What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Updates

Drakon

Juniors

ALSGI

Bench
Vau

Vaughan's foot fractures really makes you wonder about the value of these opposed sessions at training. Lots of players seem to get injured at training or in 'warm ups'.
My work involves ‘opposed training’. Injuries also occur with people being lost or out for a time however it’s invaluable, priceless actually for being ready for the real thing.

Shit hapens.

As long as it wasn’t Lawrie or Host that fell on his foot, with a concealed block of concrete there’s nothing to see here people.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
My work involves ‘opposed training’. Injuries also occur with people being lost or out for a time however it’s invaluable, priceless actually for being ready for the real thing.

Shit hapens.

As long as it wasn’t Lawrie or Host that fell on his foot, with a concealed block of concrete there’s nothing to see here people.

It was lucky .
100% accident

Crush

Coach

Shit hapens.

Legend, thanks mate.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
2018 season review: High Performance Update
Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth joins us to summarise the overall performance of the Dragons throughout the 2018 season, as well as give us an update on the players facing injury at the end of the season.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/10/02/2018-season-review-high-performance-update/

It would be useful if questions could be put to Pickworth about the dangers of playing needled up players (eg De Belin and Frizzell)_ and tired Origin players- both to themselves and the performance of the team on the day. I doubt if he would answer them as that might imply that Mary doesn't know what he is doing

SEAT 1A

Bench
2018 season review: High Performance Update
Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth joins us to summarise the overall performance of the Dragons throughout the 2018 season, as well as give us an update on the players facing injury at the end of the season.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/10/02/2018-season-review-high-performance-update/

Nice work by Nathan, smart guy.

I hope management steps in next year to allow the decision process of resting players and workload to Nathan.

denis preston

First Grade
Nice work by Nathan, smart guy.

I hope management steps in next year to allow the decision process of resting players and workload to Nathan.
Absolutely.Covered himself brilliantly. "my job kpi's is one of if not the best in the NRL as far as getting players on the field, and that is the coaches directive to us " "the fact that some of these players would have been better rested was not my brief "

SEAT 1A

Bench
Absolutely.Covered himself brilliantly. "my job kpi's is one of if not the best in the NRL as far as getting players on the field, and that is the coaches directive to us " "the fact that some of these players would have been better rested was not my brief "

It's a no brainer Denise, I would give Mary credit if he allowed Nathan to make the calls, you can't leave it up to Mary alone.

denis preston

First Grade
It's a no brainer Denise, I would give Mary credit if he allowed Nathan to make the calls, you can't leave it up to Mary alone.

Going by what we have seen in Mary's reluctance in changing a side and introducing our younger charges , if Pickworth suggested a rest would you think Mary would have agreed ?

hewi

Bench
And there in lies the reason why we have so many busted players at the end of the year. A comment was made to me that the club would have struggled to have 17 fit players against the roosters if we had beaten the rabbits.

BLM01

First Grade
And there in lies the reason why we have so many busted players at the end of the year. A comment was made to me that the club would have struggled to have 17 fit players against the roosters if we had beaten the rabbits.
Yep..and they all to blame HPU, physios, doctors, stats people, gate keepers, caterers, bar and food staff as to the back end of season fade outs.
94% on field to injury completion rate. Not good enough we want 100%.
Sack the lot of em and give Mary some decent support staff so he can win us a premiership :rolleyes:
In saying that the minimal injuries the Dragons got throughout the year except for the past few weeks was a time in the luck cycle we should of taken advantage of. Imagine if the Dragons had the Penrith casualty toll..where would of we finished then. You look at the Roosters, they had minimal injuries throughout the year also. Tupou for the 1st half and Keary missed a few weeks of their top liners and that was about it.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Going by what we have seen in Mary's reluctance in changing a side and introducing our younger charges , if Pickworth suggested a rest would you think Mary would have agreed ?

Dennis
As I stated earlier in the year.
Pickworth will make recommendations to Mary but mary has the final word.
I know for a fact that Pickworth was pissed that Mary keep playingp JDB after the hip flexor injury.
I hope Mary Will take the medical staffs advise more often but Mary will ask the player option and go with that.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Dennis
As I stated earlier in the year.
Pickworth will make recommendations to Mary but mary has the final word.
I know for a fact that Pickworth was pissed that Mary keep playingp JDB after the hip flexor injury.
I hope Mary Will take the medical staffs advise more often but Mary will ask the player option and go with that.

Surely that had to overridden.

Nathan has qualifications and Mary has …. ? It cost us the season and what about Sele, was ready to rock and roll.

Latest posts