO #22 SSTID .

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are all peeved off in here with our lack lustre performances and poor recruitment after 2014 but ile still buy my whole families membership in 2018 till the day i die its the south sydney way, i am a tragic rabbitoh fan/member and i bleed the cardinal and myrtle blood with every beat of my heart .. GLORY GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY SOUTH SYDNEY MARCHES ON TO #22 SSTID .
Great post!!!!!

I completely agree.

Pommy

Coach
People who just blindly renew are the reason why we have such a shit draw. If you just accept the shit draw being dished up why would the club press the NRL to change it? They are getting the money anyway.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
People who just blindly renew are the reason why we have such a shit draw. If you just accept the shit draw being dished up why would the club press the NRL to change it? They are getting the money anyway.

I think it's a loyalty thing more than anything. I always renew my membership to show my support for the club.

I'm pretty sure it's because since we have the largest membership numbers they put us in a lot of "free to air" games so channel 9 can profit off views. A membership decline would still see us near the top unless it was dramatic but there are a lot of Souths fans out there.

Pommy

Coach
I think it's a loyalty thing more than anything. I always renew my membership to show my support for the club.

I'm pretty sure it's because since we have the largest membership numbers they put us in a lot of "free to air" games so channel 9 can profit off views. A membership decline would still see us near the top unless it was dramatic but there are a lot of Souths fans out there.

If Souths dropped 10k members I'm sure the club would be taking it to the NRL to complain.
I'm not even saying I won't renew, it just won't be a full membership if it's like this year again.
I will be a member but why pay full whack for a shit product?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If Souths dropped 10k members I'm sure the club would be taking it to the NRL to complain.
I'm not even saying I won't renew, it just won't be a full membership if it's like this year again.
I will be a member but why pay full whack for a shit product?

I completely understand what you mean. I will only be a member next year that's it for me. Souths need to wake up honestly.