What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi All

pantherdrew

Juniors
Hi fellow panther fans.

First time poster long time reader(everyday) of both LU and PI(Pride). Think I started reading the forums when i was in my last couple years of high school so about 8 or so years now!! Finally decided to get on the forums and participate in the discussions!

Been a Panther supporter my whole life and have been a Season ticket Holder with the family for about the last 10 years.

Some of my positive thoughts on the year so far-

Awesome work by Gould, Cleary, and all the coaches and support staff in overall hugely improved performances across the board. Harold Matts all the way through to 1st grade have had and are having stellar seasons.

Most of our recruits have been fantastic buys. Segayaro, Brown, Manu and Whare have all been standouts. Roberts is developing and i have no doubt he will get there with time.

The performances of Plummy and Simmons, wow. Both are in career best form. Simmo seems to cop a lot of crap on these forums but imo he has been right up there with Brown and Plummy as are best of the year. He would be the first bloke id pick every week atm.

The overall culture of the first grade side is the best i can remember. They turn up every week regardless to whose injured and have a dig. Cleary is really developing that winning culture and never give up attitude that teams such as Melbourne possess.

Recruitment for next year, terrific, enough said.

Talent at windor- Cherrington is a gun, nabuli has potential. Vtk has imo been very disappointing this year, makes a lot of mistakes and lacks a bit of mongrel. looks like a player low on confidence to me, but if he can recapture the form he produced last year in the 20's he will be a chance of making the grade.

Our juniors coming through. Jez we have some talent. Rcg, Dwz, Moss, Cartwright will all definitely play fg in the next year or 2. Then there is others from the 20's that have potential to make the grade such as, Mosely(reminds me of segayaro), smith, foster.
Not sold on Toby Evans yet. Imo Seijka was much more talented and alot further developed than evans is at the same stages of there career. People talked up Harry as the next Brandy!! Thats not ever going to happen. Unfortunately I dont think Toby has it. I know he is young but he comes up with the wrong options a fair bit in a team that dominates and his kicking game isnt exactly fantastic. I do hope I'm wrong though cause I like im sure all of us, would love to see the next Brandy or Gower or Fittler.

Competition for spots next year is going to be insane and should really help the performances of the team on and off the field as players will know that if they aren't performing or putting in there will be someone waiting to take the opportunity.

Anyways looking forward to contributing on the forum with my fellow Panther Tragic's.

Up the Panthers!!

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Hi fellow panther fans.

all the way through to 1st grade have had and are having stellar seasons.

8 wins and 9 losses in 1st grade (47% win rate) is much better than anyone expected, and better than our all-time average (44%), but I'd reserve stellar, as far as 1st grade goes, for Top 4 or better. Maybe next year will be stellar.

The Wolves are a tad short of stellar as well.

Doomednow

Bench
1st grade is "stellar" for a given value of "stella", and certainly is compared to original expectations.

Welcome, Drew. Well done on not being a total mong and keeping the Panther's fans mong percentage among the lowest on the forum.

I'm in agreement with most of your points, just hoping Cleary continues making the right decisions and we start to get a bit more luck in injuries and quality team/top 25 picks.

Definitely with you on the Simmons issue. He's been great this year. I think a lot of the criticism is based around certain people willing to boot anyone to fit Mansour in the team. With Robinson gone there's less competition for him now so I expect we'll hear less of it.

pantherdrew

Juniors
8 wins and 9 losses in 1st grade (47% win rate) is much better than anyone expected, and better than our all-time average (44%), but I'd reserve stellar, as far as 1st grade goes, for Top 4 or better. Maybe next year will be stellar.

The Wolves are a tad short of stellar as well.

Probably a bad choice of words.

With our roster at the start of the year in comparison to other teams and the injuries we have suffered throughout we have definitely been great. The injuries to the fg squad have obviously effected windsor's depth. Plus the change of coach for them 1/3 the way through the season. You only have to look at how Windsor were going prior to the injury crisis.

If we had a bit of luck for a change with injuries in first grade we could of probably been 11 and 6. We have done well considering.

Crazy Hazy

Juniors
Pantherdrew, cracker of a post, refreshing to hear all the positives- agree with your view of the club's progress and how promising things are for the future.
I don't post much either but love getting the guys' insights about the club. I even like the mong posters and the and how these fellows deal with them.
Look forward to reading more of your posts. (oh and speaking of mong comments -Wayne Bennett ...what a wanker of a comment about Cleary's take on knees up mother Snowden. Deserves everything he gets!)

murraymob

Coach
great first post .I will expect more from now

Agree with all your points.It has been a stellar year.Given all our injuries to even be a chance of the 8 is a sensational effort from all involved

Puntastic

Juniors
What's this? Optimism? Enthusiasm? Constructive contribution? Mustn't be a real Panther's fan. Need more Charchour :lol:

Welcome aboard.

Well done on not being a total mong and keeping the Panther's fans mong percentage among the lowest on the forum.

Make T-shirts. Now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Welcome aboard Drew. I look forward to more of your contributions. Nice to have another Limmo fan on board. Simmons would be close to clubman of the year for me.

franklin2323

Immortal
I even like the mong posters and the and how these fellows deal with them.

We only have 1 what I would call a mong that posts here. Though the thread names take up a page. Stay away from them and it's alright.

To the OP. Welcome the more the merrier

Kilkenny

Coach
I'll give you a couple of weeks, maybe a month or so and you will be as bitter and twisted as the rest on this forum. All froth and bubble, all's well that ends well.

Panther Drew your positivity is sickening and has no place on this forum.