What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there everyone :)

nacho

Juniors
Been reading through all the posts, nice to find a decent bunch of Raiders fans to have a chat with, seems like there's a decent community around here so I thought I'd stick my hand up to join.

Guess I should show my cards to get the love/hatred started early :)

- Mogg is overrated and should be demoted to the Under 13's daisy pickers.

- One of the threads had someone begging for a bit of James Evans support, IMO Evans is one of the best defensive players we've had at the Raiders in a long time. Not a 10/10 player, but sure is an 8/10 player and has room to improve. He's better than a lot of our other first graders.

- Tyrone Smith... just, doesn't suit the Raiders I don't think. Always felt like a Tiger's boy, never seemed to settle in.. and has never played particularly well. Generally expensive penalty-wise too.

- Mclinden's awesome, needs a haircut. He needed to play under someone like Laurie for a little while longer to get his control and steadiness that little bit further. Had a shocking year with 5th tackle kicks, isn't arrogant enough to put it all on the line and be the hero/villain like Finchy. Hopefully Smithy playing half and Mclinden running off him (and using his running game more) will start causing problems for the opposition when we're on their line.

- Bulgareli sucks.

- Mogg still sucks.

- Mogg also sucks.

- Tongue is ok, he reminds me of one of those annoying ankle-biting dogs. He wont win you a game, but he sure as hell wont be the reason you lose it. If there's a list of things a player has to do in a game, he's one of the only people who gets every box ticked in any game he plays in. Great benchy.

- Ruben going is ... heart breaking.

- Davico can go, to be honest. I know I'll get flamed for this, but god. He seems to be injured 75% of the time, and he never does anything particularly bad in games but, he's not as amazing as people make out. Drops the ball a bit too ..

- Mogg's not very good, doesn't pass much (ever).

- I'm really hoping with Wiki gone we can find someone in the forward pack to provide those, you know, inspirational moments defensively. Our forwards defend fairly well, but we don't have anyone that's a noted big-hitter e.g. Morley, Williams (dogs), Tallis, etc.

- Weymann, hopefully he gets a good shot next year, one of the strongest runners I've seen in a long long time.

........can't think of much more at the moment. But that's basically my current attitude :D

*group hug*

nice to meet you all.

Anonymous

Juniors
- One of the threads had someone begging for a bit of James Evans support, IMO Evans is one of the best defensive players we've had at the Raiders in a long time. Not a 10/10 player, but sure is an 8/10 player and has room to improve. He's better than a lot of our other first graders.

Well I agree on you with one thing! Finially another Jimmy fan! Shame he's not one of ours anymore.

Also you probobly picked the exact wrong moment to start posting. The forum will now go into a gradual decline untill about February.

Raider Azz

Bench
You seem to really hate Mogg. Which isn't a good thing if you want to be in my good books.

But hey there, anyway.

Bay56

First Grade
nacho ..... and .. and .. and .. Elliott ?? .... c'mon boy give us your opinion of the coach !!!
and how about management ... what's your opinion of those lunys.
and ... do you like mexican food :lol:

*dos: not a moggy fan*

jed

First Grade
nacho, do you know krisman? You have the same love of bulletpoints. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome.

DJ Raida

Bench
You must be smoking something, because mogg is an absolute gun, look at his 1 on 1 tackles this season. Look at his flick passing, pure champion.

Lynchie

Juniors
How the hell is Mogg a bad player! Im with Greenraider and greeneyed,
He has done an awsome job for us this year and has produced many line breaks and all round is a quality player.

nacho

Juniors
Yeh the decline thing until February, that's probably right.

You know what we should do -- work towards setting up a raiders site of our own for next year or something, dunno. I have the technical know-how, but you guys could probably cover a fair few news articles, inside info, and something about chest-slapping with Ryan O'hara (kinky...).

Mogg makes me smell like roses! *danches around punching at the air*

Elliot, hm, bit of a smart ass, but he does okay. I prefer his interviews at least, he generally says something meaningful instead of blabbering neutral crap most of the time. But, yeah, I agree with another post I saw once -- the uh -- hey they tried real hard so I'm happy, just doesn't cut it anymore.

I think uh, since the early 90's when the Raiders were obviously at their prime, they lost everyone through retirement and so forth as any team does (except a couple). But, most of the fans (me included) seem to feel like the Raiders are in a rebuilding process. That's the only way such shocking performances can be forgiven... you know... the old better luck next year, they'll gel a little better, etc.

Don't you guys ever get the feeling though, that the whole uh, rebuilding process has gone a little off the rails? Losing who we lost this year, and grabbing Adamson and Smith, who are at the end of their years, doesn't really feel to me like rebuilding. That's more like clutching at straws...

Hopefully we'll give a bunch of young guys a good run next year and the old-heads are coming in to provide some experience, and teach them a few things... But if that's the case, how did we manage to lose Monoghan ..

Oh well :)

I've got nothing to hide, everyone has their opinion. Mogg did "OK" this year, I'll grant that, but if I had a list of all the centres in the game that played this year, I'd rate him in the bottom 1/3rd overall. Flick passes are rare, in fact, him passing at all is rare. He's a reliable defender, but he's not someone who grabs the ball and provides any real threat of breaking the line. I'm comparing him to Graham mostly.

Anyway, another post that's way too long, but... anyone got any ideas for a website, or interested at all? I'm thinking a huge forum which allows people to post information about traveling and so on as well as just comments. Even uploading photos of ourselves, and pictures taken at the games etc would be a nice touch. Fan diary for .... I dunno. Waste of time ya reckon? Or worth a crack at it?

MILLWALL

Juniors
mogg can kiss my ashfalt hes a player who has a good day one day then the next hes plays as good as boogs